Old 10-21-2021, 03:03 AM   #1
Flaneurette
Human being with feelings

Default Guitar Chorder

I hadn't created a thread for this yet. Guitar Chorder is a Python Script that can be added in Reaper. It can insert all guitar chords inside the MIDI editor, about 300 chords. Of course, it can be used for Synths and other instruments as well. However, it draws guitar chords. It includes fingerpicking, creating an ARP like effect when used on a synth.

Download: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/39361/GuitarChorder.zip

It requires the latest version of Reaper, SWS and Python and needs to be added in the MIDI editor menu, by loading it as a ReaScript.

Example:

Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:15 AM   #2
Spookye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneurette View Post
I hadn't created a thread for this yet. Guitar Chorder is a Python Script that can be added in Reaper. It can insert all guitar chords inside the MIDI editor, about 300 chords. Of course, it can be used for Synths and other instruments as well. However, it draws guitar chords. It includes fingerpicking, creating an ARP like effect when used on a synth.

Download: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/39361/GuitarChorder.zip

It requires the latest version of Reaper, SWS and Python and needs to be added in the MIDI editor menu, by loading it as a ReaScript.

Example:

Hi Flaneurette... can you describe how it should be installed and where? Having the requisites (... I think ...) inserted in the scripts folder (.lua) does not see it .... Thanks.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:19 AM   #3
Flaneurette

Has to be added as a ReaScript. Can be selected in de MIDI editor:

Would be best to place the script inside the /Scripts/ folder of Reaper.

A ReaPack version is now being validated, making it easier to install it.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:35 AM   #4
Spookye

Quote:
Has to be added as a ReaScript. Can be selected in de MIDI editor:

Would be best to place the script inside the /Scripts/ folder of Reaper.

A ReaPack version is now being validated, making it easier to install it.
OK thanks. I did exactly that, but it says it's not supported. Pyton version 3 .... Question: But being a script, wouldn't it be better to create it in .lua like the other scripts ??
Old 10-21-2021, 03:40 AM   #5
Flaneurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post
OK thanks. I did exactly that, but it says it's not supported. Pyton version 3 .... Question: But being a script, wouldn't it be better to create it in .lua like the other scripts ??
Might be Python path issue, had it also this morning. Installed latest Python310. And forced it to take the Python310.dll.

Old 10-21-2021, 03:42 AM   #6
Flaneurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post
Question: But being a script, wouldn't it be better to create it in .lua like the other scripts ??
Wrote this about 5 years ago, and am not versed in lua, however it seems popular nowadays. Perhaps one day. Waiting for ReaPack to validate it, so that it would be easier to install. We'll see.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:48 AM   #7
Spookye

Quote:
Might be Python path issue, had it also this morning. Installed latest Python310. And forced it to take the Python310.dll.

... ok thanks Flaneurette. I'll try it later .... thanks. It's a very useful tool ... thanks for your work.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:10 AM   #8
Gibson_GM

Nice script, thank you! Still learning how it works; it seems like an easy way to add some arpeggios and things.

I had to download the latest Python and set its path to a folder I made on C: drive, to make it easier to add the path to Reaper. Once done, it works well.
Gibson_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:32 PM   #9
Flaneurette

GuitarChorder is now added to ReaPack. If you have ReaPack, simply synchronize and locate: GuitarChorder.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:42 AM   #10
dahya

Quote:
GuitarChorder is now added to ReaPack. If you have ReaPack, simply synchronize and locate: GuitarChorder.

Thanks for this Flaneurette. I'm trying to have a go at this, I've "installed" it via ReaPack, however it doesn't show up anywhere in the Actions list in the Midi Editor or anywhere in the Actions List from elsewhere.

I tried setting "Enable Python for use with Reascript" in the Preferences (it also said "python27.dll is installed"), but then Reaper crashed every time I attempted to "Load Reascript", so I've unchecked this for now.

Anyway, I can't find the GuitarChorder script anywhere, even though it's installed ? Is there something else that I need to do?
dahya is offline   Reply With Quote