Old 08-05-2019, 05:20 AM   #41
puddi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
@puddi

Concerning the mcp header, I tried to stick as much as I could at the model. I could have done it differently with, indeed, the track label under and both the index and headers above.

Will see if I can do something about it, but don't hold your breath, as it will probably be too much work : at first glance, all the instances of the mcp panel backgrounds (selected and not selected), as well as the label and index ones will have to be reshaped graphically, this with the necessary adjustments in the rtconfig.txt (Walter commands) for most of the layouts.
Gotcha, well don't sweat it. You've been to enough help already and it's not a big deal anyway
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:57 AM   #42
Phazma

Great, thanks! This helps a lot!
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #43
lawrs

Hi Cubic13, thanks for your work on creating this. Would you be so kind to export a full ReaperConfigZip so that we could get it exactly like in your screenshots?

The problem I'm having is even after adding the theme, it looks nothing like your screenshot (colors are off, tracks don't have colors, overall theme looks darker than the picture)

It would be much appreciate it! Many thanks in advance for your contribution!
lawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:43 AM   #44
mikostep

Hi Cubic, I love your theme, especially since I came from Cubase to Reaper so its easier to understand and adapt to me with your theme.
I have one question: can you add a TCP with horizontal meter and horizontal volume?
Thanx for a great theme.
mikostep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:00 AM   #45
cubic13

@lawrs & mikostep

Sorry for the late answer.

Actually, I no longer use Reaper and consequently, there is a very little chance that the themes uploaded in the stash from me will be updated. I might again look at them in one week, three months or five years, but don't hold your breath...

If anyone consider that some of these are worth working on it, he/she should feel free to do so...

Sorry again.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:24 AM   #46
raeladir

Hi, can anyone help me with this issue i'm having, when assigning colors to tracks, only the titles are colored? I'm really new to reaper and themes (1 day).

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: png track color.png (11.7 KB, 229 views)
raeladir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:52 AM   #47
LCipher

Quote:
@lawrs & mikostep

Actually, I no longer use Reaper and consequently,

Sorry again.
Still, thanks a ton for your theme! Are you using Cubase now exclusively?
LCipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:49 PM   #48
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCipher View Post
Still, thanks a ton for your theme! Are you using Cubase now exclusively?
Thanks to you and sorry for the late answer. Yes, I went back to Cubase Pro 10 during last summer. It's not a good place to do a Reaper vs Cubase thread (been done countless times, I think...), but to sum it up, let's say that it's mainly due to the workflow and the UI. Never achieved something usable in a practical way with Reaper, actually. This with missing things such as a working navigator, track inspector, retrospective record, control room, input tranformer, input tracks, etc... Life is short and I lost too much time, already.

All the best !

Last edited by cubic13; 03-27-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:47 AM   #49
vanhaze

I can very well understand you swapped Reaper for Cubase.

If only Cubase's audioperformance on mac would be on par with Reaper, i problably
would do the same thing.
I really love its GUI, its amazing arsenal of native midi functionality, it's chord track, etc.

Although Cubase's audioperfomance (on mac) has getting better and better during the last years, on my system, it never felt as a really snappy DAW and getting way faster through the roof regarding cpu intensivity than Reaper.
Really unworkable for me.

Sometimes i am thinking of stepping over to PC and using Cubase on Windows (better performance than mac version) but i utterly hate Windows.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:10 AM   #50
Phazma

Hey cubic13, sad to hear that you are still not satisfied with Reaper after all the work you put in it. Anyway I still love your theme and am very grateful that you helped a lot in making this DAW appealing to work with (not just for me)!

Seeing that you are still around on the forum, I have only 1 question left. I explained it in more detail in this thread -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=233394 <- but in short words, do you know if it is possible to edit the media item background in a way so that the 0dB peaks do not fully reach the boarder of the item? Here an image showing above what I want to achieve and below how it is now: https://ibb.co/gvcZsM1

Of course I do not ask you to do it for me but if you have an idea about how I might be able to do it myself (maybe by editing some png in gimp) it would be awesome if you could tell me.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:36 PM   #51
LCipher

Quote:
Thanks to you and sorry for the late answer. Yes, I went back to Cubase Pro 10 during last summer. All the best !
Thanks - and I have to say I'm in the same boat. While your theme made it nicer - I never seemed to get much done, except tweaking. With Cubase my head just seems more focused. Life's too short...
LCipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:22 PM   #52
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeladir View Post
Hi, can anyone help me with this issue i'm having, when assigning colors to tracks, only the titles are colored? I'm really new to reaper and themes (1 day).

Thank you
Sorry for the (very) late answer. To make things working properly and in case you haven't found it, yet, the two following settings (reachable in Preferences>Appearance>Track Control Panels) must be set as :
Set track label background to custom color ---> off (unticked)
Tint track panel backgrounds ---> on (ticked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
I can very well understand you swapped Reaper for Cubase.

If only Cubase's audioperformance on mac would be on par with Reaper, i problably
would do the same thing.
I really love its GUI, its amazing arsenal of native midi functionality, it's chord track, etc.

Although Cubase's audioperfomance (on mac) has getting better and better during the last years, on my system, it never felt as a really snappy DAW and getting way faster through the roof regarding cpu intensivity than Reaper.
Really unworkable for me.

Sometimes i am thinking of stepping over to PC and using Cubase on Windows (better performance than mac version) but i utterly hate Windows.
Hi, vanhaze
I can't tell you that much about the audio performance on mac/OSX but with my new system, purchased last november (see my sig), Cubase starts in only few seconds and same for the usual template I'm working with. Guess that the SSDs are essential, here, but not only. This with a minimal ASIO usage, thanks the last 10.0.60 update which makes feel Cubase as if it was built in a rock : I never felt like this with Cubase as much, even with 6.5.5, the version I've been using for years.

And honestly, Windows is not that much horrible : actually, I was dreading the W10 Pro installation and it went flawlessly (the USB key I have is the 1809 version, I updated to 1909 right after and blocked any further update, since). After this, indeed, it's about how each of us feel in front of it, but W10 is really no more like 98 or even XP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Hey cubic13, sad to hear that you are still not satisfied with Reaper after all the work you put in it. Anyway I still love your theme and am very grateful that you helped a lot in making this DAW appealing to work with (not just for me)!

Seeing that you are still around on the forum, I have only 1 question left. I explained it in more detail in this thread -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=233394 <- but in short words, do you know if it is possible to edit the media item background in a way so that the 0dB peaks do not fully reach the boarder of the item? Here an image showing above what I want to achieve and below how it is now: https://ibb.co/gvcZsM1

Of course I do not ask you to do it for me but if you have an idea about how I might be able to do it myself (maybe by editing some png in gimp) it would be awesome if you could tell me.
Hi, Phazma
I have looked more closely at the issue. Indeed, there is one that appears when I normalize an audio signal, in example. I never stumbled on it, as I never use normalizing. It is more or less the same thing with Default 5, actually (I don't know for Default 6, I stopped updating Reaper at 5.99) but it is less critical because in the latter, the items horizontal border is only 1 pixel high vs 2 in mine.

So, I have adjusted as much as I could the things in the two files joined which should work for all the themes included in the pack. I guess that you know how to proceed and, if not, let me know. It's still not perfect, but it's a little better and I won't be able to do more, because you can't add yellow lines as much as wanted to the top of the whole item image to adjust the outside of the peaks drawing area. This, contrarily to the bottom : another quirk of theming that finally let me give up on the whole process...

Let me know if it's better, as the last solution would be to suppress one of the two pixels used for the horizontal item borders but well, it would be less 'Cubase like'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCipher View Post
Thanks - and I have to say I'm in the same boat. While your theme made it nicer - I never seemed to get much done, except tweaking. With Cubase my head just seems more focused. Life's too short...
Hi, LCipher
Maybe I'll read you soon on Steiny forums, then...
Attached Images
File Type: png item_bg.png (552 Bytes, 216 views)
File Type: png item_bg_sel.png (557 Bytes, 195 views)

Last edited by cubic13; 03-31-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:42 AM   #53
Phazma

Thank you for still taking the time to help me out with this!
I installed your new pngs and it does something with the bottom border, but still not what I'd like.
My goal is to always have 1-2 pixels around the border of the items that are never "overwritten" by peaks - almost as if I was gaining down the take a bit.

Here a better example where I emulated the effect that I want by gaining down the take in Reaper a bit: https://ibb.co/PC7NMS2

Do you think suppressing a border pixel would make the above version look more like the below version but without lowering voulme? Or is it just not possible in Reaper? I guess it would need the outer pixel of the item pngs to be drawn on top of the peaks rather than behind.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #54
poetnprophet

this is my new default theme, thank you very much! can't believe took me so long to try this. It has everything I need and the color palette is pure MOOD

Bummer to hear you have switched to Cubase...it is a fantastic DAW, I have used plenty in the past. Good luck and thanks for this great theme.

dave
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:56 PM   #55
cubic13

@poetnprophet

Thanks for the kind words, Dave...

