Old 01-22-2021, 06:53 AM   #1
Travesty
Human being with feelings

Default 2nd pass render in subprojects

The second pass render function is amazing.

I'd like it to be an option for subprojects too.

In game development, creating seamless loops is an every day task, and prior to 2nd pass render being added, if you were using delay based effects you would have to do things like duplicate the loop left and right, render then chop out the middle.
Now it's just a case of checking 2nd pass render.

If we had 2nd pass rendering in subprojects, you would be able to subproject a loop with all its effects, and end up with a non-destructive seamless loop, ready to be sent to the game.

The same applies in electronic music if you want to subproject a section or sound but have it loop seamlessly.
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:59 PM   #2
Rumario

+1000
Sub projects are unfortunately neglected in many places in Reaper, but they are one of the great strengths in Reaper
Old 02-25-2021, 01:59 AM   #3
Whelfen

+1
because that's the way how I'm working. Bouncing as subproject. Making sample loops as subproject, to fix tempo and notes after inserting in other projects.
Whelfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:42 AM   #4
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whelfen View Post
+1
because that's the way how I'm working. Bouncing as subproject. Making sample loops as subproject, to fix tempo and notes after inserting in other projects.
i don't use subprojects at all , but what do you mean by bouncing as subproject. How do i do that?
i am using Freeze to free CPU, maybe subprojects could work too ..

i guess you mean : "move tracks to subproject" when it is midi/audio or move items to subproject when audio.
its a bit complicated to make musical edits in the subproject syncronized with the project Your use is not for music production right?

Last edited by deeb; 02-25-2021 at 03:04 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:45 AM   #5
Whelfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
i guess you mean : "move tracks to subproject" when it is midi/audio or move items to subproject when audio.
its a bit complicated to make musical edits in the subproject syncronized with the project Your use is not for music production right?
I doublicate the track an "move tracks to subproject", if I'm satisfied yes. However, later on in the overall mix it becomes apparent that the sustain time has to be smaller, for example, and this can still be changed. And every dublicate will be changed.

I'm not sure exactly what you find complicated about it, but as in the other thrad I've the problem that it isn't played trough the track in the master project, yes.

I always want to correct and replace rendered loops and not whole tracks.
Whelfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:09 AM   #6
Kabraxis

Sub-project Render seems to follow many other options in "Render to File" windows but not 2nd pass render.

As a Game Audio-er, I also think this would be a meaningful addition to Sub-project Renders.
Kabraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 05:14 AM   #7
Travesty

I think this is worth a bump
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote