Old 04-30-2022, 12:53 PM   #1081
MonkeyBars
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
I'd certainly be interested in this.
Awesome! @Julian and I are looking into the great online design tool Figma to create a UI possibly. Meanwhile (SPOILER ALERT) he's creating a siiiick system to radically simplify and speed up Reaper theme design using it...
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:19 PM   #1082
justcosmic1

Default updating/merging menu sets

First of all a question: If you just edit menu sets yourself (without using ReaMenus) do you have the same problem with missing menu features in updates?

Which ever the case a function for merging menu sets with new features would be great.
In terms of how that is implimented; it would be nice if the merge function would create a separate heading called "New Features" or something like that (just "New"might be sufficient). So that it would draw the users attention to the new options. Maybe adding an open edit menu dialogue action underneath..? (although I am now thinking I want that on all my menus

OK well - just some thoughts... but would be really good to know if there's any difference concerning updates between using Reamenus or creating your own menu sets from scratch.
[EDIT]
I am now pretty sure that there's no difference - but would appreciate confirmation just the same: that would keep my OCD auti-brain happy

Last edited by justcosmic1; 01-19-2023 at 06:16 PM.
justcosmic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:26 PM   #1083
justcosmic1

Default Function in edit menu to filter by differences

I am wondering if we need to request a function in the edit menu dialogue that will filter the view to just show differences between right and left pane.. so we can easily see the differences between default and edited menus or even 2 different edited menus for example.
In the same way as you can with Notepad ++

Unless that already exists?
That might make it easy then after an update to make a script to identify changes and add them to menus as per my post above?

Last edited by justcosmic1; 01-19-2023 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:47 PM   #1084
justcosmic1

Default Add new Menu to Main menu bar

Sorry for all the questions...
Just wondering if there is a way to add menus to the main menu bar, as there seems to be a lot of unused space available there.

So far I can't see a way...but who knows
Old 01-14-2023, 08:24 AM   #1085
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcosmic1 View Post
Sorry for all the questions...
Just wondering if there is a way to add menus to the main menu bar, as there seems to be a lot of unused space available there.

So far I can't see a way...but who knows
No afaik.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 05:44 PM   #1086
justcosmic1

Default How do updates affect customized menus?

Just want to clarify this - do the updates render some of the ReaMenu links invalid or wrongly link them?
I ask this becuase it seems for example that the Project Preferences in ReaMenus actually opens the project Metadata - not the Project settings.
*** See my next post below - I think and hope this was just confusion due to using the same name for an item that used to be in that menu, but for a different function.

However I want to be sure because...

I have just started editing all my menus manually - but if every time there's an update it will actually BREAK compatibility - then we have a bigger problem than I first thought.
If it's only a case of additional menu items that need adding, that's fine - but if it breaks functionality then the whole menu customization is a waste of time...at least it would be without some kind of merge tool that can account for this.

Last edited by justcosmic1; 01-19-2023 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:48 PM   #1087
justcosmic1

Default Renaming suggestion to avoid confusion:

As you see above I got confused when I saw "Project settings" in the file menu!
Can I suggest it should be changed to "Project Metadata" as per the SWS script?

Also the Autorender Global Settings (which sounds like it's Reaper Global settings/Prefs) at the moment only seems to have the option to select path - so could just be named "Autorender Path" or "Global AR Path".
I also can't help wondering if this last item should be under the Path submenu aswell or instead.

Obviously I can easily make these small changes myself - but if it caught me out, chances are it will confuse someone else too.

Last edited by justcosmic1; 01-19-2023 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:01 PM   #1088
justcosmic1

Thank you to all those who have initiated and kept Reamenus going...It is much needed!
Old 01-19-2023, 06:11 PM   #1089
justcosmic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
No afaik.
Thanks for answering that one. I;ve put that in my "Major Menu Overhaul/Improvements" Feature request which can be found here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2635000