Old 05-05-2021, 03:24 PM   #1
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Default TCP index number fixed position?

I have seen that in some themes the track index number sticks to the top of the tcp at a fixed position without centering vertically when zooming the track (like it usually does in most themes). How can I achieve that? I thought it was possible by setting specific values for the 2nd and 4th coordinate of tcp.trackidx.margin but apparently that doesn't lock it into place.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:01 AM   #2
olkash i psih

set tcp.trackidx [50 10 45 25 0 0 0 0] top
set tcp.trackidx [50 10 45 25 0 1 0 1] bottom
set tcp.trackidx [50 10 45 25 0 0.5 0 0.5] middle

"tcp.trackidx.margin: Track index margins (l,t,r,b) + alignment (alignment is 0 for left, 0.5 for center, 1 for right)" - its only about text inside trackidx rectangle
olkash i psih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:01 AM   #3
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
I have seen that in some themes the track index number sticks to the top of the tcp at a fixed position without centering vertically when zooming the track (like it usually does in most themes).
Fixed track index is what Reaper does. If you're mostly seeing vertically centred track index, that's probably because you've been mostly looking at themes that are reskins of the Default5 or Default6 themes, and if you want to change things within their WALTER, it is going to be very difficult. But it sounds like you haven't seen most of the vast range of themes that are out there, so maybe you'll have more fun by casting a wider net?

This is Reaper with its clothes off:

...which you can see by making a blank text file and changing its extension to .ReaperTheme.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:18 AM   #4
Phazma

@olkash i psih thank you, didn't remember to check those, had them [ x x x x 0 0 0 1]. After changing to [x x x x 0 0 0 0] I was able to make it look like I want!

@White Tie thanks for the information. Yes I have seen it before, quite amazing how radically that can be changed. Actually I started by wanting to do a few edits to the I Logic theme but over time I ended up erasing most of the WALTER and rewriting it by myself, except for some more complicated lines which I don't understand how they work but do something I like and those I just copy. But I agree when having to change something there it gets very difficult. The part in question here was actually more of an untouched relic of the original theme and I agree that this wouldn't have occurred had I written everything myself from the beginning.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote