Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-06-2022, 05:01 AM   #2281
d. gauss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
It's track selection rather than banking that causes the Reaper GUI to follow the surface. Therefore, bank the surface and select a track and the Reaper GUI will follow.
hmm, that's a bummer. is it possible to modify bank selection so that it works as i described? i.e. moving right one bank would automatically select the track 8 tracks further away from the one currently selected?
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:02 AM   #2282
d. gauss

anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss View Post
new question and i searched long and hard for this one to no avail.

how do you toggle the fx chain window for the master track? the command mapped to F6 below (from someone else's zone) only opens the window but doesn't close it. similarly, the command below that is mapped to F5 only toggles the master FX chain IF the master track is selected first. i just want to see my master fx pop up then disappear with the click of a button no matter what the track selected is.
------------
F6 Reaper "40846" // Show FX Chain for master track
F5 Reaper _S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN // Toggle Show FX Chain
Old 05-06-2022, 05:36 AM   #2283
Funkybot

Quote:
anybody?
I don't know of a way to do that. You may want to check Reapack to see if there's anything there or ask on the scripts forum if it's possible for someone to whip something up that will toggle Master Track FX Chain.

There's an action to close all FXChain windows from what I recall, so it may be possible to create a cycle action to show the master FX chain, then have another action to close all FX chain windows.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:45 AM   #2284
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I don't know of a way to do that. You may want to check Reapack to see if there's anything there or ask on the scripts forum if it's possible for someone to whip something up that will toggle Master Track FX Chain.

There's an action to close all FXChain windows from what I recall, so it may be possible to create a cycle action to show the master FX chain, then have another action to close all FX chain windows.
dang, i thought it would be a simple matter.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:03 AM   #2285
Funkybot

Quote:
dang, i thought it would be a simple matter.
When it comes to things like that, it's really about "is there a Reaper/SWS/script action, or set of actions that can be combined, to do that?" If yes, you can trigger that from CSI. But as you see, there's no specific "Toggle Master FX Chain" action so CSI is limited in what it can do.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #2286
WaveTrans

Quote:
If it's a single 16-channel surface, then you can do 16-channels of sends. If it's two 8-channel surfaces, I feel like you'd be stuck at 8 sends. Note though: you could use the SendSlot approach and just bank the sends Eucon-style. So you'd see Send Slot 1 for each track on the 16 channels, then bank up, and you'd see Send Slot 2 for each of the 16 tracks.
Thanks for the hint!

SendSlots seemed perfect so I set it up but the results were confusing.

When I mapped the SendSlot and banked, I came unto blanks more often than sends. The sends I found and could actually control with the faders, behaved strangely. Upon fader touch the fader went to -inf and started from there regardless of the inital position and while values were changed by the fader movement and these changes were kept the fader itself resetted after movement.

I read something of a strange or misunderstandable behaviour in post #2247 from Mixmonkey but I´m not shure since I doubt my understanding of the underlying concept.

Please correct me if this is wrong: for me, a SendSlot is the I/O Menu of a selected track and ´banking`in this context means walking through the sends within a slot in steps of 8 (comparable to banking on an 8 channel MCU unit).

However, will definitely give this another try with CSI 2.0

Thanks again!
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 01:22 PM   #2287
d. gauss

on mcu/x touch, how do you make the pan rotary sweep the whole range in one turn?
i.e. it takes me 3 full spins of the knob to get from hard left to hard right. (in my work, i pan hard L R or center 80% of the time so three spins is an eternity) could not find an answer via search or wiki.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:00 PM   #2288
Funkybot

Quote:
on mcu/x touch, how do you make the pan rotary sweep the whole range in one turn?
i.e. it takes me 3 full spins of the knob to get from hard left to hard right. (in my work, i pan hard L R or center 80% of the time so three spins is an eternity) could not find an answer via search or wiki.
Check out the section on the Wiki dealing with encoders:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders

You're interested in the sections having to do with acceleration.

Here's what the X-Touch encoders should look like in the .mst file:
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f [ < 41-47 > 01-07 ]
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
	Toggle 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
...the "[ < 41-47 > 01-07 ]" part in the brackets has to do with the encoder acceleration. Add those to your encoders in the .mst file if they're not already there.

