Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #7321
timothys_monster
Human being with feelings

Default Icon Platform Nano v2

I was working a little bit on the current IconNano template. Got a few things fixed and a few more to do on the list where I might need a little help.

DONE
  • fader and display work now
  • pan encoder changed to EncoderPlain (less sensitive now)
  • push pan encoder resets pan to center
  • added repeat toggle
  • jogwheel clockwise for scrolling right

TO-DO
  • sends levels on 8 potis
  • time unit display modes (CycleTimeDisplayModes does nothing)
  • cycling through tracks wihtout having to change bank
  • scrub
Attached Files
File Type: txt IconNanoV2_zon.txt (3.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: txt IconNanoV2_mst.txt (9.9 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by timothys_monster; 03-06-2020 at 03:32 PM.
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:13 PM   #7322
Funkybot

timothys_monster, does "Zoom+Up" work? I thought I unsuccessfully tried using that combination with my Behringer X-Touch One and that didn't work. Instead I had to assign Zoom as a Shift modifier, and then use Shift+Up as a workaround.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #7323
timothys_monster

Yep, both zoom directions work: horizontally and vertically. I don't know how they did it exactly but it works together with the 4 widgets up, down, left, right. Hope that helps!
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #7324
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc View Post
In the meanwhile Geoff I have a quick question regarding metering feedback in-between Console1 (in, out, shape, compression) and Reaper meters (or say a compression plugin mapped to C1 in terms of reading the gain reduction)....is there anything specific that needs to be written in the .zon to implement different behaviours or readings ? I ask cause of course in the UI for any plugin I have came across so far there is no parameter for that I can map the meters to.

For example do you think it would be possible to map the input meters in C1 to read Reaper pre-fader metering while the output meter in C1 reads post-fader ?

I apologies if these are silly questions (or questions that have been asked before).I remember you mentioning (many pages ago) that the Shape meter for some reasons is not responsive hence but I don't remember reading about the other meters and possible behaviours and uses.

Also, out of curiosity and if it is a simple answer (I don't want to waste your time), how did you find out the Midi messages the meters emit or receive ? still MIDI OX ?
thank you
Meters are on the to-do list

Usually the only 2 ways I know of to get the values are:
Published spec -- lots of good info out there
Someone with a unit a LOT of trial and error time available
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #7325
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
This is not quite what I'm after I'm afraid. I want to map 3 different physical controllers on my C1 to 3 different sends. The code you provided is meant for controllers with individual physical strips for several channels at once I think.

I want to have something like:

Sends|
Selected Track Navigator

ControlA TrackSendVolume1
COntrolB TrackSendVolume2
ControlC TrackSendVOlume3

I've tried it this way, but I can't seem to get it to work. Is the command for Adjusting eg. send 3 really "TrackSendVolume3" or is it something else, perhaps Track3SendVolume or TrackSendVolume [3] or something?
I'm just adding code for EuCon that will do this -- so in next build:

Code:
Sends|
Selected Track Navigator

ControlA  TrackSendVolume 0
ControlB  TrackSendVolume 1
ControlC  TrackSendVolume 2
Old 03-06-2020, 04:55 PM   #7326
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I'm just adding code for EuCon...in next build:
The words "Eucon" and "in the next build" are very welcome over here. I'm definitely looking forward to fully integrating my Artist Mix into CSI!
Old 03-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #7327
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

EuCon support for Sends (up to 12 max per channel).

You will need BOTH downloads plus the new EuCon.zon file from the CSI folder in the CSI download.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #7328
Funkybot

Hi Geoff,

Installed both sets of .dll's, updated the zones and surfaces folder in CSI, and now EUControl crashes immediately upon trying to setup a Eucon surface.

I'm adding the Eucon surface first in Reaper's Preferences, then going into CSI and then adding the Eucon surface there. Selecting 48 channels as the count, and checking both Pan boxes.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:06 AM   #7329
ramses

Quote:
New build is up.

EuCon support for Sends (up to 12 max per channel).

You will need BOTH downloads plus the new EuCon.zon file from the CSI folder in the CSI download.
Thanks a bunch, Geoff, it works now!
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:58 AM   #7330
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Save each version of the plugins individually as an FX chain (setting a different name for each in the FX chain window (F2 to set name))

Use the FX chain name instead of the plugin name in the FX.zon.

When you want to load the plugin, load the appropriate FX chain rather than the plugin itself.

I have this for the Relab LX480 verb, three FX chain versions:- Reverb, Ambience and Delays, all with different maps.
Yeah, that won't happen. It adds a layer of complexity that is beyond what I'm willing to deal with, which is why I only map a few plugins in Reaper.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:12 AM   #7331
airon

Geoff , can a control surface plugin increase its capture rate beyond 30 Hz ?

I'm getting all this wonky data from my Faderport 16 unit(could be the unit's screwed), but Studio One seems to extrapolate a slightly more usable volume curve from it. CSI and the Reaper-MCU control surface plugins generate pretty much the same data.

Reaper 6

Studio One 4

and here's the more wonky result from Ableton Live 10
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:28 AM   #7332
ramses

Default Jesusonics

Has anything been stated about the mapping of JS plugins? It seems to me like JS plugins do not map parameters as numbers 0-1, but instead expect the exact parameter.

So, instead of expecting an input of, for example, compression attack parameter 0-1, they want the actual time in ms instead, so more like 0-500. Perhaps a simple multiplier option would work for JS plugins for now.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:45 AM   #7333
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Hi Geoff,

Installed both sets of .dll's, updated the zones and surfaces folder in CSI, and now EUControl crashes immediately upon trying to setup a Eucon surface.

I'm adding the Eucon surface first in Reaper's Preferences, then going into CSI and then adding the Eucon surface there. Selecting 48 channels as the count, and checking both Pan boxes.
Wrong way around -- Add Eucon in CSI first, then add Eucon in Reaper prefs.

[edit] The wiki Installation Page -- EuCon instructions could use some work, if you have time, this is right up your alley

Also, if you are editing this Page, could I ask that you also change the Learn Mode references to Edit Mode -- thanks

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 03-07-2020 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:47 AM   #7334
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Geoff , can a control surface plugin increase its capture rate beyond 30 Hz ?

I'm getting all this wonky data from my Faderport 16 unit(could be the unit's screwed), but Studio One seems to extrapolate a slightly more usable volume curve from it. CSI and the Reaper-MCU control surface plugins generate pretty much the same data.
I seem to recall finding that Refresh rate in Reaper prefs made no difference, will have to check more thoroughly.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:50 AM   #7335
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Has anything been stated about the mapping of JS plugins? It seems to me like JS plugins do not map parameters as numbers 0-1, but instead expect the exact parameter.

So, instead of expecting an input of, for example, compression attack parameter 0-1, they want the actual time in ms instead, so more like 0-500. Perhaps a simple multiplier option would work for JS plugins for now.
As you can imagine, this is a much larger task than support for VSTs which are standardized to the range 0.0-1.0.

I honestly don't know how this will fall on the priorities list, but it will be lower than EditMode, EuCon, metering, etc.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:29 AM   #7336
floc

Quote:
Meters are on the to-do list

Usually the only 2 ways I know of to get the values are:
Published spec -- lots of good info out there
Someone with a unit a LOT of trial and error time available
Thanks Geoff, I am experimenting on the meters but no much success so far beside what has already been achieved. As mentioned before I am a musician and not really a programmer. All I have understood about programming so far is from you guys (reading this forum) or googling things I did not understand.

When you say published specs can you please point me in more specific direction ? Do I have to open plugins dlls (or similar files) and look into it ? is that what you mean ?

I can indeed help with the second way (unit and trial).

