Old 08-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #1881
heda
Human being with feelings

I've found the reason why tracks color by tag was not working on a new project... Is is really working but there is a small conflict with the automatic (Untagged) tag... so it was using the color of the (Untagged) tag... refreshing the automatic tags solves the issue or clicking the desired tag too.
example:
when a track has more than one tag, which one to choose to use it as color for the track? Select the tag from the list of tags of the selected tracks.. and that tag will be used for the color. example:
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #1882
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
that's more worrying. What do you mean from one moment to another?
was it in a project that may have been tagged with old versions of TI? or in a new project tagged for the first time with latest version?
It happened with older projects that I loaded. With "from one moment to another" I meant that it happend without any indication. I did not even touch the tags. *Maybe* I triggered a tag preset (assigned to a shortcut) that wasn't available in that project. Could this be the case? I yet have to figure out when it happens.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation regarding colors, will check it out!
Old 08-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #1883
Mr. Green

Hello,
I'm new to using Track Inspector VIP, and it seems to be working pretty well so far!
I have a few questions:

-When switching between track Versions, I've noticed that TI will un-mute the track if it is muted. Is there a way I can disable this? It's a bit problematic for me because I am using versions for storage and do not wish for the audio to be audible until I un-mute it manually.

-Is it possible to assign key shortcuts for any of the commands in TI? Coming from both Pro Tools and Studio One, I would very much like to carry forward a workflow ability to both create and rename a new track Version with a single key command (if at all possible).

-Also, is it possible for me to hide the track number in the top track name panel? Not a big deal, really. I just don't want or need it.

-I'm only using a select few features if TI - namely Versions, Freeze, FX, Param, Sends, Notepad, and Automation (which I could disable actually). Is there anything I could disable in the settings that might make the script a bit more responsive? Again, not a big deal; just wondering.

Thanks for making this!
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #1884
heda

Hello Mr Green
For storage there is an Archive button and a Show all archived tracks button next to it. In the top general panel. Maybe you want to use that for storage instead of track versions. It basically does the same thing muting and making FX offline. But without versions. Let me know if that works for you

I can make shortcuts for any TI commands. Let me know all the actions you are interested.

I don't think there is an option to hide the track ID number... I can't remember... but it could be added.

you can hide or show any of the panels.. from the settings page... (bottom left button)

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #1885
Mr. Green

Quote:
Hello Mr Green
For storage there is an Archive button and a Show all archived tracks button next to it. In the top general panel. Maybe you want to use that for storage instead of track versions. It basically does the same thing muting and making FX offline. But without versions. Let me know if that works for you

I can make shortcuts for any TI commands. Let me know all the actions you are interested.

I don't think there is an option to hide the track ID number... I can't remember... but it could be added.

you can hide or show any of the panels.. from the settings page... (bottom left button)

Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for the quick response Heda!

Actually, track Versions work a lot better for me than archiving; I use plugs on the track for monitoring, plus I'm actually working with "versions" on a daily basis. But expanding all the Versions and seeing how they interact with hide/show - I think I understand why the auto-unmute is something that cannot really be changed, and honestly that's fine.

The id thing is just an "it would be nice if.." kind of thing - I just wanted to make sure it wasn't already there and I was missing it.

The real time saver for me will be with those shortcuts. What would probably be most useful to me would be the combination of "new track version (duplicate)" combined with "rename track version". Is this something I can tie to a keyboard command via macro or action?

Also, another question:

- Is it possible to remove a track Version from TI without deleting the track?
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #1886
Skorobagatko

I removed dpmeter3 from Fx Monitor chain and now get this (screeenshot attached). I want to start using dpmeter4 cause on the official website they say "(no longer maintained, please look at dpMeter4)" about dp meter 3. Tried to insert version 4 into Monitor Fx but it's not working. What should I do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TI dp4.JPG (47.3 KB, 152 views)
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:31 AM   #1887
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
I removed dpmeter3 from Fx Monitor chain and now get this (screeenshot attached). I want to start using dpmeter4 cause on the official website they say "(no longer maintained, please look at dpMeter4)" about dp meter 3. Tried to insert version 4 into Monitor Fx but it's not working. What should I do?
I'll update TI to support dpmeter 4 which needs a small internal change (already did it with HeDaMixer) so it will be easier now.
thx!
Old 08-23-2019, 04:35 AM   #1888
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
The real time saver for me will be with those shortcuts. What would probably be most useful to me would be the combination of "new track version (duplicate)" combined with "rename track version". Is this something I can tie to a keyboard command via macro or action?

Also, another question:

- Is it possible to remove a track Version from TI without deleting the track?
right now it is not possible to assign a shortcut to create new version and rename. I'll add it.

to remove a track version without deleting the track:
expand the versions. select the track version you want to remove.. then duplicate the track normally (with REAPER duplicate track action) . then select the track version and delete the version. The duplicated one still remains, but not connected to any version anymore.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:51 AM   #1889
heda

Default v1.4rc35 (2019-08-24)

Update to support dpMeter 4

Also, remove the Track Inspector plugins from the monitorFX chain and load the new included one Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter4.RfxChain

* v1.4rc35 (2019-08-24)
+ use dpMeter4 (replace Track Inspector plugins from Monitor FX chain with the new included one: Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter4.RfxChain)
Old 08-24-2019, 06:55 AM   #1890
Skorobagatko

Quote:

Also, remove the Track Inspector plugins from the monitorFX chain and load the new included one Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter4.RfxChain

* v1.4rc35 (2019-08-24)
+ use dpMeter4 (replace Track Inspector plugins from Monitor FX chain with the new included one: Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter4.RfxChain)
Thank you!
Old 08-24-2019, 08:32 AM   #1891
TBProAudio

Quote:

* v1.4rc35 (2019-08-24)

Old 08-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #1892
hopi

why is it always me?

Ok got the latest version of VIP TI
got the dp meter 4 from the link

put the FX chain for dp meter 4 in the monitor FX
and now when I select the master track it says this:

>>
Error. dpMeter plugin not found in Monitor FX Chain.
In order to display the meters on the master track, you need to manually insert the plugins in your monitor FX Chain.
There is a FX Chain included in the script that will be installed in the FX Chains folder. Search for the file: Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter3.RfxChain. This chain includes the Track Inspector plugin for RMS, waveform and peaks, and the dpmeter3 plugin for EBUR128 meter. Load this chain in your monitor FX chain, and route the input channels you need to them. Normally your main stereo 1/2 channels. But this could depend on how you setup your projects outputs.

IMPORTANT: Do not rename the plugins in the included FX Chain. Put them before any possible control room equalization or any other effect you could have in the monitor FX chain that could affect the output. This way the meter will be unaffected by the monitor FX chain.<<

I would expect it to be happy with dp4 no???
Old 08-26-2019, 12:11 AM   #1893
ericzang

Default Bug (not Track Inspector's fault) warning. Send may get deleted.

[EDIT: Hotfix here: https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1183 ]

This is not a Track Inspector bug, but it does affect its functioning of the right click on send to show/hide the send volume envelope, in the case of a certain REAPER Preference setting. See quick description and screen capture here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=224492

Last edited by ericzang; 08-26-2019 at 02:59 AM.
ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:44 AM   #1894
hopi

Ok working with dp 4 VST3 now OK... thanks much
Old 09-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #1895
GonZ

Hi Hector,

I've tried everything but I cannot achieve meters works. I have installed latest version of dpMeter4 (VST3) but it does not work (I mean on the track inspector). Can I have some help?

Thanks you so much, regards
Gonzalo
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #1896
hopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Hi Hector,

I've tried everything but I cannot achieve meters works. I have installed latest version of dpMeter4 (VST3) but it does not work (I mean on the track inspector). Can I have some help?

Thanks you so much, regards
Gonzalo
On the reaper Monitor FX Chain
see if you have these 3 things:
Track Inspector
JS: EBUR128 Loudness Measurement
VST3: dpoMeter4(TBProAudio)
Old 09-11-2019, 12:17 AM   #1897
GonZ

Hi,

I've just checked it out and I have them except JS: EBUR128 Loudness Measurement (which I cannot find on FX browser. I have the other 2 because I added them manually (I'm not sure if they should have beeen addded automatically). Anyway, the loudness meter seems to work on master channel but not in the rest of tracks. In theory, as far as I know (cause I see TI creates a hidden track) the tracks (excluiding master) are sent to it, so the Monitor FX Chain does not affect them, isn't it?

By the way, thanks for the help
Old 09-11-2019, 01:32 AM   #1898
heda

JS:ebur128 is not needed in the monitor FX chain.
For tracks, you're right that it creates a hidden track with the dpmeter and track inspector js. Does the send to that track work? Do the plugins in the hidden track receive audio?
You could try a new REAPER portable installation. If it works there,(it should) then something in your configuration may be different. It is strange.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:59 AM   #1899
GonZ

Yes, it's strange. I've tried in both Reaper installation, normal and a new portable with identical results. I've attached a screenshot (it's small but i hope it could be seen) where it's shown that hidden inspector track is reciving audio from selected track but loudness meter in ti does not work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heda_ti.jpg (49.9 KB, 134 views)
Old 09-11-2019, 03:12 AM   #1900
heda

Quote:
Yes, it's strange. I've tried in both Reaper installation, normal and a new portable with identical results. I've attached a screenshot (it's small but i hope it could be seen) where it's shown that hidden inspector track is reciving audio from selected track but loudness meter in ti does not work.
yes it is not a problem of the send or plugins... because you can see the meters for the RMS meters.. the only one you don't see is the EBUR128 meter... In your image, I see the PreFX button in white.. it means maybe you have enabled PreFX meter... which on this track with a VSTi, it doesn't generate any sound... but I wonder why do you see RMS meters then. I'll test that.
Try clicking the PREFX button at the bottom of the meter.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:28 AM   #1901
GonZ

Yes, it's a VST channel but the same results are gotten of an audio channel. For me, Pre-FX is always in white, if I press it, a number (0.0) toggle between shown and not, just above the Pre-FX button.

If you say it's strange, it's very likely I'm doing something wrong.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:48 AM   #1902
heda

Quote:
Yes, it's a VST channel but the same results are gotten of an audio channel. For me, Pre-FX is always in white, if I press it, a number (0.0) toggle between shown and not, just above the Pre-FX button.

If you say it's strange, it's very likely I'm doing something wrong.

mm I didn't notice.. but I see it now.. in your image.. dpmeter4 is in RMS mode.. not EBUR128. so it is not working to set the parameters right... I see there is a new version 4.1.2 of dpmeter... I haven't tested it... is it the version you use? I'll test it.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:51 AM   #1903
GonZ

Yes, it's 4.1.2 and the pic shows as the script load the plugins. I've tried to change to EBU and nothing happens.

On the other hand, I've test a little bit and I've realized that, for me, the loudness meter is only working on the master ti when it's picking the info from Monitor FX but not from the Master Fx chain (and, of course, changing from RMS to EBU dpMeter4).

I hope this info be useful for you.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:22 AM   #1904
hopi

a corner case... but maybe something to be aware of:

Script: cfillion_select destination tracks of selected tracs sends recursively (background).lua

when it is running plays hell with VIP TI... easier to try it and see than for me to explain it...

it is a confusing script name in that to stop it you run it again and terminate
[of course we can 'remember that' and thereby make it a toggle]
Old 09-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #1905
heda

Quote:
Yes, it's 4.1.2 and the pic shows as the script load the plugins. I've tried to change to EBU and nothing happens.

On the other hand, I've test a little bit and I've realized that, for me, the loudness meter is only working on the master ti when it's picking the info from Monitor FX but not from the Master Fx chain (and, of course, changing from RMS to EBU dpMeter4).

I hope this info be useful for you.
by chance, do you have enabled the setting "Use FX chain from file" ? Try disabling it first and restarting TI
Probably the fx chain that it uses doesn't have the dpmeter4 version in it.

Last edited by heda; 09-12-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:35 AM   #1906
GonZ

No, I don't have enabled this option on the "normal" ti (I mean, it's enabled just in the master ti, but even deactivating it, it does not work).

If you want, I can record a little video to show the configuration and what I can see and not.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:40 AM   #1907
heda

then I really don't know what can it be... are you sure it is the VST3 version and not the VST2 version? If it is the VST2 version there is an option to set it to use VST2 version because they have different parameters numbers. Maybe you have installed both VST2 and VST3 versions of dpmeter4 and it is using VST2 version by default. Try uninstalling dpmeter and install only the VST3 version if that is the case.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:19 AM   #1908
Ozman

One thing I just noticed yesterday about this script:
Freezing midi to new audio track version, allows one to access the previous midi items for later reference. The workflow works quite well, and doesn't clutter the arrangement, like my usual, custom action.

They actually become "Ghost Tracks".

Much thanks, heda.

Last edited by Ozman; 09-12-2019 at 05:57 AM.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:10 AM   #1909
Ozman

Also, heda, could you maybe also add some boolean actions, or maybe have the scripts to return "on" or "off" when triggering them?

The reason: I'm trying to create cycle actions to automatically assume certain screen sets when opening and closing panels (e.g. Track Inspector), using conditional statements.

Quote:
ERROR: 'Track Inspector Screenset' (section 'Main') was not registered!
Details: IF and IF NOT must be followed by an action that reports a toggle state
Tip: such actions report "on" or "off" in the column "State" of the Actions window.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #1910
GonZ

Quote:
then I really don't know what can it be... are you sure it is the VST3 version and not the VST2 version? If it is the VST2 version there is an option to set it to use VST2 version because they have different parameters numbers. Maybe you have installed both VST2 and VST3 versions of dpmeter4 and it is using VST2 version by default. Try uninstalling dpmeter and install only the VST3 version if that is the case.
Yes, I have both, VST2 and VST3 version but the hidden channel create by ti has loaded the VST3 version... I'm going to create third portable installation of Reaper with just the VST3 version and test it. If not, I can try it in another computer tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #1911
Ozman

Quote:
Yes, I have both, VST2 and VST3 version but the hidden channel create by ti has loaded the VST3 version... I'm going to create third portable installation of Reaper with just the VST3 version and test it. If not, I can try it in another computer tomorrow.
Try only installing the VST3 version.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:44 AM   #1912
GonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Try only installing the VST3 version.
I've uninstalling completely dpMeter 2 and 4. I've reinstalled only dpMeter4 VST3 64bits. Still no works. I know it sounds strange, but it is like that.

I've only achieved it works in "Script: HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Master.lua" when I load "Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter4" chain in the Monitor FX. In the rest of the situations I cannot achieve it to work.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #1913
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Also, heda, could you maybe also add some boolean actions, or maybe have the scripts to return "on" or "off" when triggering them?

The reason: I'm trying to create cycle actions to automatically assume certain screen sets when opening and closing panels (e.g. Track Inspector), using conditional statements.
I'm not understanding... boolean actions? Which actions?
Track Inspector does report status on/off if it is running or not.
What do you need exactly?
Old 09-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #1914
Ozman

Quote:
I'm not understanding... boolean actions? Which actions?
Track Inspector does report status on/off if it is running or not.
What do you need exactly?
Later I figured that (being that toolbar buttons display on/off states, as well as in the actions list).
I was trying to create a cycle action in order to assume a specific screenset when enabling the Track Inspector.

The cycle action was using the
IF statement,
- followed by the Track Inspector action
- then the screenset 2 action
ELSE
- the Track Inspector action
- then the screenset 2 action.
ENDIF

-- Step

IF NOT statement,
- followed by the Track Inspector action
- then the screenset 1 action
ELSE
- the Track Inspector action
- then the screenset 1 action.
ENDIF

The reason I'm using the IF/ELSE statements is to check whether the script is active already. If so, then just apply the screenset.

Maybe I'm needing to use a separate action that simply returns a boolean?
Old 09-13-2019, 01:58 AM   #1915
heda

I don't know how Conditional actions work. But Scripting is more powerful... maybe it is easier to make a script?

This is how to get if Track Inspector is running in Lua:

Code:
local retval, isrunning = reaper.GetProjExtState(0, "HeDaTrackInspector", "RUNNING")
Old 09-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #1916
Ozman

Quote:
I don't know how Conditional actions work. But Scripting is more powerful... maybe it is easier to make a script?

This is how to get if Track Inspector is running in Lua:

Code:
local retval, isrunning = reaper.GetProjExtState(0, "HeDaTrackInspector", "RUNNING")
Much thanks for your help, heda.
It turned out to be pretty simple. I had to create a cycle action containing the Inspector script and set it as a toggle action.
Then I was able to use that action as the "IF" condition.
It now functions as I'd like it to.

It was all about me just automatically applying two different layouts when using or not using the inspector.
Then scrolling in the mixer to the first selected track when toggling off the Inspector.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #1917
GonZ

Quote:
... I can try it in another computer tomorrow.
I've just tried and got the same result. This is making me nervous . Now, I'm sure I should be doing something wrong but I've followed installation instructions step by step... Maybe it's something very obvious but I cannot see my issue.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #1918
heda

Quote:
I've just tried and got the same result. This is making me nervous . Now, I'm sure I should be doing something wrong but I've followed installation instructions step by step... Maybe it's something very obvious but I cannot see my issue.
I am very surprised too. I am going to open a discord server for support chat. Maybe you can send me there your reaper.ini and track inspector settings file so I can test and see if I can duplicate the issue
Old 09-14-2019, 03:53 AM   #1919
heda

I'm making that sends are modified for all selected tracks
for now it works if all sends are the same send number.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #1920
Skorobagatko

Quote:
I'm making that sends are modified for all selected tracks
for now it works if all sends are the same send number.
very useful!