Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-16-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
SimonBest
Human being with feelings

Default Weird thing while editing drums

Hi guys, I'm posting this here because I'm still new to reaper so I'm not sure if this is a bug, but to me is really weird I can't find out why it happens.

I'm editing some drums following this video's instructions (the second way): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rPJ5Q40lg

But at some point I have the following problem. If I make a split, all the drum tracks before the split will kind of copy/paste themselves in a weird way. Here are some images:

Right before the split: http://imgur.com/a/457RO

Right after the split: http://imgur.com/a/ty1Cu

Notice how the track at the bottom (That'd be the kick) kind of duplicates itself. I actually think It's pasting a different section on top of that one!! O.o""

I'm absolutely puzzled and this is really confusing me. I'm sure I can't be the only one who has encountered this issue. I need help, guys. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I have figured out that what it does is pasting a part of the track that was before in the timeline right on top of the one I'm working on. Dunno why :S

Last edited by SimonBest; 09-16-2016 at 09:46 AM.
SimonBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Fergler

It is bizarre to me to see Reaper combining audio into one waveform display like that. Normally it would show either one or the other, or if you have take lanes it would show two items over top.

Can you make a basic project file with just these few audio items and post it? I'd like to see what's going on.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
SimonBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post

Can you make a basic project file with just these few audio items and post it? I'd like to see what's going on.
Not sure if you'll be able to reproduce the problem. I was editing without problems for the most part of the project until it happens.
The recordings are 192KHz, so the files would be quite large to upload. Not sure if by basic project file you mean something different, though ^^"
Old 10-06-2016, 05:37 AM   #4
SimonBest

I found the source of the problem. The item was overlapping with the first part of the next item.
I get that you need to allow items to trim each other in order to prevent that, but what I can't understand is why was it hidden, not even making any sound until I split the item that was over it.

Is it supposed to happen or could it be a bug?