Old 08-08-2020, 05:05 AM   #1
Matthijs
Human being with feelings

Unhappy Problems setting up Faderport 8

Hi, I have problems setting up Faderport 8. I've read all threads on both the Cockos and Presonus platforms and got confused. MCU-Logic, Faderport XT, Klinke, Mossreaper, CSI..

I use the latest version of Reaper and the latest firmware of the Faderport. I use the MCU-Logic mode, disabled the faderports in 'Midi-devices' and in preferences set the Control surface to Mackie Control Universal with midi in and midi out set on Presonus FP8.

When I start Reaper (with the Faderport on) the physical faders on the FP jump to the position where the faders are set in the active Reaper project. I can move the physical faders but they jump back to their position in the DAW. And when I move the virtual faders in the DAW (with my mouse) the physical faders on the FP move accordingly. None of the knobs on the FP are working. I can't for instance select or arm a track. But on the other hand if I select a track in Reaper (with the mouse) the corresponding track-button on the FP lights up.. None of the transport buttons work.

Would really appreciate some advice..

Matthijs

Last edited by Matthijs; 08-09-2020 at 03:21 AM.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #2
airon
Human being with feelings

Maybe the midi device is still in use somewhere. Does the Faderport 8 present more than one device in MCU Logic mode ?

Or some kind of midi program is still running in the background. I have sometimes forgotten to close such a tool.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote