Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-22-2024, 12:29 AM   #4161
helgoboss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmalle View Post
If by "fallback mappings" you mean a preset, that is exactly what
doesn’t work. It doesn’t fall back to the preset defined before activating auto-load. Instead, it loads the preset <None>.
No, i don't mean preset. I mean the mappings that you add manually (or via import) while the preset is <None>.
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:50 AM   #4162
pcmalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
No, i don't mean preset. I mean the mappings that you add manually (or via import) while the preset is <None>.
OK. Then I misunderstood the whole concept. I thought Auto-load was meant to switch
between presets, so I could have a “Normal” preset for controlling tracks, and other presets for controlling FX.
pcmalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:44 AM   #4163
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmalle View Post
OK. Then I misunderstood the whole concept. I thought Auto-load was meant to switch
between presets, so I could have a “Normal” preset for controlling tracks, and other presets for controlling FX.
Not the whole concept, just the part about fallbacks. Normally, it *switches* between presets. But it *falls backs* to the mappings that you have defined before auto-load. If in doubt, always consult the user guide, it's explained there (though might need more clarification).

This behavior is probably not ideal and can be improved.
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:16 AM   #4164
pcmalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Not the whole concept, just the part about fallbacks. Normally, it *switches* between presets. But it *falls backs* to the mappings that you have defined before auto-load. If in doubt, always consult the user guide, it's explained there (though might need more clarification).

This behavior is probably not ideal and can be improved.
I did consult the user guide, but obviously didn’t understand it the right way.
Thanks for your clarification.
pcmalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:06 AM   #4165
dna598

Can someone kindly explain to this sysex noob how to use the information presented:

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

set encoder display (from DAW):
F0 00 00 00 4E 2C 1i 4E 22 1t 4A 2a 1a 4D 2d 1d F7   

F0 00 00 00 4E 2C 1B 4E 22 10 4A 23 1C 4D 25 12 4D 26 15 4D 27 13 4D 26 1F F7 (write ctrl name display)
            ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^
           device-id     type  address     data     data     data     data
                i=11   	  t=0     a=61    d='R'    d='e'    d='s'    d='o'
                     ctrl nam  ctrl 16

F0 00 00 00 4E 2C 1B 4E 22 13 4A 21 1C 4D 25 12 4D 26 15 4D 27 13 4D 26 1F 4E 22 14 F7 (write/show total display)   
            ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ 
           device-id     type  address     data     data     data     data    show
                i=11   	  t=3     a=28     d='R'    d='e'    d='s'    d='o'  total
                        total   middle                                     display
		      display 2nd line	

F0 00 00 00 4E 2C 1B 4E 22 14 F7 (show total display)
F0 00 00 00 4E 2C 1B 4E 22 15 F7 (hide total display)

answer (from EC4):
F0 00 00 00 4E 2C 1B F7 (device-id)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am simply trying to get the parameter readouts from track volumes/plugins to the appropriate encoder mapping. Just one example feedback script for volume would massively help. Helgoboss is too busy, and i am none the wiser so far. Even if it's obvious to a pro.
Sorry to have to ask (again), but i guess this is what the forums are for. Thanks.

ps.

edit: i have attached all the docs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip faderfox EC4 sysex docs.zip (58.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by dna598; 03-23-2024 at 07:20 AM.
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #4166
leajuas

Default Bringing together 2 sources into one target control

First of all, I really thank you for such an excellent and versatile tool, it gives so many ideas to make things that I'm almost astounded hehe...

But so, what I want to do, might already be somewhere on already made presets, but I'm not so sure how to search...
As a first use, for example, I would like to make a Send Midi Message that would have its Note changed by the Source chosen, but that would have its velocity coming from another Source...
so I was thinking I could make the other Source sent to a "Set compartment value" Param "x", and then from there take its info into the Midi message... but how do I pick that info as a variable? is there a shorter way?
if I use the "y" variable on the "edit multi-line" on the pattern would it work? Im here on the timid side because you say on the User guide that scripting would only work on the feedback side....

The other use I have for it, is for making an "octave up/down" or "cent up/down" changer, that could spread upon all keys mapped, etc...
I hope that the examples make sense, thanks for you reading!!
leajuas is offline   Reply With Quote