In the meanwhile I can give a tiny contribution to the project as I have completed the .mst file for console1 (compared to the one in the Beta Folder).
I added widgets for all the track select buttons, track group, track copy using anypress as it is appropriate for on/off commands.
I am attaching it here so the community can use it if they want as template to build their .zon from. If you want to use it to replace the console1.mst in the Beta Folder you are more than welcome.

In Console1, as you know some buttons have a scrolling function which at this stage, I believe can not be applied yet. (I am talking about "shelf, bell, cut" for example).
Beside Press and AnyPress we don't have something yet that allows some sort of scrolling via button...am I correct ?

ok..that's it for now. If you can point me more precisely into what I should look at for "published specs" I'll look into it. In the meanwhile I'll experiment with what I got so far
Attached Files
File Type: txt Console1_mst.txt (5.1 KB, 142 views)
floc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 06:36 AM   #7337
floc

Ah...before I forget.
in my console1.mst I allowed myself to change (compared to the Beta Folder version) the name for DisplayFX widget and Mode Widget into DisplayOn and DisplayMode respectively just to go closer to what is scribbled on the unit itself. I kept forgetting which one was which so I changed it.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:13 AM   #7338
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Yeah, that won't happen. It adds a layer of complexity that is beyond what I'm willing to deal with, which is why I only map a few plugins in Reaper.
If you don't fancy that, why not create a single plugin map containing two Zones. One Zone for the first instance, one for the second and GoZone between them as needed.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:00 AM   #7339
cjewellstudios

Quote:
As you can imagine, this is a much larger task than support for VSTs which are standardized to the range 0.0-1.0.

I honestly don't know how this will fall on the priorities list, but it will be lower than EditMode, EuCon, metering, etc.
I use quite a bit JS plugins. I'm glad I saw this before I tried sitting down and mapping my stuff.

This is another use case for the globalfxnavigator imo.

Using that and mapping the smartknobs script plugin would fill most of the holes in the fx mapping department. Faderbox is technically a js plugin but I do believe all the sliders go from 0 to 1 so that will probably just work as is.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:25 AM   #7340
ramses

Quote:
Thanks Geoff, I am experimenting on the meters but no much success so far beside what has already been achieved. As mentioned before I am a musician and not really a programmer. All I have understood about programming so far is from you guys (reading this forum) or googling things I did not understand.

When you say published specs can you please point me in more specific direction ? Do I have to open plugins dlls (or similar files) and look into it ? is that what you mean ?

I can indeed help with the second way (unit and trial).

In the meanwhile I can give a tiny contribution to the project as I have completed the .mst file for console1 (compared to the one in the Beta Folder).
I added widgets for all the track select buttons, track group, track copy using anypress as it is appropriate for on/off commands.
I am attaching it here so the community can use it if they want as template to build their .zon from. If you want to use it to replace the console1.mst in the Beta Folder you are more than welcome.

In Console1, as you know some buttons have a scrolling function which at this stage, I believe can not be applied yet. (I am talking about "shelf, bell, cut" for example).
Beside Press and AnyPress we don't have something yet that allows some sort of scrolling via button...am I correct ?

ok..that's it for now. If you can point me more precisely into what I should look at for "published specs" I'll look into it. In the meanwhile I'll experiment with what I got so far
Great work! It's still not complete however, I believe, the Gate/GateRelease/Sustain/Punch 7bitFaders are missing for example. I have them mapped, let me share them with you:

Code:
Widget Gate
	Fader7Bit b0 36 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 36 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget GateRelease
	Fader7Bit b0 38 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 38 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Sustain
	Fader7Bit b0 37 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 37 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Punch
	Fader7Bit b0 39 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 39 7f
WidgetEnd
Old 03-07-2020, 08:28 AM   #7341
ramses

Quote:
Depends on what you mean. I don't think the leds work yet, but functionally buttons can be made to toggle between 3 or more states. This is my mapping for the Crave EQ FX zone for example.

Code:
Toggle+LoCurve 			FXParam "3" [ 0.0 0.2 0.3 ]
Toggle+HiCurve 			FXParam "30" [ 0.0 0.4 0.5 ]
This works as expected.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:37 AM   #7342
TVbene

Hm, fealing really stupid here, I can't get CSI to show up in the dropdown when adding a control surface in the preferences.

I'm on Windows 10, I put the CSI folder into the resource folder that I opened with the action, like it's explained in the wiki. Newest build and Reaper 6.05.

Code:
User\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI

01.03.2020  00:30               705 CSI.ini
07.03.2020  15:23    <DIR>          Surfaces
07.03.2020  15:23    <DIR>          Touch OSC Layouts
07.03.2020  15:23    <DIR>          Zones
And the 64 bit dll in UserPlugins

Code:
User\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins

07.03.2020  01:00           572.928 reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll
TVbene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #7343
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbene View Post
Hm, fealing really stupid here, I can't get CSI to show up in the dropdown when adding a control surface in the preferences.

I'm on Windows 10, I put the CSI folder into the resource folder that I opened with the action, like it's explained in the wiki. Newest build and Reaper 6.05.

Code:
User\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\CSI

01.03.2020  00:30               705 CSI.ini
07.03.2020  15:23    <DIR>          Surfaces
07.03.2020  15:23    <DIR>          Touch OSC Layouts
07.03.2020  15:23    <DIR>          Zones
And the 64 bit dll in UserPlugins

Code:
User\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins

07.03.2020  01:00           572.928 reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll
That usually means the you need the Visual C++ Runtime (here's the 64-bit link): https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/VC_redist.x64.exe

Install that then restart Windows and try again.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:59 AM   #7344
TVbene

Quote:
That usually means the you need the Visual C++ Runtime (here's the 64-bit link): https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/VC_redist.x64.exe

Install that then restart Windows and try again.
Thanks, that was it! I read the wiki like this was only needed when Reaper does not start up...
Old 03-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #7345
Funkybot

Quote:
Wrong way around -- Add Eucon in CSI first, then add Eucon in Reaper prefs.
Ok...so I got further this time. Deleted my CSI.ini, launched Reaper, removed Eucon, removed CSI, then restarted to start completely fresh.

Next I...

1. Started with a blank project
2. Opened the Preferences, added CSI
3. Added the Eucon device
4. Added Eucon in Repaer's preferences
5. Inserted a track in Reaper

Result: fader still didn't initialize at 0db (but we know about that), otherwise working well. Then...

6. Opened an existing project

Result: immediate EUControl crash. Not sure if it crashed while trying to close out the existing project, or opening the new one. I've attached the Crash Log if it helps.

Quote:
[edit] The wiki Installation Page -- EuCon instructions could use some work, if you have time, this is right up your alley

Also, if you are editing this Page, could I ask that you also change the Learn Mode references to Edit Mode -- thanks
Will get on it today!

Last edited by Funkybot; 06-19-2021 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:55 AM   #7346
floc

Quote:
Great work! It's still not complete however, I believe, the Gate/GateRelease/Sustain/Punch 7bitFaders are missing for example. I have them mapped, let me share them with you:

Code:
Widget Gate
	Fader7Bit b0 36 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 36 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget GateRelease
	Fader7Bit b0 38 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 38 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Sustain
	Fader7Bit b0 37 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 37 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Punch
	Fader7Bit b0 39 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 39 7f
WidgetEnd
Ramses, You are absolutely right and thank you for spotting it and the mapping add-ons.
I added the missing Widgets to Console1.mst file and now it should be complete. Find it attached. Regarding the scrolling I see what you mean in terms of implementing it within a .zon file

What I was wondering instead was if there was a way to implement a widget in the .mst presenting multiple stages so the scrolling is at widget level rather than in the zone (hence the leds would go with it).
Say...you click ones on a button and you get b0 5d 3f, you click a second time you get b0 5d 7f and the third time is the off state b0 5d 00...I hope I am making sense. Right now AnyPress allows some sort of on/off stage (if you see it from a Console1 perspective) so it would be great to have something that goes 0n1/0n2/off.

I am learning from my mistakes so I added a date to the Console1.mst attached ...so if there are any new revisions in the future we know which one is the most up to date. This one should be complete at this level of development.

I know you all know this stuff so I am only saying it if someone is really new to the project (as I have been not long ago) and decides to use the .mst I am attaching to experiment with zones for console1.......don't forget to rename the file to Console1.mst (in other words delete DATE .txt and replace _ with . )
Attached Files
File Type: txt Console1_20200307mst.txt (5.4 KB, 161 views)
Old 03-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #7347
Funkybot

Hi Geoff, can you help with this long-standing issue? I think this is a bug, but haven't seen any confirmation if so.

If I setup my X-Touch One as a one fader surface using SelectedTrackNavigator, GoZone's do nothing. I can't GoZone between Pan and PanWidth, and I can't GoZone FocusedFXParam.

Example 1: GoZone FocusedFXParam does not work. Note: this is the entire .zon file I'm using for testing/narrowing this down.
Code:
Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"SelectedChannel|"	
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

Zoom				Shift	

F1 				TrackAutoMode 1 	//Read
	F2 				TrackAutoMode 3 	//Write
	F3 				TrackAutoMode 0 	//Trim
	F4 				TrackAutoMode 2 	//touch
	F5				TrackAutoMode 4 	//Latch
	F6				Reaper 40364 		//toggle click

Shift+F1			GoZone Home
	Shift+F2			GoZone FocusedFXParam

DisplayUpper1 	 		TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower1 			TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayLower1 	TrackVolumeDisplay

Fader1  			TrackVolume
	FaderTouch1  			TrackTouch
	VUMeter1			TrackOutputMeter
	Rotary1				TrackPan "0"
ZoneEnd
Example 2: RotaryPush does not work to GoZone between Pan and PanWidth.
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelectedChannel|"	
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

Zoom				Shift	

Shift+F1			GoZone Home

Fader1  			TrackVolume
	Rotary1				TrackPan "0"
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Rotary1 	TrackPan "0"
	DisplayLower1	TrackPanDisplay
	RotaryPush1 	GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Rotary1 	TrackPanWidth "1"
	DisplayLower1	TrackPanWidthDisplay
	RotaryPush1 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
But, if I use the more traditional TrackNavigator in a typical MCU setup, GoZone works perfectly fine.

Is this a bug? I've ultimately landed that on a one-fader surface, SelectedTrackNavigator with working GoZones would be the best option for me. I just can't make them work and I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design!
Old 03-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #7348
TVbene

Contrary to the wiki there are no default surfaces visible when I open the control surface settings. When I add my own MIDI surface it appears shortly but when I close and open the control surface settings again it's not there anymore. It is written to the CSI.ini, though:

Code:
Page "HomePage" FollowMCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring { 39 255 45 }
MidiSurface "Console1" 7 6 "Console1.mst" "Console1" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends AutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu NoAutoMapFocusedFX 
[...]
MidiSurface "LaunchPadMini" 3 0 "LaunchPadMini.mst" "LaunchPadMini" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends AutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu NoAutoMapFocusedFX
my mst file looks like this:

Code:
Widget ButtonA1
Press b0 68 7f
WidgetEnd

[...]

Widget ButtonB1
Press 90 00 7f
WidgetEnd

[...]
These are my two zon files

LaunchPadMini.zon

Code:
Zone Home
ZoneEnd
and Playtime.zon

Code:
Zone "VSTi: Playtime (Helgoboss)" Playtime
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    ButtonA1 	Shift
    Toggle+ButtonB1 FXParam 111 [ 1.0 ]
ZoneEnd
Should this work?
Old 03-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #7349
ramses

Quote:
What I was wondering instead was if there was a way to implement a widget in the .mst presenting multiple stages so the scrolling is at widget level rather than in the zone (hence the leds would go with it).
Ah, ok I see what you mean. Since we're still in BETA, I would suggest that messing around with LED states might be best to do within the various *.zon-files, as opposed to in the *.mst.

I think that the *.mst is better off as a kind of set-and-forget thing, since all users owning the same device will use the same *.mst, while zones might look vastly different adapted to different workflows, plugins, whatever. The community can just map the *.mst once properly and it's all done.

I'm not sure what the trajectory of the BETA is, but I do believe this is conceptually correct.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #7350
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

If you can point me more precisely into what I should look at for "published specs" I'll look into it. In the meanwhile I'll experiment with what I got so far
If you had an MCU, you could just google things like "MCU midi spec".

With some searching you can often find the meter messages.

Quote:
That's right we need a MultiPress -- I'll put it on the list.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:18 PM   #7351
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ah...before I forget.
in my console1.mst I allowed myself to change (compared to the Beta Folder version) the name for DisplayFX widget and Mode Widget into DisplayOn and DisplayMode respectively just to go closer to what is scribbled on the unit itself. I kept forgetting which one was which so I changed it.
Thanks, that needed correcting
Old 03-07-2020, 03:19 PM   #7352
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Depends on what you mean. I don't think the leds work yet, but functionally buttons can be made to toggle between 3 or more states. This is my mapping for the Crave EQ FX zone for example.

Code:
Toggle+LoCurve 			FXParam "3" [ 0.0 0.2 0.3 ]
Toggle+HiCurve 			FXParam "30" [ 0.0 0.4 0.5 ]
This works as expected.
Not sure you need Toggle, could you please leave it out and see what happens ?
Old 03-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #7353
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I added the missing Widgets to Console1.mst file and now it should be complete.
Thanks !!

Will include it in the next build,ld
Old 03-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #7354
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff, can you help with this long-standing issue? I think this is a bug, but haven't seen any confirmation if so.

If I setup my X-Touch One as a one fader surface using SelectedTrackNavigator, GoZone's do nothing. I can't GoZone between Pan and PanWidth, and I can't GoZone FocusedFXParam.

Example 1: GoZone FocusedFXParam does not work. Note: this is the entire .zon file I'm using for testing/narrowing this down.
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelectedChannel|"	
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

Zoom				Shift	

Shift+F1			GoZone Home

Fader1  			TrackVolume
	Rotary1				TrackPan "0"
ZoneEnd
Example 2: RotaryPush does not work to GoZone between Pan and PanWidth.
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelectedChannel|"	
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

Zoom				Shift	

Shift+F1			GoZone Home

Fader1  			TrackVolume
	Rotary1				TrackPan "0"
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Rotary1 	TrackPan "0"
	DisplayLower1	TrackPanDisplay
	RotaryPush1 	GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Rotary1 	TrackPanWidth "1"
	DisplayLower1	TrackPanWidthDisplay
	RotaryPush1 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
But, if I use the more traditional TrackNavigator in a typical MCU setup, GoZone works perfectly fine.

Is this a bug? I've ultimately landed that on a one-fader surface, SelectedTrackNavigator with working GoZones would be the best option for me. I just can't make them work and I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design!
Is there a Zone named "FocusedFXParam" ?

I don't see one.

Any Zone that ends with "|" is a template Zone and will only be instantiated as an included Zone.

Therefore, "Pan|" and "PanWidth|" will never be instantiated.

Notice in bold how there is a mixing of "|" versus "1".

Except for "Channel|" change every "|" to "1".

That should get you sorted.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:36 PM   #7355
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ah, ok I see what you mean. Since we're still in BETA, I would suggest that messing around with LED states might be best to do within the various *.zon-files, as opposed to in the *.mst.

I think that the *.mst is better off as a kind of set-and-forget thing, since all users owning the same device will use the same *.mst, while zones might look vastly different adapted to different workflows, plugins, whatever. The community can just map the *.mst once properly and it's all done.

