Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 06-18-2020, 05:28 AM   #1241
Travesty
Human being with feelings

Hi,

Something happened after the last reaper update. I can't work out how to stop it.

When I press repeat on the push it adds JS:Midi_Arp to the input fx, presumably to do the arp / beat repeat. However, the plugin used to be invisible, but now pops up whenever it's instanced. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Cheers
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #1242
petergreeny

Hi Jurgen,

Two questions(I'm on OSX Mojave):

- is there an extant configuration option so that when editing a plugin parameter and pressing the rotary encoder button, instead of the parameter in question going all the way to minimum it would reset to default? For instance, on an EQ gain control that has a -20 to + 20 range, it would be great if pressing the encoder reset it to '0' instead of to -20 each time. Can't seem to figure out how to set that up at present with Moss...

- I'm getting Reaper freezes upon trying to close the program quite regularly, and I think it's Moss related, though it's not a major issue as I simply force quit. Wondering if you know anything about this and a way to solve it.

Other than the above this is working beautifully on my end with an SSL Nucleus... thanks again.
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:12 AM   #1243
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Hi,

Something happened after the last reaper update. I can't work out how to stop it.

When I press repeat on the push it adds JS:Midi_Arp to the input fx, presumably to do the arp / beat repeat. However, the plugin used to be invisible, but now pops up whenever it's instanced. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Cheers
It's a bug which I already fixed and will be in the next update, which sadly takes a bit since it will contain lots of new stuff.
moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:16 AM   #1244
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post
- is there an extant configuration option so that when editing a plugin parameter and pressing the rotary encoder button, instead of the parameter in question going all the way to minimum it would reset to default? For instance, on an EQ gain control that has a -20 to + 20 range, it would be great if pressing the encoder reset it to '0' instead of to -20 each time. Can't seem to figure out how to set that up at present with Moss...
Sadly, there is no information what is a meaningful default value for the parameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post
- I'm getting Reaper freezes upon trying to close the program quite regularly, and I think it's Moss related, though it's not a major issue as I simply force quit. Wondering if you know anything about this and a way to solve it.
No, I am not aware of such an issue. You are the first one reporting this.
Does it happen every time when you close Reaper? If yes, if it happens if you deactivate your controller. Maybe the driver is somehow blocked?!
Old 06-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #1245
Travesty

Ok, thanks Jurgen. In the meantime I fixed it by disabling "autofloat new fx windows"
Old 06-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #1246
petergreeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Sadly, there is no information what is a meaningful default value for the parameter.

No, I am not aware of such an issue. You are the first one reporting this.
Does it happen every time when you close Reaper? If yes, if it happens if you deactivate your controller. Maybe the driver is somehow blocked?!
Hi Moss, I think I discovered the cause of the Reaper-freeze-upon-close. I'm using an SSL Nucleus in MCU mode. In your driver config, one has to setup both a Main and an Extender unit, but for some reason there are two options: 'Mackie Extender' and just 'Extender.' I had originally chosen for the two banks of 8 'Main' and 'Mackie Extender' and the problem happened every time I closed the software. Changing the second bank of 8 to simply 'Extender' seems to have solved the problem. I did grab the Force Quit crash report from Apple if you'd like to see it at some point, but seems the problem is solved on this end. Thanks again!!
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:32 AM   #1247
moss

DrivenByMoss 10.0 is released!

Get it from http://www.mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • Fixed: MIDI Arp got unecessarily instantiated on project load even if Note Repeat was off
    • Fixed: Scrolling track bank by 1 was not implemented (e.g. MCU)
  • The manual has now a known issues section
  • New: Support for Akai Fire
  • New: Support for Native Instruments Maschine Mk3
  • Akai APC40 / APC40mkII
    • Fixed: User mode did not work
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • New: Show more on-screen notifications (Tap Tempo, Fixed Velocity, value change speed)
    • New: Stop + Pad Mode - Selects the previous base note of the scale.
    • New: Stop + Keyboard - Selects the next base note of the scale.
    • New: Stop + Chords - Selects the previous note layout.
    • New: Stop + Step - Selects the next note layout.
    • New: Stop + Plug-In - Toggle the window (if any) of the selected device (if any).
    • New: Sampling - Brings up the Slice to Drum Machine dialog.
    • New: Stop + Sampling - Bring up the Slice to Multi-sample dialog.
    • New: Auto - Toggle write arranger automation.
    • New: Stop + Auto - Toggle write clip launcher automation.
    • New: Lock - Toggle arranger overdub.
    • New: Stop + Lock - Toggle clip launcher overdub.
    • New: Stop + Projects - Save the project.
    • New: Tap - Tap Tempo
    • New: Stop + Tap - Toggle metronome
    • Fixed: FX and Master track were missing in Select, Solo and Mute modes
  • Push 2
    • New: Increased text size of list elements
  • SL MkIII
    • Fixed: Updated MIDI port lookup names on Macos

Here are tutorial videos for the newly supported devices (as usual features are the same for Reaper as with Bitwig, as far as possible):
https://youtu.be/Y1OhZq6EKmY
https://youtu.be/k5FV4J-lD50

Enjoy!
Old 06-21-2020, 09:29 AM   #1248
Sherazad

Hello Jurgen, thanks for the new features in this release!

Did you have any chance to look into the linux version issue I was talking about in the posts in the previous page? I installed the new version, but sadly the issues are still there.

Thanks a lot again
Sherazad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #1249
themixtape

You've truly outdone yourself, Jurgen! Awesome. Especially the Akai Fire! Whoa. I got one a while back... using with Ableton and the Crossfire script... but this is hella cool.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-21-2020, 12:54 PM   #1250
ToughBigman

Default Question

Quote:
DrivenByMoss 10.0 is released!

• All devices
    • Fixed: MIDI Arp got unecessarily instantiated on project load even if Note Repeat was off
    • Fixed: Scrolling track bank by 1 was not implemented (e.g. MCU)
  • The manual has now a known issues section
  • New: Support for Akai Fire
  • New: Support for Native Instruments Maschine Mk3
  • Akai APC40 / APC40mkII
    • Fixed: User mode did not work
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • New: Show more on-screen notifications (Tap Tempo, Fixed Velocity, value change speed)
    • New: Stop + Pad Mode - Selects the previous base note of the scale.
    • New: Stop + Keyboard - Selects the next base note of the scale.
    • New: Stop + Chords - Selects the previous note layout.
    • New: Stop + Step - Selects the next note layout.
    • New: Stop + Plug-In - Toggle the window (if any) of the selected device (if any).
    • New: Sampling - Brings up the Slice to Drum Machine dialog.
    • New: Stop + Sampling - Bring up the Slice to Multi-sample dialog.
    • New: Auto - Toggle write arranger automation.
    • New: Stop + Auto - Toggle write clip launcher automation.
    • New: Lock - Toggle arranger overdub.
    • New: Stop + Lock - Toggle clip launcher overdub.
    • New: Stop + Projects - Save the project.
    • New: Tap - Tap Tempo
    • New: Stop + Tap - Toggle metronome
    • Fixed: FX and Master track were missing in Select, Solo and Mute modes
  • Push 2
    • New: Increased text size of list elements
  • SL MkIII
    • Fixed: Updated MIDI port lookup names on Macos

Here are tutorial videos for the newly supported devices (as usual features are the same for Reaper as with Bitwig, as far as possible):
https://youtu.be/Y1OhZq6EKmY
https://youtu.be/k5FV4J-lD50

Enjoy!
I'm sorry if you answered this already. But does it work on Catalina? I can't bypass the security action that was in the instructions because I don't get the option to allow it. The security did ask to let the developer know. Am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks for all the work you've been putting into this!
ToughBigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:27 PM   #1251
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherazad View Post
Hello Jurgen, thanks for the new features in this release!

Did you have any chance to look into the linux version issue I was talking about in the posts in the previous page? I installed the new version, but sadly the issues are still there.

