Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-16-2019, 05:41 AM   #1
Sedativ
Human being with feelings

Default Using Roland SPD-20 pad as a midi controller + kick and snare trigger

Hello,

I have a Roland SPD-20 pad that I want to use as a MIDI controller for Addictive Drums 2. I am using it with a MIDI to USB cable and the pads are working perfectly.

However, I also want to use an external Kick, Snare and Hi-Hat triggers. The pad has 4 trigger inputs and when I connect them and play them I can hear them through the headphones coming out from the pad itself, but the MIDI isn't triggered in Reaper when I hit them.

Do you please know any workaround for this?

Thank you!
Sedativ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:59 AM   #2
xpander
Human being with feelings

I have no experience with SPD-20, but afaik, none of the trigger inputs from the internal pads, external trigger inputs and hihat control send any MIDI output all by themselves. Instead, their trigger signals go into the trigger interface section, where they are converted into different (MIDI) messages which then go either into the internal sound engine or outside world (MIDI OUT).

The SPD-20 user manual should have something about setting up the external trigger inputs to send to MIDI OUT, if that is not set up by default?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote