Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 06:03 AM   #3001
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Thanks Geoff. Making progress now. Have Rotaries and Pushes operational, but no displays.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #3002
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Thanks Geoff. Making progress now. Have Rotaries and Pushes operational, but no displays.
Oops, my bad

TrackFXParamNameDisplay
TrackFXParamValueDisplay

got changed to:

FXParamNameDisplay
FXParamValueDisplay

to fit better with the new keyword:

FXParam

Search and replace is your friend
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #3003
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

All working now! Will try SubZone navigation after I've translated a few plugins to the new format (is the format likely to change again? (he asked, nervously ))
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #3004
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
All working now! Will try SubZone navigation after I've translated a few plugins to the new format (is the format likely to change again? (he asked, nervously ))
Great !!

The addition of FXParam makes the FX .zon files consistent with the other surface .zon files.

Of course there will be fine tunings over time, but I would say this is a stable format ... famous last words
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #3005
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Great !!

The addition of FXParam makes the FX .zon files consistent with the other surface .zon files.

Of course there will be fine tunings over time, but I would say this is a stable format ... famous last words
Splendid (I won't hold you to it if it has to change, it has to change). The new format is actually easier to use from a template point of view, as the two fields on each line that change from plugin to plugin (the parameter name and the alias) are now together at the end of the line.

Regarding the .zon files generally, I wanted to ask if there is any performance hit incurred if I spread out fields using TAB so the entries align vertically eg:
Code:
DisplayUpperD6		FXParamNameDisplay		"StWidth"         "Width"
DisplayLowerD6		FXParamValueDisplay		"StWidth"
RotaryD6		FXParam				"StWidth"
Toggle+RotaryPushD6	FXParam				"StWdOn"
This is all shaping up really well (again famous last words...) Will there be some send functionality along shortly- it's really all that's missing compared to the old system.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #3006
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Regarding the .zon files generally, I wanted to ask if there is any performance hit incurred if I spread out fields using TAB so the entries align vertically eg:
Code:
DisplayUpperD6		FXParamNameDisplay		"StWidth"         "Width"
DisplayLowerD6		FXParamValueDisplay		"StWidth"
RotaryD6		FXParam				"StWidth"
Toggle+RotaryPushD6	FXParam				"StWdOn"
This is all shaping up really well (again famous last words...) Will there be some send functionality along shortly- it's really all that's missing compared to the old system.
No performance hit at all.

What would be the best type of Sends to do first ? The one that spills all sends for a Track seems most popular -- you agree ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #3007
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
No performance hit at all.
That's good, I use NotePad++ to edit these and it allows column selection, makes things a bit easier.

Quote:
What would be the best type of Sends to do first ? The one that spills all sends for a Track seems most popular -- you agree ?
Absolutely It will certainly be the most used.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #3008
paat
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 98
Default

Hi there, I’m interested in getting an Icon Platform M+ and am curious if CSI supports the workflow I want.

First if all, I want basic MCU control (of course). I don’t think there are any problems there.

I also want to use the Icon faders to control plugin parameters and automation. This is the part that I’m unsure of. I’d want to be able to switch “modes”, where in one mode the Icon controls track volume etc, and in another mode it controls plugin parameters.

Is that something that CSI can enable for the Icon Platform M+? I’m not set on that device (it’s the workflow I care about), but I do like it’s size and price so I’d be thrilled if I could use it how I want.

Last edited by paat; 06-06-2019 at 04:53 PM.
paat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #3009
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
Hi there, I’m interested in getting an Icon Platform M+ and am curious if CSI supports the workflow I want.

First if all, I want basic MCU control (of course). I don’t think there are any problems there.

I also want to use the Icon to control plugin parameters and automation. This is the part that I’m unsure of. I’d want to be able to switch “modes”, where in one mode the Icon controls track volume etc, and in another mode it controls plugin parameters.

Is that something that CSI can enable for the Icon Platform M+? I’m not set on that device (it’s the workflow I care about), but I do like it’s size and price so I’d be thrilled if I could use it how I want.
CSi will do those things for sure.

A word about the Platform series.

i really like the company and was excited when they brought out the original Platform M.

However, my view is that if you don't have scribble strips to orient you, you really are not getting your money's worth of ease of use.

The origin Platform D display did not even line up properly with the Platform M.

Just looked at the website and I couldn't find a single picture with the M and D together, even today.

So...

If I were buying a surface with more that 1 Channel, I would make sure it had usable scribble strips.

You might want to check the reviews on build quality too...

Now, the other Icon stuff is killer -- QCon Pro Ex -- gorgeous.

They just seemed to miss on the Avid Artist Mix knockoff (Platform series) which, I agree, is a great compact form factor.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #3010
lubvic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Hi Geoff,
everythig up and running, finally got my FX mapped to my Xtouch :-)
only one weird behaviour, when FX gui is closed, my controller is still mapped to FX zone, don't get focus on "Zone Channel|1-8".

This is what i set inside it, in my MCU.zon:

Zone Channel|1-8
TrackNavigator
DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
...
...

and this in a typichal FX .zon:

Zone "VST: The Glue (Cytomic)"
FocusedFXTrackNavigator
Rotary1 FXParam Threshold
...
...
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #3011
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
Hi Geoff,
everythig up and running, finally got my FX mapped to my Xtouch :-)
only one weird behaviour, when FX gui is closed, my controller is still mapped to FX zone, don't get focus on "Zone Channel|1-8".

This is what i set inside it, in my MCU.zon:

Zone Channel|1-8
TrackNavigator
DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
...
...

and this in a typichal FX .zon:

Zone "VST: The Glue (Cytomic)"
FocusedFXTrackNavigator
Rotary1 FXParam Threshold
...
...
Great, glad you've got everything up and running.

Yeah that last focus thing...

Known bug...

When you use OnTrackSelection we get notified when no Tracks are selected so we can go back to Home.

When you use OnFXFocus we get no notification of the losing focus, working on a solution...
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #3012
lubvic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 59
Default

It's normal that some bug are still there, considering what you have achived is a fair price and i hope i can help you someway...
'Bout the bug, rigth now,when i want to go back to my channels, if i foucus on a FX thas has no .zon defined, focus goes back to Zone Channel|1-8.
Isn't possible to define somewhere a dummy FX at gui closing or a button to get focus on channels again?
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #3013
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
'Bout the bug, rigth now,when i want to go back to my channels, if i foucus on a FX thas has no .zon defined, focus goes back to Zone Channel|1-8.
Isn't possible to define somewhere a dummy FX at gui closing or a button to get focus on channels again?
Sure, just define a button to get you Home

Code:
        someButton GoZone Home
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #3014
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

New build is up.

GoZone Home now dumps everything else and ensures Home is the only active Zone.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #3015
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Hmmm....

Just thought of an easy powerful feature to add.

Let's call it Zone Link.

Just like you can check Sync Pages on a Page definition so that any Pages with this checked all bank together, let's make it so that any surfaces with Zone link checked will receive all Zone messages.

No Zone Link:

surface1->GoZone BigZone

Only surface1 goes to BigZone.


With Zone Link:

surface1->GoZone BigZone

All surfaces with Zone Link checked go to BigZone.

That allows for huge composite definitions where each surface provides part of the mapping.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #3016
paat
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
However, my view is that if you don't have scribble strips to orient you, you really are not getting your money's worth of ease of use.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't think it would really be an issue with tracks, but when I get into plugin parameters I'm sure the scribble strips would be helpful.

Quote:
The origin Platform D display did not even line up properly with the Platform M.

Just looked at the website and I couldn't find a single picture with the M and D together, even today.
The D2 display looks pretty nice to me.

Quote:
Now, the other Icon stuff is killer -- QCon Pro Ex -- gorgeous.

They just seemed to miss on the Avid Artist Mix knockoff (Platform series) which, I agree, is a great compact form factor.
Yeah I'm just trying to work out the ergonomics right now. I'm planning to put this controller on top of the panel of my MIDI keyboard controller, right in front of my computer screen. The X-Touch and Icon Pro seem like they'll be a stretch to reach the buttons and encoders, whereas the M+ should be more comfortable to reach. A key question is does it have enough buttons to navigate the way I want – from track control to plugin parameter control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
CSi will do those things for sure.
Are there any controllers that are ready to go with CIS right now? I installed the plugin, though I'm not really sure how it works (and I don't have one of the controllers listed under Surfaces/).

How would I get started creating a configuration for a Korg nanoKontrol2? If I could get something working with it, I'm sure I could get an Icon Platform M+ working too. Is there a post somewhere in this thread that talks about how to create a configuration for a new surface?

edit: oh! I found the notes wiki linked in the first post. I'll check that out before asking any more questions
paat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:14 PM   #3017
paat
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 98
Default

Here's a configuration for the Korg nanoKONTROL2. It requires you to start up the nanoKONTROL 2 in Cubase control mode (hold set+rew while plugging it into your USB).

It works really well! I'm pretty happy about that.

A couple small issues:

1. The bank navigation is a bit iffy – there's no visual indicator in Reaper that the bank has changed, from what I can tell. So you can't really tell what tracks are being controlled.
2. The pan knobs really only work when I move them slowly. I tried setting them up as faders rather than encoders, thinking that would get the absolute value, but it didn't really work.

Any suggestions on how to handle those?

I'm pleased with how quickly I was able to get a handle on how CSI works. I'm going to dig into pages next, see if I can get plugin navigation happening.

nanoKONTROL2.mst

Code:
Widget TrackLeft
  Press 90 2e 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget TrackRight
  Press 90 2f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Cycle
  Press 90 56 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 56 7f 90 56 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Marker
  Press 90 59 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerLeft
  Press 90 58 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerRight
  Press 90 5a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rewind
  Press 90 5b 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 5b 7f 90 5b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
  Press 90 5c 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 5c 7f 90 5c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
  Press 90 5d 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 5d 7f 90 5d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
  Press 90 5e 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 5e 7f 90 5e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
  Press 90 5f 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 5f 7f 90 5f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary1
  Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary2
  Encoder b0 11 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary3
  Encoder b0 12 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary4
  Encoder b0 13 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary5
  Encoder b0 14 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary6
  Encoder b0 15 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary7
  Encoder b0 16 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary8
  Encoder b0 17 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader1
  Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
  Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
  Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
  Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
  Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
  Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
  Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
  Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo1
  Press 90 08 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 08 7f 90 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo2
  Press 90 09 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 09 7f 90 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo3
  Press 90 0a 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 0a 7f 90 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo4
  Press 90 0b 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 0b 7f 90 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo5
  Press 90 0c 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 0c 7f 90 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo6
  Press 90 0d 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 0d 7f 90 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo7
  Press 90 0e 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 0e 7f 90 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Solo8
  Press 90 0f 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 0f 7f 90 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute1
  Press 90 10 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 10 7f 90 10 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute2
  Press 90 11 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 11 7f 90 11 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute3
  Press 90 12 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 12 7f 90 12 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute4
  Press 90 13 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 13 7f 90 13 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute5
  Press 90 14 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 14 7f 90 14 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute6
  Press 90 15 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 15 7f 90 15 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute7
  Press 90 16 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 16 7f 90 16 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Mute8
  Press 90 17 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 17 7f 90 17 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm1
  Press 90 00 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 00 7f 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm2
  Press 90 01 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 01 7f 90 01 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm3
  Press 90 02 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 02 7f 90 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm4
  Press 90 03 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 03 7f 90 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm5
  Press 90 04 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 04 7f 90 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm6
  Press 90 05 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 05 7f 90 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm7
  Press 90 06 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 06 7f 90 06 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm8
  Press 90 07 7f
  FB_TwoState 90 07 7f 90 07 00
WidgetEnd
nanoKONTROL2.zon

Code:
Zone Home
  IncludedZones
    Buttons
    Channel|1-8
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
  TrackLeft TrackBank -1
  TrackRight TrackBank 1
  Rewind Rewind
  FastForward FastForward
  Stop Stop
  Play Play
  Record Record

  Shift Shift
  Option Option
  Control Control
  Alt Alt

  Marker Reaper 40157
  MarkerLeft Reaper 40172
  MarkerRight Reaper 40173

  Cycle CycleTimeline
ZoneEnd


Zone Channel|1-8
  TrackNavigator
  Rotary| TrackPan
  Fader|  TrackVolume
  RecordArm|  TrackRecordArm
  Solo|  TrackSolo
  Mute| TrackMute
ZoneEnd

Last edited by paat; 06-06-2019 at 10:24 PM.
paat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:58 AM   #3018
lubvic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Great for the new build!
This time i found a little bug in GoZone Home, when i focus on FX reacomp, for example, then push GoZone Home button to get back to faders, if i open reacomp again can't get focus on Reacom again, only if i focus on a different FX and reacom again.

Is there a way to use a button mapped to GoZone Reacomp to focus instead of detectinf GUI automatically?
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #3019
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
The D2 display looks pretty nice to me.
At first glance, yes.

Now look carefully at about 0:20.

See how Fader 1 hits at about the beginning of the display (after the bezel), there is no way to centre on Fader1, Fader1 display must be either truncated or offset.

Now notice on the right side, the display is well past Fader8, indeed to about the centre of the Master Fader.

Some might say it's a minor inconvenience -- i say why pay all this money to get all this efficiency, then waste a bunch of it because your brain has to slow down and parse the display every time to account t for the offset, ugggh, yucch

That said I really like the rest of their stuff, that's why this one is so strange :{
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:00 AM   #3020
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
Here's a configuration for the Korg nanoKONTROL2. It requires you to start up the nanoKONTROL 2 in Cubase control mode (hold set+rew while plugging it into your USB).

It works really well! I'm pretty happy about that.
Great news !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
A couple small issues:

1. The bank navigation is a bit iffy – there's no visual indicator in Reaper that the bank has changed, from what I can tell. So you can't really tell what tracks are being controlled.
That's what Track colouring is for, to give you a visual.

That said, it's a concept only right now, the implementation permanently colours Tracks -- no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
2. The pan knobs really only work when I move them slowly. I tried setting them up as faders rather than encoders, thinking that would get the absolute value, but it didn't really work.

Any suggestions on how to handle those?
Yeah, we need to address acceleration issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
I'm pleased with how quickly I was able to get a handle on how CSI works. I'm going to dig into pages next, see if I can get plugin navigation happening.
Wow, you sure have got a handle on it, your .mst and .zon will be included starting next build --Thanks !!

Pages are overkill for plugins, but, of course, feel free to experiment with anything
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:01 AM   #3021
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
Great for the new build!
This time i found a little bug in GoZone Home, when i focus on FX reacomp, for example, then push GoZone Home button to get back to faders, if i open reacomp again can't get focus on Reacom again, only if i focus on a different FX and reacom again.

Is there a way to use a button mapped to GoZone Reacomp to focus instead of detectinf GUI automatically?
Yeah, maybe Focus isn't really the best way....

You can map any button you want to GoZone Reacomp, totally up to you.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:18 AM   #3022
lubvic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yeah, maybe Focus isn't really the best way....

You can map any button you want to GoZone Reacomp, totally up to you.
what i wrote is incorrect, i mean... a button to go to focused FX .zon, the same that is done with "OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets" only manually, pushing a button.
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:45 AM   #3023
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
what i wrote is incorrect, i mean... a button to go to focused FX .zon, the same that is done with "OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets" only manually, pushing a button.
Sure, but that's not the problem.

It's the fact that the last FX to get focus retains it.

Reaper FX focus is apparently NOT the same as FX Window focus, that's the issue.

Looking into another way to do this...
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:48 AM   #3024
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post

Looking into another way to do this...
Maybe dig into SWS. They have a ton of useful actions based around the notion of a 'selected' FX.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:48 AM   #3025
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 9,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Of course there will be fine tunings over time, but I would say this is a stable format ... famous last words
GREAT !!!! Going from pre-Alpha to real Alpha or even Beta
As long as there only will be compatible enhancements, it's no problem if this is not the very last word

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 06-07-2019 at 04:59 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:55 AM   #3026
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 9,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
If I were buying a surface with more that 1 Channel, I would make sure it had usable scribble strips.
The XTouch "USB" also features scribble strips (even colored). Do you esteem them to be "usable" ? (Recently we seem to have found out that it also features a decent fader resolution.)

Moreover using CSI, it can be enhanced by one or more "XTouch One", or a "XTouch Compact", which seems like a nice idea. I suppose these should provide a great price/performance ratio.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 06-07-2019 at 10:31 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #3027
paat
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
That's what Track colouring is for, to give you a visual.

That said, it's a concept only right now, the implementation permanently colours Tracks -- no good
Ah cool! Yeah it works pretty well. Until I reload the config, then the first set of tracks seem to have their color locked in.

Quote:
(re: pan) Yeah, we need to address acceleration issues...
You know what? This isn't CSI's fault. When the NK2 is set up in that mode, the pan knobs sends a series of 1, then a series of 64, then a series of 127.

I just confirmed that the normal MIDI CC mode sends 0-127 for the pan knobs. So, I'll redo this config and get that working.

(In my first attempt, I mapped almost the whole thing and then found that one of the buttons didn't even send any MIDI with that setup! So the lesson is, monitor the MIDI data and make sure everything looks usable before doing the work to map it!!)

Quote:
Wow, you sure have got a handle on it, your .mst and .zon will be included starting next build --Thanks !!
Cool What do you think of making a GitHub repo for .mst and .zon files?

Quote:
Pages are overkill for plugins, but, of course, feel free to experiment with anything
Hah perhaps... I don't actually know what pages are. I meant more like, now that I've got a bog-standard mapping done, I'll see if I can take this thing deeper

Oh: is HOLD still not working? I saw something about it in a February post, but nothing since. HOLD will be especially useful for a pretty sparse device like the NK2.
paat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #3028
paat
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 98
Default

Okay I'm running into a strange problem trying to map the NK2 in normal CC mode.

Specifically, the problem is with TrackLeft and TrackRight.

When I use this mapping:

Code:
Widget TrackLeft
  PressRelease b0 3a 7f b0 3a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget TrackRight
  PressRelease b0 3b 7f b0 3b 00
WidgetEnd
Pressing TrackRight once throws things off. Fader1 controls track 2 in the bank, and Fader2 controls tracks 1 and 3 in the bank.

When I use this mapping:

Code:
Widget TrackLeft
  Press b0 3a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget TrackRight
  Press b0 3b 7f
WidgetEnd
then pressing TrackLeft or TrackRight sets the value of Fader1 to 0, and when pressing TrackRight Fader2 ends up with the same behavior as before.

The rest of the config is as simple as it can be (I think):

Code:
Widget Fader1
  Fader7Bit b0 00 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
  Fader7Bit b0 01 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3
  Fader7Bit b0 02 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4
  Fader7Bit b0 03 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5
  Fader7Bit b0 04 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6
  Fader7Bit b0 05 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7
  Fader7Bit b0 06 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8
  Fader7Bit b0 07 7f
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone Home
  IncludedZones
    Buttons
    Channel|1-8
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
  TrackLeft TrackBank -1
  TrackRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
  TrackNavigator
  Fader|  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Any ideas?
paat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #3029
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
Cool What do you think of making a GitHub repo for .mst and .zon files?
Why not just put them in stash.reaper.fm, that's where everything else is.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #3030
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
Okay I'm running into a strange problem trying to map the NK2 in normal CC mode.

Specifically, the problem is with TrackLeft and TrackRight.

When I use this mapping:

Code:
Widget TrackLeft
  PressRelease b0 3a 7f b0 3a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget TrackRight
  PressRelease b0 3b 7f b0 3b 00
WidgetEnd
Pressing TrackRight once throws things off. Fader1 controls track 2 in the bank, and Fader2 controls tracks 1 and 3 in the bank.

When I use this mapping:

Code:
Widget TrackLeft
  Press b0 3a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget TrackRight
  Press b0 3b 7f
WidgetEnd
then pressing TrackLeft or TrackRight sets the value of Fader1 to 0, and when pressing TrackRight Fader2 ends up with the same behavior as before.

The rest of the config is as simple as it can be (I think):

Code:
Widget Fader1
  Fader7Bit b0 00 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2
  Fader7Bit b0 01 7f
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone Home
  IncludedZones
    Buttons
    Channel|1-8
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
  TrackLeft TrackBank -1
  TrackRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
  TrackNavigator
  Fader|  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Any ideas?
Hmmm...

Yeah, shouldn't use PressRelease for that job, you get a kick on the
Press and on the Release as you have seen

How many tracks are in the project ?
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #3031
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

New build is up.

You can now map Sends and a button to control the mapping

Code:
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets

	Send ToggleShouldMapSends
Now you just need to define some Sends Zones.

I decided to hardwire them, since the are like FX Zones which are hardwired by FX name (e.g. ReaComp).

All you need to do is define them like this:

Code:
Zone Send|1-4
	DisplayUpper|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
When mapping is enabled and a Track is selected, Sends Zones are mapped until there are no more Sends or no more Send Zones, whichever comes first.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #3032
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

You can now map Sends and a button to control the mapping

Code:
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets

	Send ToggleShouldMapSends
Now you just need to define some Sends Zones.

