Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
adifrank
Human being with feelings

Default Full Bucket Music SequencAir - noob question

Hi. I just installed the free step sequencer by Full Bucket Music called SequencAir.
It has some very basic synth sounds built-in, but I want to use it to trigger midi with a different VST synth plug-in.
The manual says it can be done, but I can't figure out how.

Furthermore, my midi controller seems to have no effect on the SequencAir plugin, although it is well documented that it should be very simple to do.

For example —
Even using my midi keyboard controller to change the note (pitch) of the sequence is not working. I'm watching this youtube tutorial and following exactly what is being done in the video but when I switch on the 3rd button mentioned and try playing notes, the pitch doesn't shift at all.

Can anyone here please help me get up and running with SequencAir and Reaper?

Thanks!
adifrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:43 AM   #2
goldenarpharazon

SequencAir works fine and is very clever.

First of all make sure that your midi controller will turn one of SequencAir's knobs. This is immediately visual and confirms that midi routing and "learning" is OK for the basics of Midi control & routing in Reaper and for SequencAir.

Make sure that the Midi controller's input to the sequencer and its Midi outputs (to where you want) are on separate buses or channels in Reaper otherwise you may get weird loopback problems.

Then extend this to send a controller midi note on to the "Note->Play" and "Note->Stop" FX param inputs in Reaper that correspond to SequencAir on-screen buttons. This will start and stop SequencAir and shows your controller works. Be thoughtful as to whether you are sending "ON" or "OFF" events or both and observe the sequencer's behaviour. Pay attention that the sequencer buttons are toggled as enabled or not (the simulated LED on the VST).

Finally create the parameter link for a Midi note to the "Note->Transpose" button and test this.
goldenarpharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
adifrank

Hi @goldenarpharazon
Thanks for your reply. It helped.
I got my midi controller to work with Sequencair and I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Not sure I understood everything you detailed in your post, but I'll eventually get there : )
Thanks!
adifrank is offline   Reply With Quote