What that's saying is: CCW turns will transmit values of 41 through 47 depending on speed and CW turns will transmit values of 01 through 07 depending on speed. Note: double check on your device, these were from my X-Touch One.

Then in your .zon files, you can add custom acceleration curves like this...
Code:
Rotary|    MCUTrackPan  [ (0.005,0.01,0.025,0.034,0.05,0.075,0.10) ]
The 7 values in the parenthesis indicate the slowest turn speed on the left all the way to the fastest turn speed on the right. Note: the brackets are required, so use the same syntax. If your surface has 7 speeds, then make sure you have 7 values.

What's nice about this approach is you can change the acceleration to suite your tastes, and even change it per parameter.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:18 PM   #2289
d. gauss

thanks for reply.

my mst looks like this though: (the generic MCU mst installed with CSI)

Widget Rotary1
Encoder b0 10 7f [ > 01-0f < 41-4f ]
FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Quote:
Check out the section on the Wiki dealing with encoders:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../wiki/Encoders

You're interested in the sections having to do with acceleration.

Here's what the X-Touch encoders should look like in the .mst file:
Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Encoder b0 10 7f [ < 41-47 > 01-07 ]
	FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
	Toggle 90 20 7f
WidgetEnd
...the "[ < 41-47 > 01-07 ]" part in the brackets has to do with the encoder acceleration. Add those to your encoders in the .mst file if they're not already there.

What that's saying is: CCW turns will transmit values of 41 through 47 depending on speed and CW turns will transmit values of 01 through 07 depending on speed. Note: double check on your device, these were from my X-Touch One.

Then in your .zon files, you can add custom acceleration curves like this...
Code:
Rotary|    MCUTrackPan  [ (0.005,0.01,0.025,0.034,0.05,0.075,0.10) ]
The 7 values in the parenthesis indicate the slowest turn speed on the left all the way to the fastest turn speed on the right. Note: the brackets are required, so use the same syntax. If your surface has 7 speeds, then make sure you have 7 values.

What's nice about this approach is you can change the acceleration to suite your tastes, and even change it per parameter.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:14 AM   #2290
MixMonkey

Quote:
thanks for reply.

my mst looks like this though: (the generic MCU mst installed with CSI)

Widget Rotary1
Encoder b0 10 7f [ > 01-0f < 41-4f ]
FB_Encoder b0 10 7f
WidgetEnd
I suspect the 'real' MCU has more acceleration steps than the X-Touch. Little practical difference in reality though.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:23 AM   #2291
d. gauss

how are you guys dealing with "zero-ing" a fader when using a controller? i.e. a mouse double click on fader resets it to zero. how are folks doing that on an X touch/MCU?
Old 05-09-2022, 07:27 AM   #2292
Funkybot

Quote:
how are you guys dealing with "zero-ing" a fader when using a controller? i.e. a mouse double click on fader resets it to zero. how are folks doing that on an X touch/MCU?
Here's an example of RotaryPush being used to reset a fader (note: this surface is all rotaries, so this makes sense for that):

Code:
RtrPushA|	TrackVolume [ 0.716 ]
... the [ 0.716 ] is the Reaper under-the-hood value with the fader at unity gain (0db). And having it in the brackets treats it as a stepped parameter so you could assign that to a button, or a combination of buttons.

For instance, maybe you've got RotaryPush assigned to flip between Pan and Pan Width, so you can't use that...well, maybe add a modifier. You could try something like this:

Code:
Shift+RotaryPush|       TrackPan [ 0.5 ]        // Center pans
Option+RotaryPush|      TrackWidth [ 1.0 ]      // Make pan width 100%
Alt+RotaryPush|         TrackVolume [ 0.716 ]   // Reset fader to unity gain
Note: if you're using the MCUTrackPan action versus the regular track pan, it will probably eat up the RotaryPush action in the Track zone. So you may need to tweak that and go back to the traditional TrackPan, or just assign to a different button entirely.

Last edited by Funkybot; 05-09-2022 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:00 AM   #2293
Navelpluisje

Quote:
new question and i searched long and hard for this one to no avail.

how do you toggle the fx chain window for the master track? the command mapped to F6 below (from someone else's zone) only opens the window but doesn't close it. similarly, the command below that is mapped to F5 only toggles the master FX chain IF the master track is selected first. i just want to see my master fx pop up then disappear with the click of a button no matter what the track selected is.
------------
F6 Reaper "40846" // Show FX Chain for master track
F5 Reaper _S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN // Toggle Show FX Chain
Here is a small script for toggling the master fx chain. You can alter it to your needs:
Code:
function main()
  local masterTrack = reaper.GetMasterTrack(0);
  local fxChainVisible = reaper.TrackFX_GetChainVisible(masterTrack)

if fxChainVisible == -1 then
    reaper.TrackFX_Show(masterTrack, 0, 1)
  else 
    reaper.TrackFX_Show(masterTrack, 0, 0)
  end
end

main()
Navelpluisje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:32 AM   #2294
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelpluisje View Post
Here is a small script for toggling the master fx chain. You can alter it to your needs:
Code:
function main()
  local masterTrack = reaper.GetMasterTrack(0);
  local fxChainVisible = reaper.TrackFX_GetChainVisible(masterTrack)

if fxChainVisible == -1 then
    reaper.TrackFX_Show(masterTrack, 0, 1)
  else 
    reaper.TrackFX_Show(masterTrack, 0, 0)
  end
end

main()
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-09-2022, 11:19 AM   #2295
d. gauss

you can just paste that code right into the buttons zone file or does it need something special in CSI?
Old 05-09-2022, 11:31 AM   #2296
Navelpluisje

Quote:
you can just paste that code right into the buttons zone file or does it need something special in CSI?
Nope. You have to take the next hurdle:
  • In the menu go to [Actions] > [Show Actions List...]
  • Click [New Action] > [New ReaScript...]
  • Give it a proper name like 'Toggle Master FX Chain.lua'
  • The editor opens. You can paste the code over there.
  • Press the [Start] button. This saves and triggers the action. Clicking it multiple times should make the FX chain pop up and disappear.
  • Congratulations with your new action.
  • Close the editor window and search for your newly created action in the action list
  • Right mouse click the action and select [Copy Selected Action Command ID]. This copies the action id to the clipboard
  • Add the actionId to the corresponding place in your zone file.

Refresh the surfaces and your good to go
Navelpluisje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:45 PM   #2297
d. gauss

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelpluisje View Post
Nope. You have to take the next hurdle:
  • In the menu go to [Actions] > [Show Actions List...]
  • Click [New Action] > [New ReaScript...]
  • Give it a proper name like 'Toggle Master FX Chain.lua'
  • The editor opens. You can paste the code over there.
  • Press the [Start] button. This saves and triggers the action. Clicking it multiple times should make the FX chain pop up and disappear.
  • Congratulations with your new action.
  • Close the editor window and search for your newly created action in the action list
  • Right mouse click the action and select [Copy Selected Action Command ID]. This copies the action id to the clipboard
  • Add the actionId to the corresponding place in your zone file.

Refresh the surfaces and your good to go
Old 05-12-2022, 03:51 AM   #2298
xeonblack

Default CSI 1.1 Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch Extender

Hello! The VU Meter of the channels on my Behringer X Touch does not show signal level when I pan the signal to the left, but if I pan the signal to the right everything works.

If instead of CSI 1.1 I download Mackie Control Universal everything works fine, any suggestions how to fix this?
xeonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:09 AM   #2299
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonblack View Post
Hello! The VU Meter of the channels on my Behringer X Touch does not show signal level when I pan the signal to the left, but if I pan the signal to the right everything works.

If instead of CSI 1.1 I download Mackie Control Universal everything works fine, any suggestions how to fix this?
Try this action instead:

Code:
VUMeter|         TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR
Old 05-13-2022, 05:41 PM   #2300
xeonblack

Quote:
Try this action instead:

Code:
VUMeter|         TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR
Thank you very much, it`s work!
xeonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:24 AM   #2301
chinpou

Is there a way to map a button double-press to an action?

I quite like a lot of things about Klinke, and I'd like to try and recreate it with CSI. One of the things I like is pressing Stop twice moves the edit cursor to the nearest bar.

Thank you!
chinpou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:54 AM   #2302
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinpou View Post
Is there a way to map a button double-press to an action?

I quite like a lot of things about Klinke, and I'd like to try and recreate it with CSI. One of the things I like is pressing Stop twice moves the edit cursor to the nearest bar.

Thank you!
No double press actions. That would require delaying all actions to determine if there will be a second press before running them, which is not something I think will be added to CSI based on prior comments.

But you can have one button string two actions together, or use a modifier to expand what the Stop button does. Example: Shift+Stop to run the stop action then move edit cursor.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:39 AM   #2303
Equitone

Default Differences between config files for V1.0 and V1.1

Are there any? I ask because I tried running 1.1, and it doesn't work as expected. I'm using an X-Touch.
Thanks.
Equitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:54 AM   #2304
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Are there any? I ask because I tried running 1.1, and it doesn't work as expected. I'm using an X-Touch.
Thanks.
Huge changes between v1 and v1.1. See this page:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...-in-version-11

CSI v2 will build off these with some additional syntax changes, but not quite so many or fundamental changes as 1 to 1.1.

If you want to post your CSI v1.0 files, it would probably take me all of five minutes to convert those to v1.1 files.

Last edited by Funkybot; 05-15-2022 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-15-2022, 12:28 PM   #2305
Equitone

FB Many thanks for offering to do this.
Here's a link to my CSI folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/guj1qhe7o...C99W6LGOa?dl=0
Lots of files there, but using XTouch.
Thanks so much
Old 05-15-2022, 12:48 PM   #2306
Funkybot

Quote:
FB Many thanks for offering to do this.
Here's a link to my CSI folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/guj1qhe7o...C99W6LGOa?dl=0
Lots of files there, but using XTouch.
Thanks so much
Here you go. Please delete your BrhingerXTouch folder (back it up first - but you don't want to end up with duplicate files) then install this one in its place. Let me know if anything doesn't work!

A few changes:

1. FX Zones are now in their own subfolder - this is because the surface zones are now 9 files - so I didn't want them all mixed up together.

2. Shift+Send takes you to the new receive zone

3. In the FXMenu zone, Shift+RotaryPush push bypasses the FX slot

4. In the FXMenu zone, Option+RotaryPush takes the FX in that slot offline

...everything else is exactly as you had it setup.

Note: attached is the BehringerXTouch zone folder and nothing else. All your other files and folders can stay the same if this is the only zone folder you use in your setup.

Last edited by Funkybot; 09-28-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2022, 12:58 PM   #2307
chinpou

Thanks for the help Funkybot. I'm movin along in my poor man's klinke for mac... one issue I"m running into:

I've created a "Scrub" zone:

Quote:
Zone "Scrub"
JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper "41292" //Move cursor left 2 pixels
JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper "41288" //Move cursor right 2 pixels

Shift+JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper "40320" //Nudge time selection left edge left 2 pixels
Shift+JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper "40321" //Nudge time selection left edge right 2 pixels

Option+JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper "40322" //Nudge time selection right edge left 2 px
Option+JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper "40323" //Nudge time selection right edge right 2px

Shift+Option+JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper "40039" //Nudge time selection left 2px
Shift+Option+JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper "40040" //Nudge time selection right 2px

Scrub GoZone Buttons
ZoneEnd
How do I get Reaper to tell the Scrub LED light to turn on?

I promise I've been reading through the manual!

Thank you
Old 05-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #2308
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks for the help Funkybot. I'm movin along in my poor man's klinke for mac... one issue I"m running into:

I've created a "Scrub" zone:

How do I get Reaper to tell the Scrub LED light to turn on?

I promise I've been reading through the manual!

Thank you
Zone feedback isn't implemented yet. We were literally just discussing that in the last hour. MixMonkey uses the DummyToggle actions in SWS extensions to fake zone feedback. You basically just assign the DummyToggle action to the button on the surface and hope that it stays in sync.

So something like this:

Code:
Scrub     GoZone "Scrub"
Scrub     Reaper "_S&M_DUMMY_TGL1"
In your Scrub zone, you'd need this to turn the toggle off...

Code:
Scrub    GoZone "Home"      // or whatever zone you're trying to get back to
Scrub     Reaper "_S&M_DUMMY_TGL1"
...if you Go Home via another button, the feedback would likely fall out of sync.

But some form of Zone feedback may be coming soon now that Geoff has an X-Touch Universal with button feedback for everything!
Old 05-15-2022, 01:17 PM   #2309
Equitone

Quote:
Here you go. Please delete your BrhingerXTouch folder (back it up first - but you don't want to end up with duplicate files) then install this one in its place. Let me know if anything doesn't work!

A few changes:

1. FX Zones are now in their own subfolder - this is because the surface zones are now 9 files - so I didn't want them all mixed up together.

2. Shift+Send takes you to the new receive zone

3. In the FXMenu zone, Shift+RotaryPush push bypasses the FX slot

4. In the FXMenu zone, Option+RotaryPush takes the FX in that slot offline

...everything else is exactly as you had it setup.

Note: attached is the BehringerXTouch zone folder and nothing else. All your other files and folders can stay the same if this is the only zone folder you use in your setup.
Thanks so much. I feel another donation to the project coming on, as I can't benefit you personally.
Gratitude!!
Old 05-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #2310
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks so much. I feel another donation to the project coming on, as I can't benefit you personally.
Gratitude!!
Yes, please! I'd rather Geoff get a donation. And you're very welcome!
Old 05-15-2022, 01:27 PM   #2311
Equitone

Quote:
Yes, please! I'd rather Geoff get a donation. And you're very welcome!
Hmm, not working. Should I have changed anything in the .mst file?
Old 05-15-2022, 02:26 PM   #2312
Funkybot

Quote:
Hmm, not working. Should I have changed anything in the .mst file?
Not if the old .mst file was working.

So nothing is working at all? If so, that's odd.

Did you remove all your old BehringerXTouch files? You don't want to add these files into your existing BehringerXTouch folder, you want to completely delete the old BehringerXTouch folder and use the new one. Otherwise, CSI may be reading the "old" files and not seeing the new ones. In fact, I'd probably suggest you archive your entire CSI folder "Zones" folder with all the other surfaces you're not using, then add only the new BehringerXTouch zone folder and the MCU zone folder from the CSI v1.1 zip file. Start fresh. If you don't need all those extra zone folders, get rid of them.

Now, if you did that and it's still not working, try a few more things:

1. Open the XTouch_Home.zon file and add quotes around the word "Home". I'm pretty sure it's not that, but who knows! If that doesn't fix it...

2. Launch Reaper, go to Preferences > Control/OSC/Web > CSI > Edit...then delete and re-add the X-Touch One. Maybe the CSI.ini format changed, and I just forgot about it.

3. If that still doesn't work, use the MCU.mst and MCU zone folders from the CSI v1.1 build. Does that work?

4. If no...make sure you downloaded CSI v1.1 and not the CSI EXP builds. The EXP build is for version 2.0 and is not compatible with these zones. CSI v1.1 can be found here:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip

5. As a last resort, go back to v1 where things were working. Honestly, this is probably not the best to migrate from v1 to v1.1 with v2 right around the corner. Might be best to just hold off for v2 to go live, which could be in a few weeks. With Geoff owning an X-Touch now, you can probably rest easy knowing that CSI v2 will come with good X-Touch files.

Last edited by Funkybot; 05-15-2022 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:35 AM   #2313
Equitone

Panic over. I now have 1.1 installed correctly. I backed up the CSI folder, and rebuilt from scratch.
You're a legend!
Old 05-16-2022, 06:51 AM   #2314
Funkybot

Quote:
Panic over. I now have 1.1 installed correctly. I backed up the CSI folder, and rebuilt from scratch.
You're a legend!
Great news! I'm glad I didn't mess up the files!

The good news is that the syntax changes are a lot smaller from CSI version 1.1 to 2. Those changes are mostly about how zones are named and activated.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:17 AM   #2315
Equitone

I'm left with only one problem, which is not really to do with the version of CSI. I generally leave my XTouch on all the time, but quite often, when I launch Reaper, it does nothing, and does not respond to fader movements etc. Shutting down Reaper, power cycling the XTouch solves this so it's not life changing, but if there's something I could do to fix it, or at least understand why it happens, I'd be glad to hear it.
Thanks yet again.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:22 AM   #2316
Funkybot

Quote:
I'm left with only one problem, which is not really to do with the version of CSI. I generally leave my XTouch on all the time, but quite often, when I launch Reaper, it does nothing, and does not respond to fader movements etc. Shutting down Reaper, power cycling the XTouch solves this so it's not life changing, but if there's something I could do to fix it, or at least understand why it happens, I'd be glad to hear it.
Thanks yet again.
Are you connecting via USB? If yes, you may want to see if modifying your Power Management settings in Windows to not suspend USB helps. See this page:

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en...nected-Devices

Otherwise, try a different USB port or hub or even cable.

Just recently, my X-Touch One had an issue where I had to cut power and restart the unit to get it to respond, but that's the only time it ever happened to me that I can recall in having the unit for a few years now. Otherwise, it just stays connected and works.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:36 AM   #2317
Equitone

No problem. I'll crack on with trying all those, although I suspect power management may be the problem.
Thanks.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #2318
chinpou

Quote:
Thanks yet again.
I'm having this issue, too. My setup: Mackie MCU Classic > Focusrite Clarett 8Pre Midi In/Out > MacOS 12.3.1

I've tried rebooting my interface and MCU, using Reaper's force control surface refresh action. For me, the only thing that works is a full reboot of my iMac.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:57 AM   #2319
chinpou

I'm trying to use Flip to swap faders and rotaries, so the faders control the tracks' panning and rotaries control the tracks' volume. Right now, it's only working for the first track on my Mackie Control Classic. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
Zone "Channel"             
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper|                       TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|                       TrackPanDisplay
    Fader|Touch+DisplayLower|           TrackVolumeDisplay
    RotaryPush|                         GoZone PanWidth|
    Rotary|                             TrackPan "0"
    Shift+Rotary|						TrackPanL
    Option+Rotary|						TrackPanR
    RecordArm|                          TrackRecordArm
    Solo|                               TrackSolo
    Hold+Solo|                          ClearAllSolo
    Hold+Solo|                          TrackSolo
    Mute|                               TrackMute
    Select|                             TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select|                        TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select|                        TrackToggleVCASpill
    Hold+Select|                        Reaper "_RSfb24e4c256c0b877394d10638a3373a4679c29d2"              //Show/hide children of selected tracks
    Shift+Select|                       TrackRangeSelect    
    Control+Select|                     TrackSelect
    Shift+Control+Select|               TogglePin
    Fader|                              TrackVolume
    VUMeter|                            TrackOutputMeter
    Flip                                Reaper "_S&M_DUMMY_TGL4"
    Flip                                GoZone ChannelFlip|
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "ChannelFlip"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayLower|                       TrackVolumeDisplay
    Fader|Touch+DisplayLower|           TrackPanDisplay
    RotaryPush|                         GoZone PanWidthFlip|
    Rotary|                             TrackVolume
    Fader|                              TrackPan "0"
    Flip                                Reaper "_S&M_DUMMY_TGL4"
    Flip                                GoZone Channel|
ZoneEnd
Thank you!
Old 05-17-2022, 08:13 AM   #2320
Funkybot

Quote:
I'm trying to use Flip to swap faders and rotaries, so the faders control the tracks' panning and rotaries control the tracks' volume. Right now, it's only working for the first track on my Mackie Control Classic. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything that sticks out as wrong in terms of the CSI syntax.

You may be able to "fake" it by doing something like this with a modifier...
Code:
Zone "Channel"             
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper|                       TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|                       TrackPanDisplay
    Fader|Touch+DisplayLower|           TrackVolumeDisplay
    RotaryPush|                         GoZone PanWidth|
    Rotary|                             TrackPan "0"
    Fader|                              TrackVolume
    Shift+Fader|                        TrackPan "0"
    Shift+Rotary|                       TrackVolume
    Shift+DisplayLower|                 TrackPanDisplay
    Shift+Fader|Touch+DisplayLower|     TrackVolumeDisplay
ZoneEnd
...not EXACTLY what you're looking to do, but absent being able to explain why it's not working, that's the next best thing I can think of.