I decided to hardwire them, since the are like FX Zones which are hardwired by FX name (e.g. ReaComp).

All you need to do is define them like this:

Code:
Zone Send|1-4
	DisplayUpper|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
When mapping is enabled and a Track is selected, Sends Zones are mapped until there are no more Sends or no more Send Zones, whichever comes first.
Exciting!!

Could you clarify the ‘push a button to map the selected channel’s sends’ mode a bit more? Thanks
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #3033
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Exciting!!

Could you clarify the ‘push a button to map the selected channel’s sends’ mode a bit more? Thanks
Sure, it's the first step down the road of getting the Asssignments section to be radio buttons.

Unlike MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets, which always maps the Selected Track, MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets only maps if a Track is Selected AND ToggleShouldMapSends is true, so in the example pressing the Send button on the surface toggles the Sends mapping.

And, in case it wasn't clear what I meant by hardwiring, I meant the Sends Zone MUST be named Send|1-4, Send|1-8, etc.
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #3034
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Sure, it's the first step down the road of getting the Asssignments section to be radio buttons.
OK, got it (I think)
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #3035
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Ok, maybe I haven't got it
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Buttons 
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets

Send ToggleShouldMapSends

Zone Send|1-8
	DisplayUpper|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
        ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
	Rewind Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play
	Record Record
	F1 NextPage
	F7 PinSelectedTracks
	F8 UnpinSelectedTracks

	smpteBeats CycleTimeDisplayModes
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

	Read Reaper 40401
	Write Reaper 40403
	Trim Reaper 40400
	Touch Reaper 40402
	Latch Reaper 40404
	Group Reaper 42023

	Shift+Read Reaper 40086
	Shift+Write Reaper 40090
	Shift+Trim Reaper 40088
	Shift+Touch Reaper 40087
	Shift+Latch Reaper 40266
	Shift+Group Reaper 42024

	Save Reaper 40026
	Shift+Save Reaper 40022

	Undo Reaper 40029
	Shift+Undo Reaper 40030

	Shift Shift
	Option Option
	Control Control
	Alt Alt

	Marker Reaper 40172
	Shift+Marker Reaper 40157
	Option+Marker Reaper 40174

	Nudge Reaper 40173
	Cycle CycleTimeline
	Click Reaper 40364

	JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper 40647
	JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper 40646

	MasterFader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd


Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower|  TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+ DisplayLower|  TrackVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPush| TrackCycle PanWidthCycle 3
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| TrackPan 0
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| CycleTimeDisplayModes 2
	RecordArm|  TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	Select|  TrackUniqueSelect
	Shift+Select|  TrackRangeSelect
	Control+Select|  TrackSelect
	Fader|  TrackVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Could really use an example in your AvidArtist Control or Mix .zon
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #3036
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Ok, maybe I haven't got it
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		Buttons 
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets

Send ToggleShouldMapSends

Zone Send|1-8
	DisplayUpper|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
        ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
	Rewind Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play
	Record Record
	F1 NextPage
	F7 PinSelectedTracks
	F8 UnpinSelectedTracks

	smpteBeats CycleTimeDisplayModes
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

	Read Reaper 40401
	Write Reaper 40403
	Trim Reaper 40400
	Touch Reaper 40402
	Latch Reaper 40404
	Group Reaper 42023

	Shift+Read Reaper 40086
	Shift+Write Reaper 40090
	Shift+Trim Reaper 40088
	Shift+Touch Reaper 40087
	Shift+Latch Reaper 40266
	Shift+Group Reaper 42024

	Save Reaper 40026
	Shift+Save Reaper 40022

	Undo Reaper 40029
	Shift+Undo Reaper 40030

	Shift Shift
	Option Option
	Control Control
	Alt Alt

	Marker Reaper 40172
	Shift+Marker Reaper 40157
	Option+Marker Reaper 40174

	Nudge Reaper 40173
	Cycle CycleTimeline
	Click Reaper 40364

	JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper 40647
	JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper 40646

	MasterFader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd


Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower|  TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+ DisplayLower|  TrackVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPush| TrackCycle PanWidthCycle 3
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| TrackPan 0
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
	PanWidthCycle+Rotary| CycleTimeDisplayModes 2
	RecordArm|  TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	Select|  TrackUniqueSelect
	Shift+Select|  TrackRangeSelect
	Control+Select|  TrackSelect
	Fader|  TrackVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Could really use an example in your AvidArtist Control or Mix .zon
So close

Good time to point out, those kind of statements must always appear within Zones.

I would just tweak yours thusly:

Code:
Zone Home
        OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		Buttons 
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|1-8
	DisplayUpper|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
        Send ToggleShouldMapSends
        ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
__________________
CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #3037
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Thanks Geoff, working now Excellent!!

One thing, when activated, the 8 sends of a channel appear across all of the surfaces (4xXT and 1xMCU)

Could they just appear on the surface containing the selected track?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:18 AM   #3038
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Sure, it's the first step down the road of getting the Asssignments section to be radio buttons.
Yay! RadioButtons
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #3039
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,421
Default

Cool modification of C4.zon:

Code:
Zone Home
OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
SpotErase ToggleShouldMapSends
SlotUp Reaper _fba48393e4ca48f88d11cba0e4671ab3
SlotDown Reaper _265b374bdcd740f7af4550cd986e4e9c
TrackL Reaper _S&M_WNONLY1
TrackR Reaper _S&M_WNONLY2
BankLeft TrackBank -24
BankRight TrackBank 24
ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
ChannelRight TrackBank 1
ZoneEnd


Zone Send1
	DisplayUpperD1|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD1|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD1| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD1|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send2
	DisplayUpperD2|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD2|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD2| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD2|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send3
	DisplayUpperD3|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD3|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD3| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD3|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send4
	DisplayUpperD4|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD4|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD4| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD4|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send5
	DisplayUpperD5|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD5|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD5| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD5|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send6
	DisplayUpperD6|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD6|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD6| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD6|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send7
	DisplayUpperD7|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD7|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD7| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD7|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Send8
	DisplayUpperD8|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLowerD8|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPushD8| TrackSendMute
	RotaryD8|  TrackSendVolume
ZoneEnd
Pushing SpotErase on the C4 maps Sends 1-8 of the selected channel to D1-8 on the C4, Rotary is SendVolume, Push is SendMute, DisplayUpper is SendName and DisplayLower is SendVolume.

Pushing SpotErase again returns you to the plugin parameters of the focussed FX. Sweet
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #3040
CraigGE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

Excellent!! - I am happy to confirm that my previous X-Touch Mini TrackPan issues are no more!!

Thanks very much.

I do have one minor problem where my rotary lights don't show the pan fully centre when its centred in Reaper (the center, and left of center lights are on) - I think it might be to do with a weird offset in the device... I'll follow-up with more information at a later time... what you've provided already is just superb.

In case it's of use to others, here are my latest working MST and ZON files.

XTouchMini.mst
Code:
/ X-Touch Mini
/ Ensure X-Touch Mini is configured in "standard" mode
/
/ Layout:
/ Layer A
/   Rotary Buttons (EN 1-8 Push)
/   Rotary Knobs   (EN 1-8 Turn)
/   Upper Buttons  (BT 1-8)
/   Lower Buttons  (BT 9-16)
/   Master Fader   (FD 1)
/
/ Layer B
/   Rotary Buttons (EN 1-8 Push)
/   Rotary Knobs   (EN 1-8 Turn)
/   Upper Buttons  (BT 1-8)
/   Lower Buttons  (BT 9-16)
/   Master Fader   (FD 1)


Widget LayerA_RotaryPush1
	Press 9a 00 7f
WidgetEnd
	
Widget LayerA_RotaryPush2
	Press 9a 01 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush3
	Press 9a 02 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush4
	Press 9a 03 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush5
	Press 9a 04 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush6
	Press 9a 05 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush7
	Press 9a 06 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_RotaryPush8
	Press 9a 07 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary1
	Fader7Bit ba 01 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 01 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 02 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 02 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary3
	Fader7Bit ba 03 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 03 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary4
	Fader7Bit ba 04 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 04 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary5
	Fader7Bit ba 05 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 05 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary6
	Fader7Bit ba 06 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 06 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary7
	Fader7Bit ba 07 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 07 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Rotary8
	Fader7Bit ba 08 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 08 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton1
	Press 9a 08 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 08 7f 8a 08 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton2
	Press 9a 09 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 09 7f 8a 09 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton3
	Press 9a 0a 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0a 7f 8a 0a 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton4
	Press 9a 0b 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0b 7f 8a 0b 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton5
	Press 9a 0c 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0c 7f 8a 0c 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton6
	Press 9a 0d 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0d 7f 8a 0d 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton7
	Press 9a 0e 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0e 7f 8a 0e 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_UpperButton8
	Press 9a 0f 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0f 7f 8a 0f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton1
	Press 9a 10 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0f 7f 8a 0f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton2
	Press 9a 11 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 0f 7f 8a 0f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton3
	Press 9a 12 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 12 7f 8a 12 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton4
	Press 9a 13 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 13 7f 8a 13 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton5
	Press 9a 14 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 14 7f 8a 14 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton6
	Press 9a 15 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 15 7f 8a 15 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton7
	Press 9a 16 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 16 7f 8a 16 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_LowerButton8
	Press 9a 17 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 17 7f 8a 17 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerA_Fader
	Fader7Bit ba 09 7f
WidgetEnd

/################################################

Widget LayerB_RotaryPush1
	Press 9a 18 7f
WidgetEnd
	
Widget LayerB_RotaryPush2
	Press 9a 19 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_RotaryPush3
	Press 9a 1a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_RotaryPush4
	Press 9a 1b 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_RotaryPush5
	Press 9a 1c 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_RotaryPush6
	Press 9a 1d 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_RotaryPush7
	Press 9a 1e 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_RotaryPush8
	Press 9a 1f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary1
	Fader7Bit ba 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0b 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary2
	Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0c 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary3
	Fader7Bit ba 0d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0d 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary4
	Fader7Bit ba 0e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0e 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary5
	Fader7Bit ba 0f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 0f 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary6
	Fader7Bit ba 10 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 10 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary7
	Fader7Bit ba 11 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 11 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Rotary8
	Fader7Bit ba 12 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit ba 12 7f 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton1
	Press 9a 20 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 20 7f 8a 20 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton2
	Press 9a 21 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 21 7f 8a 21 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton3
	Press 9a 22 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 22 7f 8a 22 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton4
	Press 9a 23 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 23 7f 8a 23 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton5
	Press 9a 24 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 24 7f 8a 24 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton6
	Press 9a 25 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 25 7f 8a 25 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton7
	Press 9a 26 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 26 7f 8a 26 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_UpperButton8
	Press 9a 27 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 27 7f 8a 27 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton1
	Press 9a 28 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 28 7f 8a 28 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton2
	Press 9a 29 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 29 7f 8a 29 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton3
	Press 9a 2a 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2a 7f 8a 2a 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton4
	Press 9a 2b 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2b 7f 8a 2b 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton5
	Press 9a 2c 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2c 7f 8a 2c 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton6
	Press 9a 2d 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2d 7f 8a 2d 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton7
	Press 9a 2e 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2e 7f 8a 2e 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_LowerButton8
	Press 9a 2f 7f
	FB_TwoState 9a 2f 7f 8a 2f 00 0.5
WidgetEnd

Widget LayerB_Fader
	Fader7Bit ba 0a 7f
WidgetEnd
XTouchMini.zon
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		LayerA_Buttons
		LayerB_Buttons
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone LayerA_Buttons
	LayerA_LowerButton1 TrackBank -8
	LayerA_LowerButton2 TrackBank 8
	LayerA_LowerButton3 Rewind
	LayerA_LowerButton4 FastForward
	LayerA_LowerButton5 CycleTimeline
	LayerA_LowerButton6 Stop
	LayerA_LowerButton7 Play
	LayerA_LowerButton8 Record
	LayerA_Fader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone LayerB_Buttons
	LayerB_Fader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	LayerA_Rotary| TrackVolume
	LayerA_UpperButton| TrackMute
	LayerB_RotaryPush| TrackCycle PanWidthCycle 2
	PanWidthCycle+LayerB_Rotary| TrackPan 0
	PanWidthCycle+LayerB_Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
	LayerB_UpperButton| TrackRecordArm
	LayerB_LowerButton| TrackSolo
ZoneEnd
CraigGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.