@Phazma

Your screenshot is blurry : it doesn't represent a pixel as so. Have you redimentioned it, somehow ?
FWIW, here is what I'm getting, using VB3 (a 'Hammond clone' VSTi) and rerouting the audio in order to record it at a level exceeding 0dB :

Not perfect, but the different themes that I have tested show all the same thing : the peak area display extends up to one pixel before the item border. Again, it is less critical in most cases, as they nearly all have an only one pixel border.

So, I'm afraid that it is indeed not possible to do otherwise than reducing and/or changing the tint of the borders, in the two files that I posted previously. Or better said, I don't know if the issue can be solved differently. Sorry...

Last edited by cubic13; 04-01-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:21 PM   #56
Phazma

Ok I understand. Still thanks a lot for trying!
Old 07-26-2022, 07:45 AM   #57
laban1

Default Basic question - getting the tools to appear and work

Basic question - getting the tools to work

Old thread, hope there's someone there

Hi! I've been a Cubase user for too long, looking for a more stable system (you remember?),
stumbled across this neat theme, great.
Now it's just getting it to work This is my first post in this forum

Like in the attached picture I got the shell but no tools on top.

Firstly the Install - anything wrong?

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\reaper - here is where I put the files:
1) 4 of ReaperThemeZip goes into the ColorThemes folder that was there`- done
2) 8 of ReaperMenu files put into a MenuSets folder I had to create. - done
3) 2 of tollbarIconsSet folders goes where??
This part I'm most uncertain about because the pdf doesn't tell.
I've tried:
a) in the root - OK??
C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\reaper
b) in the toolbar_icons folder under Data - OK??
C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\reaper\Data\toolbar_ icons

--------------

Secondly - How do I get the tools to appear (like in the other pic)?

Looked under View, under Options > Layouts - no luck.
From pdf: "The added .ReaperMenu files are actually toolbars to be used with the themes ;
they should be put in the \MenuSets of the same Reaper installation,
then loaded with the Customize menus/toolbars window"
I found Customize menus/toolbars window under Options,
then a lot of options and I cant find the Toolbar names anywhere.
Don't know if I have to custom import every tool or if the just
magicallay appear with the right knowledge.

Hope someone can help, much appreciate it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper_CubicPack3 theme.JPG (31.5 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg reaper_CubicPack3 theme with tools.JPG (15.8 KB, 135 views)
laban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:07 AM   #58
laban1

No replies
Maybe this was the wrong place to post this question..
laban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:43 AM   #59
emwhy

Cubic13 helped me with some theming a while back through the forum, but he has since stopped using Reaper and gone back to his other DAW of choice. Odds are he doesn't check these posts anymore.
emwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:50 AM   #60
pits06

Default missing volume sliders in cubick3 track pannel

Hi, i use cube6R theme , everything works perfect except i'm missing the volume sliders on each track, i went to the layout track pannel but it s not there either, in the actions?

thanks
pits06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:43 AM   #61
SweetPieStudio

Default Track Colors not displaying as expected

Hello,

I've recently downloaded Cubic3 and its incredible! Really incredible work. The only issue I'm having ,and I'm sure its user error, is the way color changes affect the track in the project and mix window. It only colors the track name portion of the track and not the whole track.

Is this a setting issue I'm missing? When in other themes the track color behaves as I would expect.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 3.41.02 PM.png (70.2 KB, 57 views)
SweetPieStudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:35 AM   #62
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPieStudio View Post
Hello,

I've recently downloaded Cubic3 and its incredible! Really incredible work. The only issue I'm having ,and I'm sure its user error, is the way color changes affect the track in the project and mix window. It only colors the track name portion of the track and not the whole track.

Is this a setting issue I'm missing? When in other themes the track color behaves as I would expect.

Thanks again!
Let me one or two days to check this more closely. Rather strange, as I never experienced this, with it. So, I'll have to look at this more closely and, as I haven't themed since a while (more than 4 years, actually), I'm much less confident about my knowledges than I was, at the time.

Meanwhile, could you precise :
- the OS used
- the eventual HiDpi/Scale used
- The command(s) used to change the colors.

Will let you know here, if I find something useful. Thanks for your interest about my theme.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:20 AM   #63
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPieStudio View Post
Hello,

Thanks again!
OK, I have looked more closely at this. To make it work as expected, be sure that these Preferences options are set as following :
Attached Images
File Type: png Reaper706_preferencesTracksBackgrounds.png (41.1 KB, 77 views)