Old 06-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Frisbieinstein
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone interested in these scripts? (Some special for Garritan users).

I have these JS scripts:

A velocity curve modifier. It was too hard to play a very quiet note on my unweighted keyboard so came up with this. Can get an exponential or logarithmic curve as well.

A splittable sustain pedal. Sustains all the notes above the split but not below, where the notes get muddy. Also, there is a subtle error in many software packages that when the sustain pedal is down and you hit a note again you get another copy of that note, and this is corrected.

Most of the others are to change things I didn't like about the Garritan Personal Orchestra and Jazz Big Band libraries. I DID like the low price and some of the instruments sound great, so I recommend Garritan with these scripts, which include:

--
VelocityToMod The first thing that bugged me was the instruments where velocity has no effect and volume is supposed to be controlled through the mod wheel. So there is a script that converts velocity to mod wheel commands.

Polyphonizer The second was strictly monophonic instruments. With the polyphonizer start up several copies of the instrument on successive channels and off you go.

Combine these two scripts and get polyphony with each note having its own volume.

---

I'm working on fixing up the Garritan legato as well.
Frisbieinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisbieinstein View Post
I have these JS scripts:

A velocity curve modifier. It was too hard to play a very quiet note on my unweighted keyboard so came up with this. Can get an exponential or logarithmic curve as well.

A splittable sustain pedal. Sustains all the notes above the split but not below, where the notes get muddy. Also, there is a subtle error in many software packages that when the sustain pedal is down and you hit a note again you get another copy of that note, and this is corrected.

Most of the others are to change things I didn't like about the Garritan Personal Orchestra and Jazz Big Band libraries. I DID like the low price and some of the instruments sound great, so I recommend Garritan with these scripts, which include:

--
VelocityToMod The first thing that bugged me was the instruments where velocity has no effect and volume is supposed to be controlled through the mod wheel. So there is a script that converts velocity to mod wheel commands.

Polyphonizer The second was strictly monophonic instruments. With the polyphonizer start up several copies of the instrument on successive channels and off you go.

Combine these two scripts and get polyphony with each note having its own volume.

---

I'm working on fixing up the Garritan legato as well.
Yes I would be interested sir,and thank u.

Guido
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote