Old 06-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
JohnB47
Human being with feelings

Default Question about Rendering

Hi.

I'm messin about restoring an old audio cassette tape recording consisting of a number of songs.

I've captured it in Reaper (as a 24 bit wav file) and have loaded it on a track, done some cleaning and cutting out and added a volume envelope. Also I've added some markers to allow me to specify the start of each track when I create an audio CD.

This is currently a Reaper project i.e. I haven't rendered it to a new wav file.

So here's the question:

If I follow the instructions in the manual to render (and burn to CD) the project as 'output format' Audio CD Image (CUE/BIN) format, does that automatically allow for the fact that it is a 24bit file and incorporate all the changes I made to it? Or do I have to render the project to 16 bit wav first, then render and burn to Audio CD Image (CUE/BIN) format.

Another related question. If I have such a wav file, is there a way to automatically split the track up, so that each song appears on it's own on a seperate Reaper track? (perhaps using the markers?)

Thanks in advance.
JohnB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Captain Damage

You don't need to pre-render it to 16bit. Reaper will make the cue/bin file(s) 16bit 44.1kHz.
Captain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
zoid9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB47 View Post
Hi.

is there a way to automatically split the track up, so that each song appears on it's own on a seperate Reaper track? (perhaps using the markers?)

Thanks in advance.
Just make a time selection from the begining to the end of each song. Right click and split at time selection. Then, just drag it down and another track will be created.
Repeat.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
JohnB47

Thanks Captain Damage.

zoid9 - thanks also. But is there no quick way to do that, based on the markers?
JohnB47 is offline   Reply With Quote