Thanks a lot again
Sorry, not yet but it is on my list.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:30 PM   #1252
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughBigman View Post
I'm sorry if you answered this already. But does it work on Catalina? I can't bypass the security action that was in the instructions because I don't get the option to allow it. The security did ask to let the developer know. Am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks for all the work you've been putting into this!
Isn't Macos great? :-) It should work that way until they changed something again, have you installed the Catalina Version of Reaper?
Old 06-22-2020, 12:44 AM   #1253
Sherazad

Quote:
Sorry, not yet but it is on my list.
Alright thanks a lot anyway!
Sherazad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:36 AM   #1254
baldo

Default Thanks and feature suggestion

Hi moss !

I am using driven by Moss with reaper and maschine mikro mk3 and it is awesome.
It doesn't completely behave as expected but it is way better than what NI did :-) (and well enough).

However, I have some questions/feature suggestions :

- "project button" opens tracks template explorer, but I can't select any track from the controller (with the wheel on maschine mikro), is it normal ?
- the star and magnifying glass does nothing ... is it normal ?
- "device not selected" message is hidding everything when no track is selected from the controler (and from controler only), which is hidding the display of reaper. It was not the case before your last version
- Group button does a great job by creating a new item and set looping region around it BUT it is not the case (the reaper looping region doesn't move) when selecting an already existing pattern/region, I would have expected this behavior
- finally, I would also have expected a new item (created with group button) to be appended at the the end of the last existing item of a given track, which is disturbingly not the case. I find this behavior strange as it tend to create items that overlap the already existing ones (and it is not convenient to put the reaper cursor at the end of the last pattern).

But in anycase, your software is awesome !
thanks a lot !
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #1255
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldo View Post
- "project button" opens tracks template explorer, but I can't select any track from the controller (with the wheel on maschine mikro), is it normal ?
Yes, that's normal. Sadly, there is no API access to the templates and trying to control proprietary dialogs on 3 OSs is not something I want to tackle with.

Quote:
- the star and magnifying glass does nothing ... is it normal ?
Yes, problem is that the browser cannot be controlled and I would need to write my own which is a lot of work (but on my list way down :-)). But should add that to the known issues list.

Quote:
- "device not selected" message is hidding everything when no track is selected from the controler (and from controler only), which is hidding the display of reaper. It was not the case before your last version
Can you please post a screenshot? Not fully sure what you mean.

Quote:
- Group button does a great job by creating a new item and set looping region around it BUT it is not the case (the reaper looping region doesn't move) when selecting an already existing pattern/region, I would have expected this behavior
Good idea, need to check if this can be done.

Quote:
- finally, I would also have expected a new item (created with group button) to be appended at the the end of the last existing item of a given track, which is disturbingly not the case. I find this behavior strange as it tend to create items that overlap the already existing ones (and it is not convenient to put the reaper cursor at the end of the last pattern).
I guess that depends on your use-case and I am sure at least 50% of users see it the other way :-)
Old 06-23-2020, 02:22 AM   #1256
baldo

Default answering

Quote:
Yes, that's normal. Sadly, there is no API access to the templates and trying to control proprietary dialogs on 3 OSs is not something I want to tackle with.

Yes, problem is that the browser cannot be controlled and I would need to write my own which is a lot of work (but on my list way down :-)). But should add that to the known issues list.
Well, Ok that issue is very small, I think it is not the most important

Quote:
Can you please post a screenshot? Not fully sure what you mean.
Yes of course, (a png is attached) This is really annoying, as it is always displayed even when the
controler is not used and is hidding valuable information in reaper :-D

Quote:
Good idea, need to check if this can be done.
You are welcome :-D

Quote:
I guess that depends on your use-case and I am sure at least 50% of users see it the other way :-)
[/QUOTE]

Yes But in this case it would be nice to be able to navigate very quickly other than with moving manually the maschine wheel : It kills a bit the nice workflow you developped for reaper, as you need to take some time to set the cursor before using the group button.
I have a suggestion : selecting the first empty pattern/scene slot on the maschine controler could trigger the reaper action "Item navigation: Move cursor to end of items" (without creating any items and still keeping the current behavior of creating an item at the position of the cursor.)
This way you could either :
1°) select a free slot to go at the end of the song and create an item with group button
or
2°) still have the current behavior : mmove the cursor with the maschine wheel and create an item with group button

In anycase, thanks a lot for everything !!!
I am not complaining your code is awesome !

