Old 05-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
hux
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI commands >> input FX

So I got me this guitar emulation app, Bias FX2. I have a MIDI foot controller, the FCB1010. They work great together for my simple needs - that being just toggling pedals on and off - when BFX2 is an output fx and the record/monitoring is enabled.

So - I decide I want to get a little fancy, right, and emulate a looper. I set all the preferences, get it working great - EXCEPT - when Bias FX2 is in the input FX chain, it doesn't appear to get these MIDI commands being sent from the MIDI track.

So my question is - from my MIDI input track, when I create the MIDI send, I see all output options. Post fader, post FX, etc..but nothing regarding input.

Do the MIDI commands not get sent to input chain as well? Am I just messing this up? I feel like I'm super close to having a really nice looper solution using Reaper and this plugin.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
mschnell

Supposedly you need to route the Midi stream from your Midi input track to the audio track (e.g. using the little [ROUTE] button in the track header.

For using Reaper as a Live playing tool (e.g. for Guitar) you might want to take a look at the "Live" subform.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
ZAKAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux View Post
So I got me this guitar emulation app, Bias FX2. I have a MIDI foot controller, the FCB1010. They work great together for my simple needs - that being just toggling pedals on and off - when BFX2 is an output fx and the record/monitoring is enabled.
How were you able to do this? I can't even get it to toggle pedals on and off within Reaper. I can, however, in standalone mode.
ZAKAR is offline   Reply With Quote