Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-04-2020, 07:40 AM   #1
Darthiss
Human being with feelings

Default How to always control dynamic with a fader for every track

Hello!

I'm using Reaper in Windows 10 x64.
I started to do some orchestral music with the Spitfire BBC Discover orchestra vst.

I recently bought a Korg NanoKontrol2 and I intended to use it to control the dynamics and expression envelopes. (and eventually something else, but that as a start)

I want to know if there is a way to ALWAYS control dynamics with the same fader, on every track, without having to click on "MIDI LEARN" for each one.

I would love to add a new track, a new plugin, and to have everything ready to record the dynamics and expression envelopes.

PS: I already downloaded the Korg Kontrol Editor, and set up two faders to be cc11 and cc1.

Thank you very much!
Darthiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
Dark Fader

Under "actions" you can assign a control to "last touched track" or "selected tracks". Would either of those work for you?
Dark Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
kimi1

Default Control dynamics in MIDI editor

HI,
Is there a way to control dynamics in MIDI editor by using faders, and not in main panel?
I already know how to do this by using a pencil tools or with Shift+Click and then set points (see image) or set curve shape. However, I would prefer to use my Nanokontrol2 to "draw" dynamics curve (or expression, or any other CC curve I need).

Thanks,

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png MIDI_Dynamics.png (43.6 KB, 108 views)
kimi1 is offline   Reply With Quote