Old 07-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #121
permeke
Human being with feelings

should the plugin be chosen from the LBX browser or can I drag it from the fx browser to the track in the regular way and will it then show up in LBX ?
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #122
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
should the plugin be chosen from the LBX browser or can I drag it from the fx browser to the track in the regular way and will it then show up in LBX ?
It works both ways.
Some strips may need to be associated with the plugin first. See the Quick Start GUIDE (included in ALL-IN-ONE Pack) for instructions.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #123
Zeno

Finalized first strip designs for the next update

Last edited by Zeno; 07-16-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:23 AM   #124
Jugoshin

This is looking so sexy!

Really looking forward to seeing what's next!
Jugoshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:38 PM   #125
dagamusik

Zeno this skins are beautiful, Congrats!

are you planning to design the "JS" plugins to work without LBX?

Is that even possible?
dagamusik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:25 AM   #126
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamusik View Post
Zeno this skins are beautiful, Congrats!

are you planning to design the "JS" plugins to work without LBX?

Is that even possible?
Thanks

Yes, this is generally possible and no super big coding effort.
At the moment I'm not planning anything like that, because I'm working hard on the graphics for the next update.

But if you or someone else would like to implement the graphics into the js plugins, I am of course available for a collaboration.

Last edited by Zeno; 09-10-2020 at 03:30 AM.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:16 AM   #127
dagamusik

Sonic Anomaly has amazing examples of what can be done with some .png's to get a nice UI.

I'm not in coding, but i can learn to code i think, where to start?
dagamusik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:38 AM   #128
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamusik View Post
Sonic Anomaly has amazing examples of what can be done with some .png's to get a nice UI.

I'm not in coding, but i can learn to code i think, where to start?
I have not yet dealt with this topic myself, but a starting point would be here, for example:

JSFX Programming Reference - Graphics

In addition, it is always helpful to study code examples. In this case for example SLAX.
The PNGs are stored in an extra folder next to the plugin. The graphics of my strips are not in the plugins folder but in the lbx resource folder. If you take a closer look at the code of SLAX, the png files will be retrieved in the "desk" area of the code at the top.
Further down in the "@gfx"-area you can see the dimensions in which the graphics are placed, how they are retrieved and the logic of how you can interact with them.

Personally, I would approach the matter as follows:
I would make a copy of SLAX and remove all code that is associated with the audio processing, leaving only the slider and graphics functions. That gives you an overview. Afterwards I would take a closer look at the individual functions and read about what they do in the reference paper, then experiment with them, modify them for my needs and transfer them to a plugin of my choice.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #129
grandfougue

Hi I have a little problem with the strip sound toy if you can help me?

Last edited by grandfougue; 09-18-2020 at 10:27 AM.
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:08 PM   #130
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
Hi I have a little problem with the strip sound toy if you can help me?
hm... have you updated your soundtoys plugins in the last few years?

Another thing you can try is to reassign the controls in edit mode by dragging the plugin name directly to a strip control of your choice.

Old 09-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #131
grandfougue

Thank after the update it s good thanks
Old 01-07-2021, 10:17 AM   #132
Zeno

Default 2 New Strip-Designs

Small release batch for the community:

+ new VU Meter Strip
+ new Correlation Meter Strip

Requirements:
JS: Correlation Meter (ZenoMod) and JS: VU Meter (ZenoMOD) must be pre-installed (included in Zeno MOD ALL-IN-ONE Pack).

PS:
The release batches will be smaller, but more regular in the future.
The new strips will be integrated into the Zeno MOD ALL-IN-ONE Pack at a later date.

DOWNLOAD SHARE-STRIPS
Old 01-12-2021, 09:40 PM   #133
ChocolateHawkins

Hi Zeno!

Apologies if this has been asked anywhere or is general knowledge. But is it possible to integrate the ReSpectrum or Oscilloscope inside LBX? If so, is there anything graphics-wise in your pack?
ChocolateHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:01 AM   #134
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Hi Zeno!

Apologies if this has been asked anywhere or is general knowledge. But is it possible to integrate the ReSpectrum or Oscilloscope inside LBX? If so, is there anything graphics-wise in your pack?
I can answer this one. You cannot incorporate the actual frequency analyser or oscilloscope graphics itself into a strip. You can only add automatable parameters - and there's too much data to manage showing full displays such as those.

But - I have incorporated a way of getting modified versions of the gfx_analyzer and other displays into Dynamic Mode in stripper.

Skip to about 1:45 of the video...

It's a bit hacky - as it hides the actual jsfx window - and then copies the graphics area into an invisible window sitting over the stripper GUI (so technically it isn't actually part of the stripper GUI - but a floating window over the top).

But it does work - and control is integrated into stripper.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #135
gxray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
But - I have incorporated a way of getting modified versions of the gfx_analyzer and other displays into Dynamic Mode in stripper.

It's a bit hacky - as it hides the actual jsfx window - and then copies the graphics area into an invisible window sitting over the stripper GUI (so technically it isn't actually part of the stripper GUI - but a floating window over the top).

But it does work - and control is integrated into stripper.
My god, this is brilliant.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:44 AM   #136
grandfougue

Vue metter and corelation are realy nice thanks Zeno
Old 04-08-2021, 06:47 AM   #137
grandfougue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Finalized first strip designs for the next update

This ones are on the last update ? They are realy beautiful
Old 04-08-2021, 08:23 AM   #138
Zeno

Quote:
This ones are on the last update ? They are realy beautiful
Hi grandfougue
Not yet, unfortunately. The JS Comp Strips still need some tweaks before I make them public. They are not yet "neon" enough for me I don't have the time capacity to do that at the moment.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:51 PM   #139
grandfougue

I discovered with your work that a plugin that we want to use sounds better thank you for everything Zeno
Old 04-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #140
Zeno

Default Some words

Quote:
I discovered with your work that a plugin that we want to use sounds better thank you for everything Zeno
I'm glad that the strips offer you an added value.

I take your request as an opportunity to give the users of my strips some insights into the work process and to provide an explanation for the delay of the releases.

First of all the obvious: the work on the strips happens in my free time.
There are always particularly busy periods when I don't spend a single minute thinking about strip designs. There have already been suggestions to monetize the strips or to include them in donation plans so that i can focus more on strip designing.
I am happy about every donated coffee (by the way: I love good coffee ) and there are some generous offers, but first of all the demand is not high enough to cover any living expenses from possible proceeds, so monetizing would have no influence on the release rate and secondly this contradicts my claim to make these strips freely available to everyone.
But high workload in my job is not the only reason for delays.

Well, but why is it taking so long?

On the one hand, I want to offer users a visually pleasing experience and at the same time design the graphical interface in such a way that it supports workflow.
There are some basic and individual questions that come up before I even make a single mouse click. A lot of work goes into planning a GUI first:
How does a GUI have to be designed so that it integrates well visually in the context of the various Reaper themes most commonly used? After a lot of experimentation, I came to the conclusion that an 80s neon style works quite well with most themes, if implemented correctly.
Another question is how do parameter graphics need to be designed to suit their individual purpose and how do they need to be arranged to ensure a tidy look and good workflow ergonomics?
And another question is, how can I give each strip an individual look and vibe while keeping the total number of graphics needed to a minimum to save disk space and ram load?
And finally the question is, what is feasible and how can I implement it. Because there are technical limitations. Limitations that demand creative solutions.

Once the basic concept is in place, it's time for the real work: the graphic design.
So far, I've done most of the work in Knobman and Gimp. But when it comes to designing more complex control graphics, it becomes a real challenge. Especially creating three-dimensional, skeuomorphic graphics in 2D software is a lot of work. Including render time, rework, and post-processing, many graphics require a total of 3 to 12 hours of work - or even more. And whether the control graphics end up integrating well visually into the strip interface and whether everything harmonizes with each other, I can only see when I finally put the strip together in LBX Stripper.
I have decided that the amount of work is too high for the end result. I have experimented with Knobman 3D for the VU meter strip for instance, but am dissatisfied with the possibilities and the results. Since the community has also expressed a desire for high-resolution strips, I decided to break new ground, switch to Blender, and design the strip backgrounds and control graphics 100% in 3D software.
This means that I can design the whole interface in one piece and in a much higher visual and artistic quality, with much less work. Some graphics that were difficult to do before, or took hours of work, can now be done in a matter of minutes. It also shortens the previous planning phase, because the change to a 3D engine allows more experiments and adjustments can be made more easily. But it also means much higher render times. Sometimes it takes the whole night to render a single graphic in high resolution.

What does that mean in concrete terms for the future? Very simple. I have already created a lot of assets, the strips from the last update as well as the JS comps teased in 2D and some more JS, like some limiters are now already created in 3D. I am currently working on meters, surface structures and lighting and still have a lot to learn and read. So it will take some time until an update will come.

I also decided to offer the strips in 2 resolutions in the future and to monetize the high resolution strips. I haven't thought about the exact pricing and method yet. But who has supported me through donations so far, will of course get access to the high-resolution strips.
That means, if you can live with the problem of blurry graphics and staircasing, you don't have to pay anything in the future, if you are broke. I think that's fair

Some may be confused by the back and forth, things are announced and then not published. And I'm sorry about that. I want to deliver a good product and sometimes it's necessary to rethink things in the short term rather than continue down a hopeless path.

greetings

Zeno

Last edited by Zeno; 04-12-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:44 AM   #141
martmix

thank you Zeno great stuff 👍
martmix is offline   Reply With Quote