Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 07-31-2020, 10:10 PM   #1
Nixixix
Human being with feelings

Default How do I get record button mapped to MIDI controller to stay on?

I've mapped the midi controller 'record' button to record, as well as the stop, play, and loop buttons. But the problem is that they are all triggering on both push and release, so when I push the button it triggers recording and when I release it the recording stops. Obviously this is not ideal because it means I need to hold the button down to keep it recording. I need to be able to push to start it recording and push again to stop.

The same thing is happening with the other keys - when I hit 'play' it will sort of skip, because it is playing from the cursor on the button push, and then when I release the button it triggers it to play from the cursor again. This is a minor inconvenience because it keeps playing either way, but for the record and loop functions it renders them pretty much useless.

So to summarize - how do I get a single button push and release (one 'on/off' input) to trigger a single function, rather than both the input 'on' and input 'off' both triggering the same action?

I hope this makes sense I'm probably not explaining it very well, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nixixix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:26 PM   #2
Nixixix
Human being with feelings

OK never mind I figured it out. Just needed to change the midi CC to Relative 1 instead of absolute. Forgive me for being a brainlet.
Nixixix is offline   Reply With Quote