PS : I am a programmer myself but I am quite impress by your code.
Attached Images
File Type: png drivenByMossIssue.png (42.2 KB, 183 views)
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:36 AM   #1257
Travesty

Hi Jurgen,

I have an issue which I think has developed recently with push 1.

When starting reaper, the controller initialises correctly, but is unresponsive.

To fix this, I have to enable and disable the device in the configuration window.
Then the device works correctly.

Interestingly I also have a ticket open with Softube regarding console 1, which does the same thing. To fix this device, I have to unplug and reconnect the usb cable.
I don't know if these issues are related.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:10 AM   #1258
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Hi Jurgen,

I have an issue which I think has developed recently with push 1.

When starting reaper, the controller initialises correctly, but is unresponsive.

To fix this, I have to enable and disable the device in the configuration window.
Then the device works correctly.

Interestingly I also have a ticket open with Softube regarding console 1, which does the same thing. To fix this device, I have to unplug and reconnect the usb cable.
I don't know if these issues are related.
Have you checked if this is not caused by a faulty USB hub or broken cable?
Old 06-23-2020, 07:34 PM   #1259
thepar

You may of answered this already but I have been getting a lot of GUI lag in kontakt with driven by moss enabled. Playback and performance is fine from the push 2 controller I just have access and manipulating the GUI once it is enabled. I love all the work you have done. It is truly amazing being able to use this in reaper. Thank you for your help. :-)

Last edited by thepar; 06-26-2020 at 06:03 PM.
thepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:49 PM   #1260
thepar

Hey I am still have the same issue with kontakt and driven by moss. Has anyone else experienced anything similar happen. I also tested with battery and it seems to work fine. Kontakt and Komplete control both have the GUI lag issue.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #1261
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepar View Post
Hey I am still have the same issue with kontakt and driven by moss. Has anyone else experienced anything similar happen. I also tested with battery and it seems to work fine. Kontakt and Komplete control both have the GUI lag issue.
I played a bit with Kontakt and Push 2 but cannot see any issue.
Can you maybe make a video to see more clearly what you are doing and what is happening?
Old 06-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #1262
TonyvF

Default drivenbymoss "could not load java dynamic library"

Hi all
First of all , I'm trying out reaper and loving it so far, but I have an issue with using push v1. To be more exact an error is thrown on the startup of Reaper by drivenbymoss "could not load java dynamic library". I have installed the latest version of drivenbymoss and unzipped it directly as instructed into the specificed folder maintaining folder structure.
This is a fresh install of 64bit Reaper (evaluation) on windows 10 64 bit. The Java path appears to be set to the path of the Moss plugin correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏
Thanks in advance.
TonyvF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #1263
thepar

Here is a short clip. There is a 1-2 second delay between a parameter adjustment and and the response from the GUI. There is no delay with driven by moss disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp7Umj91Oo
Old 06-28-2020, 03:59 AM   #1264
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyvF View Post
Hi all
First of all , I'm trying out reaper and loving it so far, but I have an issue with using push v1. To be more exact an error is thrown on the startup of Reaper by drivenbymoss "could not load java dynamic library". I have installed the latest version of drivenbymoss and unzipped it directly as instructed into the specificed folder maintaining folder structure.
This is a fresh install of 64bit Reaper (evaluation) on windows 10 64 bit. The Java path appears to be set to the path of the Moss plugin correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏
Thanks in advance.
If you get this error, something must be wrong with the directory structure or files. Can you post a picture of your folder with the content?
Old 06-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #1265
TonyvF

