Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #1
purple24
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone using/used an Apollo Twin USB with Reaper?

I purchased an Apollo Twin USB recently. Was apprehensive about issues with Windows compatibility but was assured by the retailer I could return it within 30 days if it had any issues.

It does seem to work ok but I do have issues inside Reaper and generally (on Chrome, Spotify etc) with light popping/clicking. Everything is matched in terms of sample rate and I'm using ASIO with the Universal Audio USB driver. Not sure if anyone on here has been through something similar?

I love the Unison tech so really want to get this working!
purple24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
Thunderfinger

I have similar light pops and clicks with an RME UFX on a PC. Different clicks appear sometimes in the recorded takes, and sometimes only in the playback, both in Reaper and Pro Tools. Raising the buffer size to 256 samples or over fixes the clicks. There are no clicks at all with the exact same interface on a Mac. I unfortunately haven't found a solution for PC, I had a Mac available in the studio, so I took the easy route and switched.
Thunderfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
purple24

Raising buffer sizes makes no difference for me. Welp, not looking good. Guessing I'll be returning this thing then.

Edit: switched the USB 3.0 cable to the port directly on the motherboard as opposed to where it was at the top of the case. Seems to have made a big difference (I don't want to say it's fixed out of fear of cursing myself lol)

Last edited by purple24; 09-28-2021 at 03:27 PM.
purple24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:29 AM   #4
composerguy78

I had the same issue until I changed the cable. I was using a long (over 6 foot long) cable.
composerguy78 is offline   Reply With Quote