Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
EnzymeX
Human being with feelings

Default Making audio loop files from Reaper loops?

Can anyone tell me the fastest way to make wave loops from audio loops set up in reaper? I presume this involves rendering (or an external audio editor like Audacity) since Reaper is inherently "non destructive". Thanks!
EnzymeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
Jae.Thomas

make loop selection around the part you wish to loop

right click wave

copy loop from selection

paste where you want it.

(would be nice to have a trim loop feature as well)
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

To me it seems more that you're asking for a way to quickly bounce/merge multiple clips into a single one, that's it ?
I tried your trick Jason, but it only copies the selection somewhere else, it is not like rendering in order to get something else, a new single file.
But maybe i'm biased (as i really would like a lot such a thing since months !), or maybe also i didn't understand you

If it is the case, enzymeX, such a feature has been requested several times since the early days of Reaper, and even recently about merging also midi clips.
I made ap ost two days ago gathering some infos & useres suggestions : http://www.cockos.com/forum/showpost...98&postcount=5

I hope it is in the "todo" list
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
Jae.Thomas

thats why im saying there needs to be a definite, simpler, one shot process that trims the audio file to a loop right there.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
EnzymeX

Thanks for the replies! I was actually asking about destructively editing .wav files (I render to do that currently), but the issue of editing only a selection in the editor is an issue I ran across before as well and I would give a hearty +1 to get that resolved!
EnzymeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
EnzymeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh View Post
i just stuck this in another thread but realised it might suit this one too - the following seems to suit me, i hope it works and i haven't made some dumb mistake
one way to make loops from audio is to use the apply fX to items as new take.

put some audio in a track, with an empty track below

isolate the bit of audio you want as a loop by dragging the right and left edges

right click on the prospective loop and 'apply fX to items as new take'

you now have a loopable new clip that should be the right length

BUT - you have to set preferences>media> tail length when using apply fX to 0ms (otherwise some silence gets added)

This is a neat system and can be even better when you have say a long section of audio and you want to extract maybe 4 loopable bits from that

set up the raw (original) track and then drag the edges to make a section that is only say 3 bars long. Drag a copy down as before
go back to raw track and use shift+alt+click to move the raw audio within the 3 bar window until you find another loopable section
drag down to a new spot on the track below
go back to raw track, maybe change the window size to only show two beats worth of audio
use shift+alt+click to find new loopable bits
drag to track below

once you've got all the bits you want on the track, select them and apply fX to items as new take - they are all now independent loopable bits of audio

gregh,

Thanks for the tip! This is absolutely great. I also see that Justin has just modified Glue as well to allow a loop to glue a modified length to itself. It just keeps getting better and better! I have never enjoyed working more in a DAW than I have with Reaper!
Old 11-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzymeX View Post
I have never enjoyed working more in a DAW than I have with Reaper!
Amen, brother! This is such a neat new feature!