Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-06-2022, 02:10 PM   #1
druulian
Human being with feelings

Default Actions "Go to next/previous take marker in selected track/all tracks"

I make audiobooks and I see take markers as one of the greatest Reaper feature for that kind of work.
Currently available actions only allow to jump to the markers within selected item, which doesn't always work that well. A typical audiobook project may contain 1000's of items, so in order to go to the next marker, I often need to zoom out, locate it visually, then zoom in. If I could do this in a single keystroke, that would be fantastic. Shaving off a few seconds on a task, that is repeated hundreds of times, goes a long way.
I believe, people who make podcasts and long form voiceover will appreciate that too.

As a side note. When using Reaper default theme, take marker color doesn't look that great on an item, if the item is selected and there's silence (no dark audio waveform) under the marker. Bright yellow on light grey - not enough contrast, easy to overlook. To me it seems that a darker shade of orange would look better regardless of whether the item is selected or not, or whether there's sound or silence

druulian is offline   Reply With Quote