COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 07-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
videobuff
Human being with feelings

Default Code for web player

I am currently running aprivate / public server at home and testing it beforfe going live. How do I embed a (flash) player for my channels so that i can see on my webage what is being played, in stead of via reaper or another client ?
videobuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
pljones
Human being with feelings

You'll need to attach another client to the server, purely to listen to what's happening. That will need to transcode the incoming NINJAM packets into the output format you want and send the resultant audio stream to another service that can stream to other clients.

You'll need to look at the NINJAM client source to see how the incoming NINJAM audio is encoded (I believe it uses OGG-compressed packets).

You'll need to find an appropriate internet streaming audio mechanism and implement that for clients to listen to.

You might want to contact the people who run ninjamer and ninbot to see if they can provide details on how they've implemented their solutions. Both have IceCast2 streaming and ninbot's website has a web-based player.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote