Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
themixtape
Human being with feelings

Default Media Explorer - any way (at all) to use a MIDI jogwheel to audition audio?

I am discovering more and more AMAZING ways to map Reaper's stuff to MIDI controllers, and vice-versa.. using the Actions list...

The Actions List has a regular section with a million actions, and a Media Explorer section which has only things that apply to the Media Explorer window, when it's open.

If I want to make a CUSTOM action (multiple steps with one MIDI CC command).... I can't combine Actions from the MAIN list with actions from the Media Explorer list (*heart breaks*)

Example:
* Action: Skip next action if CC parameters <=0/mid
(MAIN list Action)

* Browser: Select next file in directory
(Media Browser-only Action)

* Action: Skip next action if CC parameters >0/mid
(MAIN list Action)

* Browser: Select previous file in directory
(Media Browser-only Action)

Is there any way to do this?

I want to use Maschine Studio's jogwheel for media explorer browsing (one-shot samples, loops, or midi loops)... it would be so much better than using two buttons assigned to "up" or "down" in the media explorer.... but, I'll deal with two buttons if I have to... but I would LOVE to use a jog wheel.

Thanks!

Last edited by themixtape; 04-04-2019 at 04:35 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote