Old 12-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
medtee
Human being with feelings

Default midi to audio track

midi to audio track
In Reaper a new track is simply a track. A track is made midi or audio based on it's input source: Midi Input ot Stereo/Mono Input. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm enable to send midi message to an audio track with a VST effect like WAHt a midi-controlled wah for guitar.
This normally is done by sends/receives between the two tracks. I checked it out. Midi is sent only to a track with a VSTi but not a VST effect.

NB: in nuendo since WAHt receives midi, it shows up in the midi out list as a vsti, so need for routings.
medtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Roner
Human being with feelings

Im not quite sure waht you actually mean here, but if you want to automate the plugin and make it wah your audiotrack, thats easy.

You can use audio and midi on the same track, so you
-open your wah effect on the same track as your audio,
-automate it by left-click the track envelope button (to the left of the track fx button) and choosing the vst parameter(s) you want to automate.
-now you should see the chosen parameter in the trackview as a line, and can edit the envelope by adding points to the line, by leftclicking.

If you on the other hand want to controll the parameters from an external controller, im afraid thats not implemented yet.

Hope that helps
Roner is offline   Reply With Quote