Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #12681
DeBased
Human being with feelings

is there an official CSI logo?
DeBased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 05:23 PM   #12682
DeBased

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBased View Post
is there an official CSI logo?
... I've created one (will reveal when my mod beta launches).
Old 04-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #12683
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBased View Post
... I've created one (will reveal when my mod beta launches).
Haha, look forward to seeing it
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #12684
Geoff Waddington

Thinking about the few requests for receives that have shown up recently.

Also been pondering CSI inconsistency between EuCon Sends/FX and Midi/OSC Sends/FX mapping.

It really boils down to x vs y, row vs column, etc.

Say you have an 8 channel controller.

The way we map Sends now (except EuCon) is to take the Sends for the selected Track and spread them out on a set of surface controls -- let's use the 8 Pan pots on the 8 channel controller as an example.

Ok, let's call that x layout -- side to side -- the Sends are laid out left to right on the Pan pots.

We could also easily envision a layout where (like EuCon) you don't need to select a Track, the Sends for each track are always displayed -- the difference is, only one Send for each track is displayed -- you need to navigate in the up - down direction -- the Y direction -- to get to a different Send for a Track.

So in the Y layout, the 8 Sends shown on the Pan pots will be for the respective tracks -- Pan pot 1 has a Send for the Track on Channel 1, Pan pot 2 associates with the Track on Channel 2, etc.

Right now we use for X layout:

Code:
SelectedTrackNavigator
MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
MapSelectedTrackReceivesToWidgets -- to be added
MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets
MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
We just need something for Y layout:

Code:
TrackNavigator
MapTrackSendsToWidgets
MapTrackReceivesToWidgets
MapTrackFXToWidgets
MapTrackFXToMenu
We already have the notion of TrackNavigator and it is syntactically and programmatically spot on for this usage.

Looks like we just need the new Y mapping Actions and we are good.

Actually, if you think about it, the Y layout also needs an up/down pair of navigation buttons to navigate up and down the "slots".

I think if we do this, we will satisfy a whole bunch of feature requests.

See any holes ?

Comments ?

Suggestions ?
Old 04-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #12685
DeBased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Haha, look forward to seeing it
not long now .

does anyone know of a native Linux or MacOS call to fade in/out a window? the equivalent of Windows' 'AnimateWindow()':
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-animatewindow?
Doesn't seem to be in WDL.

Or is there a way to apply window alpha (and I can do the fading myself)? eg. Windows()' layered windows:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ndowattributes
Old 04-22-2021, 01:57 PM   #12686
Funkybot

Quote:

Also been pondering CSI inconsistency between EuCon Sends/FX and Midi/OSC Sends/FX mapping.

The way we map Sends now (except EuCon) is to take the Sends for the selected Track and spread them out on a set of surface controls -- let's use the 8 Pan pots on the 8 channel controller as an example.

Ok, let's call that x layout -- side to side -- the Sends are laid out left to right on the Pan pots.

We could also easily envision a layout where (like EuCon) you don't need to select a Track, the Sends for each track are always displayed -- the difference is, only one Send for each track is displayed -- you need to navigate in the up - down direction -- the Y direction -- to get to a different Send for a Track.

So in the Y layout, the 8 Sends shown on the Pan pots will be for the respective tracks -- Pan pot 1 has a Send for the Track on Channel 1, Pan pot 2 associates with the Track on Channel 2, etc.

Code:
SelectedTrackNavigator
MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu

Code:
TrackNavigator
MapTrackSendsToWidgets
MapTrackFXToWidgets
MapTrackFXToMenu
We already have the notion of TrackNavigator and it is syntactically and programmatically spot on for this usage.

Actually, if you think about it, the Y layout also needs an up/down pair of navigation buttons to navigate up and down the "slots".

See any holes ?

Comments ?

Suggestions ?
How would we navigate from Send 1 on Track to Send 3 without changing the channel? Eucon has dedicated buttons for this. Do we need new CSI actions to allow for something like this:

Code:
Shift+ChannelLeft     BankSendSlot -1
Shift+ChannelRight    BankSendSlot +1
EDIT:
On second read, just saw your sentence about navigation. You thought of it already!
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:55 PM   #12687
poetnprophet

I like it, Geoff. It does open up some things in a good way for sure, making me rethink things again here
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #12688
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Is it possible to use SelectedTrackNav AND FocusedFX for the same surface?

I normally have a "channel strip" setup for all tracks and use the C4 for those fx when I select the track.

I'd like to have some FX map to the C4 when the FX is open and focused. I simply added the line into the C4 zone, and setup the FX zon file.

This only works when I first open the project AND I open/focus the FX first. The fx zon maps to the C4. But if I then select another track, go back to the plugin, the mapping is gone and won't come back.

What am I doing wrong?
reposting this, and also regarding the PIN function, does anyone else get a duplicate track show up on their surface but not actually in Reaper?? It duplicates the last onscreen track it seems
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:59 PM   #12689
MixMonkey

Quote:

Code:
SelectedTrackNavigator
MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu

Code:
TrackNavigator
MapTrackSendsToWidgets
MapTrackFXToWidgets
MapTrackFXToMenu

See any holes ?

Comments ?

Suggestions ?
Sounds great! It'll be very useful for building can mixes!

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what would MapTrackReceivesToWidgets actually do?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #12690
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what would MapTrackReceivesToWidgets actually do?
This may sound like a smart ass answer but it's honestly not meant to be: it does the same as map track sends to widgets, only you'd be able to map the receive level for a track instead. So instead of dealing with sends on the selected track, you'd be able to select the Aux track and adjust the Receive levels there.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:13 PM   #12691
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
This may sound like a smart ass answer but it's honestly not meant to be: it does the same as map track sends to widgets, only you'd be able to map the receive level for a track instead. So instead of dealing with sends on the selected track, you'd be able to select the Aux track and adjust the Receive levels there.
So "map the receive level for a track" - that's the fader level on the track that's being sent to?
Old 04-22-2021, 04:34 PM   #12692
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
So "map the receive level for a track" - that's the fader level on the track that's being sent to?
Receives are just the inverse view of Sends.

Suppose you took Track 2 and added a Send to Track 15.

If you go to Track 15 you will see that a Receive from Track 2 has been automatically added.

The faders in both GUIs match, adjust one, you're adjusting the other.

It's just sometimes more convenient to view things from the Receives perspective, hence the feature requests
Old 04-22-2021, 06:55 PM   #12693
Funkybot

Quote:
Just to add to what Geoff said, imagine you want to adjust the "singer's" headphone mix. You can either select the various tracks one by one and change the send levels (MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets), or just select the singer's headphone bus track, map the receives, and adjust all the send levels feeding the headphone bus in one go. Just a faster workflow depending on what you're trying to.

If you're trying to send your vocal to a verb bus and a separate delay bus, you'd want the current state. If you're trying to create a whole new headphone or monitor mix for the vocalist, you'd probably appreciate being able to use the receives approach.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:53 PM   #12694
Nos402

First let me say THANK YOU! I'm so glad someone in the Behringer Xtouch thread told me about CSI. It's made the Xtouch leaps and bounds cooler. I dove right in a did a bunch of customizing to my own preferences and workflow such as:

-Commented out the "OnTrackSelection" commands in Zone Home so that it stays on the Home Zone when selecting tracks

-Fixed "Volume Nudge Up" by changing "_ZENAKIOS_NUDGEITEMVOLUP" to "_XENAKIOS_NUDGEITEMVOLUP"

-Added Control+Select as "TrackSelect" so I could select multiple non-adjacent tracks

-Mapped the unused "Track" button to "_XENAKIOS_RESETTRACKVOLANDPAN1" so I could easily set a selected track back to 0db. I wanted to just reset the volume, but the only command I could find was the SWS Extension command to reset volume and pan.

-Mapped Shift, Option, Control, and Alt + "MidiTracks" to be the 4 different MIDI record modes (Overdub, Replace, Touch-Replace, and Latch-Replace)

-Mapped "Outputs" button to open the Routing window

-Switched the "Show Master FX Chain" to the "Flip" button since that wasn't being used and is just above the Master fader so that made more sense to me

-Added Option+"Click" to toggle pre-roll record

-Added Shift+Stop as "Pause,"

-Changed the FF/Rewind buttons to the Reaper "FF/Rewind a little bit" which makes them jump a little further than the default FF/Rewind CSI commands which seem to basically be the same as a jog wheel turn, so it seemed more useful to have a couple of different amounts you could travel.

I noticed that there are functions mapped to Shift+ the various automation modes to set the Global Overrides, but nothing works when mapped to (any modifier) + (any automation mode key). Is this a limitation in the Xtouch itself in that it just doesn't allow the automation keys to take a modifier?

Also before I knew about CSI, the default out of the box operation seemed to allow the jog wheel to operate at 2 different sensitivities, with/without the "Scrub" button. Is this somehow possible in CSI?

Is there any way to map a button select a specific input? I'm guessing not since there is no command for that in Reaper, likely since every interface will have different inputs and outputs, but I was hoping maybe some kind of simple "Select input 1" or "Select input 2."

I hope this is the right place to ask all this. I'm still VERY new to it and am just figuring stuff out by reverse engineering the .zon file and experimenting but I'm loving it and having a blast figuring out how to do cool things with it! Now to continue wading through the 318 pages of this thread and see what I can turn up!

Last edited by Nos402; 04-23-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Nos402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:31 AM   #12695
MixMonkey

Quote:
Receives are just the inverse view of Sends.

Suppose you took Track 2 and added a Send to Track 15.

If you go to Track 15 you will see that a Receive from Track 2 has been automatically added.

The faders in both GUIs match, adjust one, you're adjusting the other.

It's just sometimes more convenient to view things from the Receives perspective, hence the feature requests
Ah, got it! I've never really used that receive fader, but now I see what you're all talking about.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:36 AM   #12696
MixMonkey

Quote:
Just to add to what Geoff said, imagine you want to adjust the "singer's" headphone mix. You can either select the various tracks one by one and change the send levels (MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets), or just select the singer's headphone bus track, map the receives, and adjust all the send levels feeding the headphone bus in one go. Just a faster workflow depending on what you're trying to.

If you're trying to send your vocal to a verb bus and a separate delay bus, you'd want the current state. If you're trying to create a whole new headphone or monitor mix for the vocalist, you'd probably appreciate being able to use the receives approach.
Thanks for the elaboration I get it now. I still think like a large format analogue console guy sometimes (despite having used DAWs for 20+ years)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:14 AM   #12697
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks for the elaboration I get it now. I still think like a large format analogue console guy sometimes (despite having used DAWs for 20+ years)
I'd never seen someone work that way either until I watched a video someone posted here of the X32 being used for live monitor mixes. But once I saw it, it clicked that it would be a great feature add for some of those types of use cases.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:03 AM   #12698
airon

A receive navigator would be pretty sweet for setting up send levels for an entire scene of dialogue.

Right now I use a row of MFT knobs in absolute mode, midi-learned to send volumes across selected tracks. That has its perks, but having all the reverb send sources layed out at once would be amazing as well.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:22 AM   #12699
LugNut

Hi@nos42,

In regards to setting an input,you can try to use ReaConsole....part of sws I think.
I used it to set inputs when I turned my hui into an MCU using MidiTranslatorPro.
Been awhile since I set it up but it works
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:41 PM   #12700
Nos402

Oh wow! Thanks! I didn't know about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi@nos42,

In regards to setting an input,you can try to use ReaConsole....part of sws I think.
I used it to set inputs when I turned my hui into an MCU using MidiTranslatorPro.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #12701
Nos402

Works perfectly! I used the SWS Cycle Actions to set up new actions, then set CSI to have Shift+F1 set the selected track to Input 1, Shift+F2 Input 2, and Shift+F3 to 3/4. Then just as another option, I set up a separate SWS Cycle Action and assigned that to the "Inputs" button to just cycle through those same 3 inputs (I may not keep this one but just wanted to see if I could do that). Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi@nos42,

Old 04-24-2021, 05:21 AM   #12702
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos402 View Post
Works perfectly! I used the SWS Cycle Actions to set up new actions, then set CSI to have Shift+F1 set the selected track to Input 1, Shift+F2 Input 2, and Shift+F3 to 3/4. Then just as another option, I set up a separate SWS Cycle Action and assigned that to the "Inputs" button to just cycle through those same 3 inputs (I may not keep this one but just wanted to see if I could do that). Thanks!
Setting the inputs for tracks from the surface with CSI. I would love that feature !! Any chance you could share how exactly you do that ?
Thank you
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:44 AM   #12703
Nos402

First you have to have SWS Extensions installed. Then in Reaper under Extensions>Cycle Action Editor you have to set up your ReaConsole actions. I had never messed with any of this before and just started here: https://www.standingwaterstudios.com/reaconsole.php

I set up 3 actions in the Cycle Action Editor:
CONSOLE i1 (Selects Input 1)
CONSOLE i2 (Selects Input 2)
CONSOLE i3s (Selects the stereo pair 3/4 which I use when I want to route my system sound through my DAW)

Once you set those up and "Apply" them, those actions will show up in the Reaper action list (Shift+?) under whatever you put in the "Cycle Action Name" field.

As with all actions you can right click and "Copy selected action Command ID."

Then you can edit your CSI .zon file and map it a button. So for me I added "Shift+F1 Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_1" and then Shift+F1 selects Input 1 on the selected track. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Setting the inputs for tracks from the surface with CSI. I would love that feature !! Any chance you could share how exactly you do that ?
Thank you
Old 04-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #12704
Funkybot

Quote:
First you have to have SWS Extensions installed. Then in Reaper under Extensions>Cycle Action Editor you have to set up your ReaConsole actions. I had never messed with any of this before and just started here: https://www.standingwaterstudios.com/reaconsole.php

CONSOLE i3s (Selects the stereo pair 3/4 which I use when I want to route my system sound through my DAW)

Once you set those up and "Apply" them, those actions will show up in the Reaper action list (Shift+?) under whatever you put in the "Cycle Action Name" field.

Then you can edit your CSI .zon file and map it a button. So for me I added "Shift+F1 Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_1" and then Shift+F1 selects Input 1 on the selected track. Hope that helps!
I added this to the Tips and Tricks page of the Wiki. Great idea. Thanks!

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ips-and-Tricks
Old 04-28-2021, 06:06 AM   #12705
Cragster

Quote:

Thank you for this and Funkybot for the wiki. This works beautifully
Old 04-28-2021, 06:23 AM   #12706
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Fabulous !!

Could you also add a descending one and assign it to a widget so that you could go back and forth like banking Tracks ?

Code:
    Control+BankLeft   Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_UP
    Control+BankRight  Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_DOWN
That might be cool...

[edit] Ooops just realized that won't work unless you could synch the 2 current positions...

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 04-28-2021 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:37 PM   #12707
Nos402

Yeah, as far as I know there's no way to "track" it so the cycle option is one rotating cycle globally as well.

For example:
Track 1= Input 1
Track 2= Input 2
Track 3= Input 3/4

Cycle Track 1 (nothing happens as it always starts by selecting Input 1)
Cycle Track 1 (Now it changes to Input 2)
Cycle Track 1 (Now it changes to 3/4)

Cycle Track 2 (It changes from Input 2 to Input 1 since Input 1 was the next in the Cycle action)

Cycle Track 2 (It now advances to Input 2)

Cycle Track 3 (Nothing happens since it's current on Input 3/4 and Input 3/4 is the next Cycle action)

Cycle Track 3 (changes to the next cycle action, Input 1)

I doubt I'll use this as selecting the direct input seems a better method but I just wanted to play with this and see what was possible.

Quote:
Fabulous !!

Could you also add a descending one and assign it to a widget so that you could go back and forth like banking Tracks ?

Code:
    Control+BankLeft   Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_UP
    Control+BankRight  Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_DOWN
That might be cool...

[edit] Ooops just realized that won't work unless you could synch the 2 current positions...
Old 04-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #12708
MixMonkey

Quote:

....and the corpse of the stack stirs briefly before returning to its dark slumber...
Old 04-29-2021, 08:20 PM   #12709
Nos402

Default How to "Escape" to close floating windows

Here's something that seems simple but is baffling me. I can't figure out how to assign the Cancel key to close floating windows. Using the KB, ESC will close any focused floating window but in the Actions List the only action ESC is mapped to is "Clear all time selection points." I do see a command to Toggle Show All floating Windows, which will probably work fine, but the ESC key only closes the focused floating window.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:04 PM   #12710
Funkybot

Quote:
Here's something that seems simple but is baffling me. I can't figure out how to assign the Cancel key to close floating windows. Using the KB, ESC will close any focused floating window but in the Actions List the only action ESC is mapped to is "Clear all time selection points." I do see a command to Toggle Show All floating Windows, which will probably work fine, but the ESC key only closes the focused floating window.
If you search "close window" in the action list, there's some SWS actions for closing FX windows, including limiting them to the selected track if needed. But yeah, nothing specific to "close focused FX window." You can even close all BUT the focused window using those SWS actions! If it were absolutely necessary, I'm sure an action could be scripted.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #12711
strangy

Quote:
I noticed that there are functions mapped to Shift+ the various automation modes to set the Global Overrides, but nothing works when mapped to (any modifier) + (any automation mode key). Is this a limitation in the Xtouch itself in that it just doesn't allow the automation keys to take a modifier?

Also before I knew about CSI, the default out of the box operation seemed to allow the jog wheel to operate at 2 different sensitivities, with/without the "Scrub" button. Is this somehow possible in CSI?

!
Just tried to use Shift+Read/Touch/Latch - and they not working. But Shift+Group (switches all tracks to Latch preview mode on X-Touch) works fine. I also notice that Group button always lit, while other auto mode buttons only light when corresponding auto mode is selected. Tried to assign Reaper actions on Shift+Write, but nothing happen.

Can i do something to make it work?

Just started to dig deeper into CSI, any advice will be helpful!
strangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #12712
Nos402

As far as I can tell, the Automation buttons just won't take modifiers (shift, option, etc.) Certain other buttons ("Inputs", for example, if I recall correctly) can take a modifier BUT also execute the normal non-modified function.

So if you map:
"Inputs"=Function 1
"SHIFT+Inputs"=Function 2

Then pressing SHIFT+Inputs executes Function 1 and Function 2.

I'm wondering if any of this could be altered in the .mst file, but that thing way beyond my level of knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangy View Post
Just tried to use Shift+Read/Touch/Latch - and they not working. But Shift+Group (switches all tracks to Latch preview mode on X-Touch) works fine. I also notice that Group button always lit, while other auto mode buttons only light when corresponding auto mode is selected. Tried to assign Reaper actions on Shift+Write, but nothing happen.

Can i do something to make it work?

Just started to dig deeper into CSI, any advice will be helpful!
Old 05-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #12713
strangy

Quote:
As far as I can tell, the Automation buttons just won't take modifiers (shift, option, etc.) Certain other buttons ("Inputs", for example, if I recall correctly) can take a modifier BUT also execute the normal non-modified function.

So if you map:
"Inputs"=Function 1
"SHIFT+Inputs"=Function 2

Then pressing SHIFT+Inputs executes Function 1 and Function 2.

I'm wondering if any of this could be altered in the .mst file, but that thing way beyond my level of knowledge.
Do you mean this is a problem of X-Touch itself?
Old 05-02-2021, 04:22 PM   #12714
Nos402

Quote:
Do you mean this is a problem of X-Touch itself?
I honestly don't know if it's a limitation of the Xtouch or if it's something that could be addressed in the .mst file. I don't know how to mess with the .mst file at all.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:44 AM   #12715
strangy

Quote:
I honestly don't know if it's a limitation of the Xtouch or if it's something that could be addressed in the .mst file. I don't know how to mess with the .mst file at all.
I figured out that using Reaper action instead if CSI action "TrackAutoMode" allow me to use modifier keys on auto modes!

Now my setup is

Code:
     Read                     Reaper		40401 		// Automation: Set track automation mode to read
     Write                    Reaper		40403		// Automation: Set track automation mode to write
     Trim                     Reaper		40400 		// Automation: Set track automation mode to trim/read
     Touch                    Reaper		40402		// Automation: Set track automation mode to touch
     Latch                    Reaper		40403		// Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to latch
     Group                    Reaper        42023		// Automation: Set track automation mode to latch preview

Shift+Read               Reaper         40086      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to read			
     Shift+Write              Reaper         40882		// Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to write
     Shift+Trim               Reaper         40878      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to trim/read
     Shift+Touch              Reaper         40880      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to touch
     Shift+Latch              Reaper         40881      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to latch
     Shift+Group              Reaper         42024      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to latch preview
With this setup I can select automation mode for individual tracks, for selected tracks (also not working with CSI actions) and for all tracks with Shift modifier.

The downside is that buttons always lit and I missed a feedback. I compensate it replacing MCUTrackPanDisplay in "Channel" zone
Code:
DisplayLower|			TrackAutoModeDisplay
Old 05-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #12716
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I figured out that using Reaper action instead if CSI action "TrackAutoMode" allow me to use modifier keys on auto modes!

Now my setup is

Code:
     Read                     Reaper		40401 		// Automation: Set track automation mode to read
     Write                    Reaper		40403		// Automation: Set track automation mode to write
     Trim                     Reaper		40400 		// Automation: Set track automation mode to trim/read
     Touch                    Reaper		40402		// Automation: Set track automation mode to touch
     Latch                    Reaper		40403		// Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to latch
     Group                    Reaper        42023		// Automation: Set track automation mode to latch preview

Shift+Read               Reaper         40086      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to read			
     Shift+Write              Reaper         40882		// Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to write
     Shift+Trim               Reaper         40878      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to trim/read
     Shift+Touch              Reaper         40880      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to touch
     Shift+Latch              Reaper         40881      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to latch
     Shift+Group              Reaper         42024      // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to latch preview
With this setup I can select automation mode for individual tracks, for selected tracks (also not working with CSI actions) and for all tracks with Shift modifier.

The downside is that buttons always lit and I missed a feedback. I compensate it replacing MCUTrackPanDisplay in "Channel" zone
Code:
Hmmm...

I use modifiers here with automation and they work just fine.

Make sure you are using a SelectedTrackNavigator for the Track ones, that's all, then you can get feedback too
Old 05-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #12717
Cragster

Quote:

Now my setup is

Code:

Code:
See post #1023 of this thread. Your zone should look like that
Edit: sorry its post 1023 of the other CSI thread. Devices Setup Help
Old 05-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #12718
Geoff Waddington

Posting this in the CSI discussion thread because we want a generalized solution, if possible.

The new SCE24 has a ton of controllable parameters.

Because of this there will be a special Zone type -- SCZone.

It would be nice to design this new Zone type in as general a way as possible to allow for future expansion, as well as porting to other "esoteric" controllers.

Suggest using the simple key value pairs approach were the key is the parameter name and the value is simply the collection of values needed for the parameter.

For instance you might want to use a Zone file entry to set the LED ring and Bottom light colours for a particular widget.

Suggest a syntax like:

Code:
SCZone "VST: Blah, etc. SomeFX" "Reverb"
    SomeEncoder    Param "3"
                   RingColor 0 127 127
                   BottomColor 32 120 57
    AnotherEncoder Param "6"
SCZoneEnd
Comments, suggestions, always welcomed.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:47 PM   #12719
Funkybot

Quote:
Suggest a syntax like:

Code:
    SomeEncoder    Param "3"
                   RingColor 0 127 127
                   BottomColor 32 120 57
    AnotherEncoder Param "6"
SCZoneEnd
Comments, suggestions, always welcomed.
On first glance, it looks simple enough, which is great. But how does that syntax look when you start adding in some of the displays?
Old 05-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #12720
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
On first glance, it looks simple enough, which is great. But how does that syntax look when you start adding in some of the displays?
It gets as verbose as necessary in the vertical direction:

Code:
    SomeEncoder    Param "3"
                   RingColor 0 127 127
                   BottomColor 32 120 57
                   AnotherParam 34
                   YetAnotherParam 23
                   StillAnotherParam 87 76 87
    AnotherEncoder Param "6"
SCZoneEnd
We are running out of delimiters after the Param -- we've used up {} () [], etc., and are running out of room, need to change strategy.

This is pretty extensible without getting verbose, except when it is necessary to get verbose