Quote:
If you get this error, something must be wrong with the directory structure or files. Can you post a picture of your folder with the content?
Thank you Moss I checked the folder structure many times still couldn't find it, so I downloaded the latest Java SDK extracted the appropriate folders and dropped them in place within the user plugins folder: success !!
Thank you for all your hard work. I've been playing with Reaper all day. Your work on push certainly makes life easier. At the moment I am still finding things painful, a bit like a pair of new shoes. I love the flexibility and customisability of Reaper. It's hard getting away from Abelton, but I think the lack of external instrument support sucks,the price is far too high as well. I'd much rather support Reaper.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #1266
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepar View Post
Here is a short clip. There is a 1-2 second delay between a parameter adjustment and and the response from the GUI. There is no delay with driven by moss disabled.
I can reproduce it but it seems not specific to Kontakt. I have currently no idea what I could do about it. Will put it on the TODO list.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #1267
moss

Quote:
Thank you Moss I checked the folder structure many times still couldn't find it, so I downloaded the latest Java SDK extracted the appropriate folders and dropped them in place within the user plugins folder: success !!
Thank you for all your hard work. I've been playing with Reaper all day. Your work on push certainly makes life easier. At the moment I am still finding things painful, a bit like a pair of new shoes. I love the flexibility and customisability of Reaper. It's hard getting away from Abelton, but I think the lack of external instrument support sucks,the price is far too high as well. I'd much rather support Reaper.
That's strange and should not be necessary. Yeah, Reaper is not an easy one and has a tough learning curve. If money is not the main reason to switch you could also have a look at Bitwig.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:01 PM   #1268
thepar

Let me know if you need any help testing. It does this with kontakt patches in komplete control as well. I have tired everything from purging samples in ram to adjusting buffer settings.

Quote:
I can reproduce it but it seems not specific to Kontakt. I have currently no idea what I could do about it. Will put it on the TODO list.

Last edited by thepar; 06-28-2020 at 05:05 PM.
thepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #1269
reinaldo

Default Fine Panning on Icon Platform M+

Hello Jurgen,

Just wanted to ask if there is a way to do fine panning adjustments on the Platform M+. The manual indicates holding "shift" for that purpose, unfortunately the Platform M+ doesn't have one.

Thank you!
reinaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #1270
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldo View Post
Hello Jurgen,

Just wanted to ask if there is a way to do fine panning adjustments on the Platform M+. The manual indicates holding "shift" for that purpose, unfortunately the Platform M+ doesn't have one.

Thank you!
Haven't tried but it should be possible to remap one of the keys as the Shift key with the icon tool.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:27 PM   #1271
reinaldo

Quote:
Haven't tried but it should be possible to remap one of the keys as the Shift key with the icon tool.
Oh, I see. I tried to remap the Mixer button as a Shift key, however when I put the Platform M+ into "User Mode" using the Icon Platform iMap tool, the controller is no longer recognized by DrivenByMoss in Reaper. I'm only able to get the controller to work in Makie Control Mode, even though it indicates the "User Mode" also uses the MCP protocol. Any ideas?
Old 07-04-2020, 11:35 PM   #1272
moss

Quote:
Oh, I see. I tried to remap the Mixer button as a Shift key, however when I put the Platform M+ into "User Mode" using the Icon Platform iMap tool, the controller is no longer recognized by DrivenByMoss in Reaper. I'm only able to get the controller to work in Makie Control Mode, even though it indicates the "User Mode" also uses the MCP protocol. Any ideas?
I do not have the device with me so cannot test.
When you say "it is not recognized" I guess you mean it is not working at all?
1) You did select user mode on the device?
2) Check if you have selected "MCP" in the user template and not HUI.
3) You clicked on "Send data"?
Old 07-05-2020, 03:15 AM   #1273
TonyvF

Default Workflow

Moss thanks again for the excellent work that's you have done. As a developer myself I know you must have spent many hours on this project, fantastic.
I've been using this for a week now with the aim of replacing Abelton live, id much rather support Reaper. There are a few things that I'm struggling with however. So first of all let me explain my typical work flow that I'm try to reproduce. I usually start with a 16step drum pattern. I then record my next clip , chords or bass and do that in a non fixed length clip. I do this because I'm jamming and I don't know how long the length will be. Live will play my drum pattern in a loop until I have finished my bass/chords. The loop length is then usually the longer of the two, usually the bass / chords. My question is how to achieve similar functionality in Reaper and Push.
Firstly it seems clips are always fixed length, so with a 4bar 16 step drum loop, the bass/chords get very quickly overdubbed re-recorded when jamming. Secondly it seems I have to manually create a region to create a scene. The behaviour I get a the moment is when I go to record /jam my bass , the new clip is offset from the drums on the time line, is this correct?
I suppose what I'm suggesting is
1. Can clips be made of non fixed length to allow jamming ?
2. Can scenes be created automatically?, I can send screen shots later if this helps.
Thanks again Moss
Old 07-05-2020, 04:04 AM   #1274
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherazad View Post
There you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih4cDZqDnFw

