CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 11-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
pljones
Human being with feelings

Default Compiling NINJAM Server on Windows

I've seen a few posts lately saying "can't get it working". This worked for me:

Download the attached Eclipse project (after installing Eclipse, of course, along with MingW GCC, and getting all that working - not explained here!), drop the 0.06 server source into the "ninjamsvr" folder, then import the project into a workspace. (Hopefully that'll work...)

Make the following changes (these should apply whether you're using Eclipse or not):
1) in ninjam/server/ninjamsrv.cpp, add #include <ctype.h> to the "#ifdef _WIN32" section
2) in ninjam/server/makefile, comment out "CFLAGS += -pthread"
3) in ninjam/server/makefile, append "-lwsock32" to the $(CXX) line near the end

The project should then build clean.

(I can imagine there being problems on Linux, too - the ctype.h might help and there needs to be a library providing the network functions but I forget what it is.)

It's up for testing on thermaltake.dnsalias.net:2049 if you want to try it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ninjamsvr-project.zip (2.4 KB, 464 views)

Last edited by pljones; 11-21-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: test host added
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
lambizi

Default hi

hello...

i an new here, and i dont even speak a great English, so please be patient with me...

There would be a question...i downloaded Ninjam and also reaper, but when i try to connect, i dont know what to put into the "connect to host" space..so in my case its really more than actual the "i cant get it working" definition...could u please help?...

John.
lambizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
pljones

You're in the wrong forum.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
lambizi

could u then tell me wich is the right forum to get an answer to my questions?...or else, would u know if there a concrete kind of "costumers technicat support" to whom i can turn to for help in this specifical matter?...
Old 12-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
pljones

Out of the two NINJAM forums here, the one labelled "NINJAM Developer Discussions" is not for user discussions. In fact, the one labelled "User Discussions" is ideally placed for such use.

Further, added irrelevant questions to an existing thread is simply poor behaviour.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
lambizi

u must be a real behaviour expert...as far as i am concerned, poor behavior might as well be, looking down to others from a high horse, or thinking that just becouse of some "tecnical knowledge" related advantages, we have the right to criticise other people's beahavuour...yes... my behaviour might be poor, but yours is with no doubt full of the deepest misery...
Old 12-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
AndyMc

Thou should realize rules for forums to be intact for tidieth of such things. Thou spreading spamage into thy wrong area's of forum be very rudeth and shell not be tolerated. Thy will now sulk in thy place of sulkness.
Thou topic of thy PLJones has been trashed to thyness of nothingness. Thou n00b shell be cast upon from thy god of PLJones for thou's corruption of Thou PLJones Thread.
AndyMc is offline   Reply With Quote