COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 11-28-2018, 03:40 AM   #1
hannesmenzel
Human being with feelings

Default Setting up a DSP library as a .vsproj project

Hi there,

I have got a question on organizing WDL-OL projects. What I already did is to make the relative wdl-ol path independent from my project path by introducing environment variables $(WDL_PATH) replacing "../../WDL" and $(WDL_ROOT_PATH) replacing "../../". Though I have to insert relative paths in Project.props anyway.

What I want to achieve now is following. I've got some source files containing DSP code (like filters and so on) that need to be used by all targets of a project and all future plugins respectively. For now I'm adding these files manually for each target. I want to create a VS-project for these DSP related sources, so that I just have to add the *.vsproj to each new plugins solution. I tried this and that but did not get it to work. Don't need to state that I'm somehow new to all this, you'll find that out reading the next lines.

How would you set up something like this?

First question is: What kind of project? (I guess it should be a static library, but I don't know). What and how should I setup as include directories, linker directories and so on? How do I have to setup my projects target properties, that they can include the dsp stuff?

What you have to take into account: Some of these classes got to include WDL code (like custom IControls need to include IControl). So I guess the build order should be base - wdl - lice - dsp - project.

Would be glad to have help here.

Kind regards
Johannes

EDIT:
I guess I also need to set up different projects for each platform, configuration and so on, so mirroring the build targets of my project. So I'll need to setup one project for vst2-Debug-x64 and so on, right?

Last edited by hannesmenzel; 11-28-2018 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Additional question
hannesmenzel is offline   Reply With Quote