Old 03-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
schwa
Administrator

Default motu, cuemix, mute

Just picked up a MOTU Traveler. I know there is a lot of MOTU around here. Save me 20 minutes of fooling around? Is there a way to set up a bus inside the box so I can use it as a global mute from the box's front panel while recording, without having the software interface open?

In other words, Reaper is the only application open, I'm not messing around with no-latency monitoring etc, I just want a way to create a mute button on the front of the box itself, that will override whatever signal is coming from the computer.

I think this is probably not possible but ... ?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
schwa
Administrator

Burned the 20 minutes. Going with "no." Whatever routing you set up in the box seems to be merged (not or'd, not summed) with the computer output, so you can't do anything to the computer output from CueMix. The box can send internally routed output back to the computer, and the computer sees it as a distinct input, but the computer can't send its output to the box's internal routing, only directly to the box's outs. "CueMix input includes computer output" is a horribly phrased option, I think "input" there means the "Mix1" input that the computer sees coming in from the box.

Just being long winded to save someone else the 20 minutes.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
chip mcdonald
Human being with feelings

I've got MOTU as well.. While I don't mess with Cuemix much, it *would* be nice to be able to do certain things with it in Reaper.

/ would rather Justin get knobs on the TCP for plugins or have smoother faders
Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
ChrisADK
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Burned the 20 minutes. Going with "no." Whatever routing you set up in the box seems to be merged (not or'd, not summed) with the computer output, so you can't do anything to the computer output from CueMix. The box can send internally routed output back to the computer, and the computer sees it as a distinct input, but the computer can't send its output to the box's internal routing, only directly to the box's outs. "CueMix input includes computer output" is a horribly phrased option, I think "input" there means the "Mix1" input that the computer sees coming in from the box.

Just being long winded to save someone else the 20 minutes.
I'm not totaly sure but the Cue mix things your talking about might be addressed using ASIO direct monitoring whhich Reaper does not have yet.

Chris
(859) 635-5762
www.adkproaudio.com
chrisl@adkproaudio.com
ChrisADK is offline   Reply With Quote