I'm not sure what the trajectory of the BETA is, but I do believe this is conceptually correct.
Yes, it is best in general to leave the .mst/.ost files alone, and make all changes in the .zon files.

You can modify .mst/.ost files if you REALLY need to, but you can usually achieve a better result using the .zon file approach.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #7356
Funkybot

Quote:
That should get you sorted.
It did. It was the template zone versus standalone zone thing again. That's tripped me up a few times. I think I'm getting it now and got my zones sorted. Thanks as always.

Haven't forgot about updating the installation instructions page BTW, just have to run unexpectedly so it'll probably get done tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #7357
Sofia

Default Buttons

Hello,
I'd like to implement some changes in button behaviours but it clearly couldn't be done in .mst or .zon files, so I request to CSI's creators.

To date we have two kind of behaviours:

1- Normal button (I'd prefer the LED is not always ON, but enlightened only when the finger is pushing it)

2- Toggle button

The behaviour of these two buttons is related to Reaper actions.

I'd like to have:

Cycle button works on cycle actions, so if i press 3 or more times a button it performs 3 or more actions one after the other.

Long Press Button when pressed for 1sec it performs a different action (like open the metronome menu on metronome button)

Modifier button A Toggle button that changes the behaviour of a list of buttons. Like ctrl, shift... but it is a Toggle and it affect only a specific list of buttons.
Example:
Press Zoom: LED turns ON, and the arrows work on zoom.
Press Zoom again: LED turns OFF, and the arrows work on navigation.

I also suggest a Switch button that works on a section of buttons and behave exactly as the automation section: when i press a button, that one is ON, while the other buttons are OFF.

I hope not to be annoying.
Thank you in advance,
Sofia

Last edited by Sofia; 03-07-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 05:58 PM   #7358
Cragster

Hi all. I wanted to ask if i should include the tracktouch and fadertouch in my plugin zone files for parameters im using faders for ? i wasnt including that up till now and im mapping one now and wanted to ask if this is correct or if i even need to include that ?? Thanks all

heres what i got .it seems to be working but wanted to be sure or if i even need it

Code:
DisplayUpper1 FXParamNameDisplay 11 "Attk"
     DisplayLower1 FXParamValueDisplay 11 
     Fader1 FXParam 11
     TrackTouch+Fader1 FXParam 11
     FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 06:14 PM   #7359
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofia View Post
Hello,
I'd like to implement some changes in button behaviours but it clearly couldn't be done in .mst or .zon files, so I request to CSI's creators.

To date we have two kind of behaviours:

1- Normal button (I'd prefer the LED is not always ON, but enlightened only when the finger is pushing it)

2- Toggle button

The behaviour of these two buttons is related to Reaper actions.

I'd like to have:

Cycle button works on cycle actions, so 3 or more state

Long Press Button when pressed for 1sec it performs a different action (like open the metronome menu on metronome button)

Modifier button A Toggle button that changes the behaviour of a list of buttons. Like ctrl, shift... but it is a Toggle and it affect only a specific list of buttons.
Example:
Press Zoom, LED turns ON, and the arrows work on zoom.
Press Zoom again, LED turns OFF, and the arrows work on navigation.

I also suggest a Switch button that works on a section of buttons and behave exactly as the automation section: when i press a button, that one is ON, while the other buttons are OFF.

I hope not to be annoying.
Thank you in advance,
Sofia
hi sofia. you know you can map more than 1 action to a button for cycle actions.i have a few in my zone. you could map 4 or whatever actions to 1 button. is that what you meant ?
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #7360
Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
hi sofia. you know you can map more than 1 action to a button for cycle actions.i have a few in my zone. you could map 4 or whatever actions to 1 button. is that what you meant ?
I know that a button can perform more than one action simultaneously, but I know nothing about buttons that performs 3 or more actions one after the other.

How to do it?
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote