Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 08-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #1
EManBass
Human being with feelings

Default Easily toggle pre/post fader sends

Just a thought: wouldn't it be nice to have a toggle command to automatically switch between pre and post fader sends? And even better, have a visual indicator of what type of send each is? The command can be a modifier+left click, and the visual can be as simple as an outline around the send vs no outline, or a difference in the color of the send in the mixer view.

I'm thinking this because, for me, Reaper has been a productivity booster and the faster we can get the information we need when editing and mixing, the faster we can also make decisions and changes. This would put other DAW's into further shame for not adapting to today's fast-paced industry. When you have way too many tracks with way too many sends, being able to see which ones are pre and post would be a huge workflow advantage!
EManBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
foxAsteria

It's definitely scriptable. I got someone to make a script once to toggle it at the same time as the track, since in many cases they need to be the same.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
EManBass

How could I go about scripting such thing? I have no experience at all with scripts other than using other people's work in that field.
EManBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
foxAsteria

You can try asking nice on the ReaScript forum. Could be easy for someone.

Getting a visual indicator per track I don't think is easily scriptable, but who knows? It is however easy to see in the routing matrix (the line on the bottom of the cell shows where the send is, relative to the other two lines).

I do think it would make a good FR to allow theming different indicators on the IO of a track based on the type of send.