Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
frozen
Human being with feelings

Default I'm having trouble with Loopazoid and configuring multi out vst

Hello,
I'm trying to use Loopazoid to play drums from a MIDI pattern. I want it to do that fancy thing where all the drums are in their own tracks. I've read the thread in Q&A on Multi out VSTi templates and aslo read the post by Talisman that was referenced also. I've read the Wiki on this topic too and I still can't make it work.

I loaded this track template taken from the Q&A thread;

http://www.cockos.com/forum/attachme...8&d=1175430500

(LoopazoidDrums.RTrackTemplate)

I load in my drum samples in Loopazoid for the appropriate MIDI note after checking in the MIDI editor to make sure I have the right notes. I also made sure each drum is assigned to the appropriate output, and I hear the sound for each one when I trigger them in the Loopazoid UI. (This is with the VST track armed.) My MIDI file is in the track above the VST track.

When I hit play, there's no sound.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've been pulling my hair out with this issue, trying different sample players etc. Working at this for hours, and if I can just get this, I can finally start making music. Thank you very much for your help!
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
flight

Frozen,
Did you ever get this to work? Just saw your post, and it's now a couple days old. Not sure I can help, but I did get Loopazoid working recently, so I'll give it a shot...

If I read your post correctly, you have checked with the piano roll that the keys you think should trigger drum sounds actually do, and you've checked the routing out so your midi tracks have someplace audible to go.

One thing I noticed when I was setting Loopazoid up was that the piano roll keyboard starts at position C0, while the Loopazoid keyboard starts at C-2, putting them two octaves out of phase. So when I thought a C-1 note coming from the MIDI controller should trigger a sample, I actually needed a C-3 note, and had to move the positions in Loopazoid to get them mapped correctly. You say you can trigger sounds from the Loopazoid interface. Can you trigger them from the piano roll? And are they where you think they should be? If not, that may be the problem, and you may have some mapping to do.

The only other thing I can think of is are FX enabled in the tracks you're using? I know it's obvious, but it's kind of like when the TV doesn't work, make sure it's plugged in. Hope this helps some.

flight
flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
frozen

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping you would see this thread, since I saw in another post that it looked like you had success with Loopazoid. The octave difference may be a problem. I'll try checking that and try to trigger them from the piano roll, I never thought of that
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight
One thing I noticed when I was setting Loopazoid up was that the piano roll keyboard starts at position C0, while the Loopazoid keyboard starts at C-2, putting them two octaves out of phase. So when I thought a C-1 note coming from the MIDI controller should trigger a sample, I actually needed a C-3 note, and had to move the positions in Loopazoid to get them mapped correctly. You say you can trigger sounds from the Loopazoid interface. Can you trigger them from the piano roll? And are they where you think they should be? If not, that may be the problem, and you may have some mapping to do.flight
please make your vote here: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3604
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #5
flight

Dandruff,
Did so. Thanks for letting me know there was a vote on about it.

f
flight is offline   Reply With Quote