Le me know if it makes sense.
Also, sorry for the quality, I think it's good enough though (=
I finally found some time to look into this, sorry for the delay.
I tested with latest Reaper 6.12c.
I cannot reproduce the issue with the wrong clip position/length. So maybe this is fixed.
I can reproduce the issue with the FX height but I am afraid I have no idea what could cause that. Strange is also that toggling to show/hide track FX seems not to change anything. Looks to me like a strange Reaper bug which somehow gets triggered by DBM.
Tried also on Windows where it worked fine.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:10 AM   #1275
moss

Quote:
Moss thanks again for the excellent work that's you have done. As a developer myself I know you must have spent many hours on this project, fantastic.
I've been using this for a week now with the aim of replacing Abelton live, id much rather support Reaper. There are a few things that I'm struggling with however. So first of all let me explain my typical work flow that I'm try to reproduce. I usually start with a 16step drum pattern. I then record my next clip , chords or bass and do that in a non fixed length clip. I do this because I'm jamming and I don't know how long the length will be. Live will play my drum pattern in a loop until I have finished my bass/chords. The loop length is then usually the longer of the two, usually the bass / chords. My question is how to achieve similar functionality in Reaper and Push.
Firstly it seems clips are always fixed length, so with a 4bar 16 step drum loop, the bass/chords get very quickly overdubbed re-recorded when jamming. Secondly it seems I have to manually create a region to create a scene. The behaviour I get a the moment is when I go to record /jam my bass , the new clip is offset from the drums on the time line, is this correct?
I suppose what I'm suggesting is
1. Can clips be made of non fixed length to allow jamming ?
2. Can scenes be created automatically?, I can send screen shots later if this helps.
Thanks again Moss
All your observations are correct. Don't forget that these are just workarounds trying to imitate clips and scenes. Playing back a drum clip and recording a bass track of any length is simply not possible. However you can duplicate your drum track several times to work around that.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:23 AM   #1276
TonyvF

Quote:
All your observations are correct. Don't forget that these are just workarounds trying to imitate clips and scenes. Playing back a drum clip and recording a bass track of any length is simply not possible. However you can duplicate your drum track several times to work around that.
Thanks Moss, I thought not ,but worth asking
Old 07-05-2020, 10:18 AM   #1277
moss

DrivenByMoss 10.1 is online!

• All devices
    • Fixed: Replaced a special#character (e.g. from Diatonic Transposer) with the normal ASCII #.
    • Fixed: Prevent to display identical on-screen messages
  • APCmini
    • Fixed: Scene buttons were not lit
    • Fixed: Drum sequencer crashed
  • Komplete Kontrol MKI
    • Fixed: Several crashes when activating Scale due to not configured colors
    • Fixed: Light guide did not work correctly when keyboard was transposed
  • MCU
    • New: *use faders as knobs* and *Marker mode* functions display their state on the screen if toggled.
    • Fixed: Do not select tracks on fader touch if *use faders as knobs* is active.
  • Maschine Mk3
    • New:Channel- Insert a new instrument channel (was File)
    • New:Stop + Channel- Insert a new audio channel
    • New:File- Saves the project (was Stop + File)
    • New:Page left / rightmoves to the previous/next clip on the selected track (moved the scene page before)
    • New:Stop + Page left / rightmoves to the previous/next clip page
    • New:Stop + Volume- Toggles VU meter display
    • New: Scale and Note Repeat settings are displayed and can be edited with knobs
  • Mikro Mk3
    • New: In track and parameter selection modes the selected tracks/parameters blink.
  • Maschine Mk3 / Mikro Mk3
    • New: Play mode is now accessed by pressing *Keyboard*. Press again for play configuration mode.
    • New: Drum mode is now accessed by pressing *Pad Mode*. Press again for drum configuration mode.
    • New: Activating Step provides a step sequencer for the currently selected *drum machine cell
    • or the last played note if *Keyboard* is active. Follow button provides grid resolution setting and page selection.
    • New: Chord button enables chords in play mode. Note of pad adds 2 thirds on top.
    • New:Stop + Rec- Start recording a clip in the currently selected (empty) slot
    • New: *Sequential up* is now the default play layout
    • New:Erase- Does no longer trigger Undo. UseStop + Pad 1instead.
    • New: To change bank pages turn the encoder and keep the related button pressed (scenes - *Scene*, clips - *Pattern*, tracks - *Select, Solo or Mute*))
    • New: In the parameter selection (*Variation* button) use the top row pads to switch devices and parameter pages. The parameter pads are now colored in the Bitwig parameter colors
    • New:Stop + Pad 1 (Undo)- Undo
    • New:Stop + Pad 2 (Redo)- Redo
    • New:Stop + Pad 5 (Quantize)- Quantizes the selected MIDI 100%
    • New:Stop + Pad 6 (QUANTIZE 50%)- Quantizes the selected MIDI 50%
    • New:Stop + Pad 9 (CLEAR)- Deletes all MIDI notes from the selected MIDI clip
    • New:Stop + Pad 13 (SEMITONE -)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip a semitone down
    • New:Stop + Pad 14 (SEMITONE +)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip a semitone up
    • New:Stop + Pad 15 (OCTAVE -)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip an octave down
    • New:Stop + Pad 16 (OCTAVE +)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip an octave up
    • New: KeepFixed Velpressed and turn the encoder to change the fixed accent value
    • New: Pressing Stop flushes the whole state (display / buttons) to the device. This helps when you switch to MIDI mode and the DAW state changed meanwhile, since there is no way to get the information that the user switches to MIDI mode.
    • New:Auto- Toggle write arranger automation.
    • New:Shift + Auto- Toggle write clip launcher automation.
    • New:Lock- Toggle arranger overdub.
    • New:Shift + Lock- Toggle clip launcher overdub.
    • Fixed: *Sequential ^* and *Sequential >* scale layout were using 8 not 4 pads
    • Fixed: Auto and Lock buttons did not respect the setting "Flip arranger and clip record / automation"

Enjoy!
Old 07-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #1278
reinaldo

Quote:
I do not have the device with me so cannot test.
When you say "it is not recognized" I guess you mean it is not working at all?
1) You did select user mode on the device?
2) Check if you have selected "MCP" in the user template and not HUI.
3) You clicked on "Send data"?
Correct. I did the following:

1. Opened the Platform M+ iMap tool and connected the Platform M+
2. Selected "User Define" mode from the Control Mode dropdown and MCP as the Protocol
3. Pressed the "Send Data" button, and confirmed the mapping was sent.
4. Opened Reaper and opened DrivenByMoss.
5. The DrivenByMoss output area says "Mackie MCU - Control Universal: Running."

However, the Platform M+ doesn't respond and none of the buttons work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Last edited by reinaldo; 07-05-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:57 AM   #1279
moss

Quote:
Correct. I did the following:

1. Opened the Platform M+ iMap tool and connected the Platform M+
2. Selected "User Define" mode from the Control Mode dropdown and MCP as the Protocol
3. Pressed the "Send Data" button, and confirmed the mapping was sent.
4. Opened Reaper and opened DrivenByMoss.
5. The DrivenByMoss output area says "Mackie MCU - Control Universal: Running."

However, the Platform M+ doesn't respond and none of the buttons work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
Did you shut down iMap before starting Reaper? Could be that the midi ports were simply blocked.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:28 AM   #1280
reinaldo

Quote:
Did you shut down iMap before starting Reaper? Could be that the midi ports were simply blocked.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, tried that as well, but no luck.