Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 05-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #1
sonictim
Human being with feelings

Default Video Window Follows Edits - more responsive please

I would really love it if the Video Window Follows Edits option was more responsive. Yes, it works, but it's very jumpy and slow to respond. It makes it very difficult to drag a piece of media around my timeline and see what frame of video it is lining up with in a smooth/quick/snappy manner.

I am using the VLC decoder. I've tried others, but VLC is the best..

I KNOW Reaper is capable of fast snappy video updates. If you map a key to "View: Move Edit Cursor to Mouse Cursor" and hold down that key and drag them mouse around, the Video updates are SUPER SNAPPY and FAST!!!! It works amazing...

Furthermore, if you make a custom action that calls that action, and also cuts your selected region and then pastes it at edit cursor... It is completely just like dragging a region around, only it updates the video SO FAST without any lag. Honestly, it's how I imagine "Video Window Follows Edit" should behave. The downside is it wreaks havoc on my undo list.

If there is something I can do to help speed up the Video follows edits, I would love to know about it, otherwise, please consider figuring out a way to make Video follows edits more snappy and responsive.

Thank you for your time and consideration
Old 05-18-2021, 08:03 PM   #2
tonalstates

+1 bump
tonalstates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:36 AM   #3
svijayrathinam

A big +1. Pls developers . I actually think this is a bug.. when you are able to use move mouse cursor to edit cursor and have video follow it super snappy .. I would expect dragging an item should behave the same way.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote