Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 07-08-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
talustalus
Human being with feelings

Default Recommended theme for HiDPI new Macbook Pro (retina) screen?

Hi

I recently replaced my computer with a new Macbook Pro. Problem is Reaper looks pixelated and awful on it due to 99% of the themes not being HiDPI ready.

On that note, is there any theme that will actually look sharp on these new Macbook Pros?

Thank you.
talustalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
JayJSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
is there any theme that will actually look sharp on these new Macbook Pros?
There are a few things...
1. v4 theme mod (linked in my signature below). It's not perfect (and it might be missing some things in a few layouts) but I find it's usable.

2. METRIC (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=197202). Personally I find it a bit too dark and a bit complicated in the mcp, but it looks really cool.

3. [There's a v5 and v6 alpha theme in the prerelease forum]

4. [Also from the prerelease forum, there's an update in the works that means that any generated text (like track names... etc.) will render better on non-HiDPI themes. I've actually just switched back to an old pro-tools theme that looks so much better than it used to, now that both the text and all the arrange area is retina]

I feel like I'm missing a few... but hopefully this helps.
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJSE2 View Post
There are a few things...
1. v4 theme mod (linked in my signature below). It's not perfect (and it might be missing some things in a few layouts) but I find it's usable.

2. METRIC (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=197202). Personally I find it a bit too dark and a bit complicated in the mcp, but it looks really cool.

3. [There's a v5 and v6 alpha theme in the prerelease forum]

4. [Also from the prerelease forum, there's an update in the works that means that any generated text (like track names... etc.) will render better on non-HiDPI themes. I've actually just switched back to an old pro-tools theme that looks so much better than it used to, now that both the text and all the arrange area is retina]

I feel like I'm missing a few... but hopefully this helps.

Thank you for those suggestions! It really looks dire, I hope the updates with the retina text especially come through soon.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:47 AM   #4
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by talustalus View Post
Hi

I recently replaced my computer with a new Macbook Pro. Problem is Reaper looks pixelated and awful on it due to 99% of the themes not being HiDPI ready.

On that note, is there any theme that will actually look sharp on these new Macbook Pros?

Thank you.
If you like a ‘clean’ theme, perhaps check out MXM Scalable (based on JanneV2Tinted).
More here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219391

PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
If you like a ‘clean’ theme, perhaps check out MXM Scalable (based on JanneV2Tinted).
More here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219391

Thanks for the suggestion.