Old 07-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #1801
AtmanActive
Human being with feelings

-1 for presets. I find the best usage value in dragging it while listening to playback.

IMHO, having the relative movement is more of a nuisance than a benefit. It would be much clearer to just use it absolutely, like a pan slider, and set the range manually in the config.
AtmanActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #1802
Klangfarben

Just FYI, everyone here does realize that track delay is actually a separate plug-in and not built-in to Track Inspector (or Reaper), correct?

Last edited by Klangfarben; 07-08-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #1803
_Stevie_

Yes and maybe I should also point out that the "track delay" jsfx bundled with Reaper is only an audio solution. No MIDI delay is happening here. As a result chord detection for guitar plugins won't work.

Bottom line is: we should push this thread here, which suggests a MIDI track delay:
https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219042
Old 07-08-2019, 11:46 PM   #1804
AtmanActive

_Stevie_, while we're on the subject, do you know of any time_adjustment equivalent for MIDI?
AtmanActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:09 AM   #1805
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtmanActive View Post
_Stevie_, while we're on the subject, do you know of any time_adjustment equivalent for MIDI?
It is all in that thread. We don't have a good solution yet.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:48 AM   #1806
hopi

thanks HeDa.... found it... damn I must be blind, sorry for missing that and now I have a reasonable bar height

PS... if you want to see something funny, load up one of those monster project templates that have a hundred sends and receives and see what ya get in the TI

I have big monitors but even so there is not enough room for them all....
not a normal problem for me as I don't usually have so many tracks

Last edited by hopi; 07-09-2019 at 03:53 AM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:27 AM   #1807
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
PS... if you want to see something funny, load up one of those monster project templates that have a hundred sends and receives and see what ya get in the TI
yes... the receives list can become a bit large... too much scrolling.
what do you propose then? filter the receives display by name or something?
Old 07-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #1808
hopi

I have no proposal, well maybe one idea...

as it is now, when we scroll or lengthen the list of receives, is affects all the other sections of the TI, ... i.e., eventually the meters become unusable...

So a 'maybe' solution would be that the sections of the sends and receives both be scroll able by them selves without affecting the other TI panels.

That would make sense but don't know if that is even possible...

Like I said, for me personally its not a huge problem as I don't use project templates that have so many S and R's....
At the same time, I guess it would be a problem for those that do use projects with that many S and R's....

So OK, let's think a little more on it... Let's imagine those two sections could become scroll able on their own... then we'd want to have something to set how many sends and receives show before we need to scroll... like show 4 or 5... that way it would keep the rest of the TI workable.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:47 PM   #1809
_Stevie_

Hey HeDa!

Do you think it would be possible to have an additional special track tag for “tracks with items”, namely “tracks with items between time selection”?
Old 07-18-2019, 02:57 AM   #1810
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Hey HeDa!

Do you think it would be possible to have an additional special track tag for “tracks with items”, namely “tracks with items between time selection”?
Yes it is possible. Itshould be already there. Isn't it? ItemsTS.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:41 AM   #1811
_Stevie_

Oh shit, that's what ItemTS means??? I'm sorry, completely overlooked that. Shame on me!
Old 07-18-2019, 04:04 AM   #1812
heda

Quote:
Oh shit, that's what ItemTS means??? I'm sorry, completely overlooked that. Shame on me!
LOL... Maybe I should rename it to ItemsInTimeSelection? or something? But it was too long.

I'm a bit busy lately and not updating as I wanted. I have some things half done, and working on some updates for HeDaMixer too.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:50 AM   #1813
_Stevie_

No, keep it that way, ItemTS is great! As soon as I knew what it is, it made completely sense, LOL
Old 07-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #1814
Arthur McArthur

I've been diving into using this script instead of the docked mixer track. It has proven to be a great replacement except for a few things: mainly how it interacts with track FX. One of the things I love about the mixer is the ability to click and drag an FX from one track onto another. Since I don't think this is possible in scripts (unless Julian's API opens this up?)... I think we could really use a right-click context menu for track FX. It would be handy if we could customize the entries, but I use something like:

Bypass
Delete
Copy (including automation)
Paste
-----
(List of favorite FX to insert... either inserting it at the end of the chain, or placed after the currently highlighted track FX if there is one)

Here's a quick gif showing the benefits of the method: https://imgur.com/a/Zz5Oths

What do you think? Any interest in implementing something like it?
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:52 AM   #1815
heda

Hello Arthur

Dragging FX inside the window is used to reorder FX in the chain. If you keep dragging outside the window and drop on another track, it will copy the FX to that track. But right now it is not visually indicated while dragging to another track due to some limitations to change the mouse cursor outside the script window. So it works but not perfect. I think a menu with Copy and Paste would be good too.
About favourites list... It could be integrated with the list from the Track Templates script. I have a favourites folder in the normal Add FX window, which is enough for me. Also the most used ones, I use keyboard shortcuts.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #1816
_Stevie_

Hey HeDa! Got a very small request... Love the feature, when you can click on the tags and the view jumps to the first track of that tag. Could we have that as actions? Would be super duper!
Old 07-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #1817
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Hello Arthur

Dragging FX inside the window is used to reorder FX in the chain. If you keep dragging outside the window and drop on another track, it will copy the FX to that track. But right now it is not visually indicated while dragging to another track due to some limitations to change the mouse cursor outside the script window. So it works but not perfect. I think a menu with Copy and Paste would be good too.
About favourites list... It could be integrated with the list from the Track Templates script. I have a favourites folder in the normal Add FX window, which is enough for me. Also the most used ones, I use keyboard shortcuts.
I use this function all the time, thanks once again! It's not a problem for me that it has no cursor indication, would be awesome to be able to move fx from one track to another the same way, by holding alt (pc) or cmd (mac).
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #1818
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
Hello Arthur

Ah that's great that the drag to copy FX already works. Having a favorite FX list accessible via right-click would be huge! And integrating it with Track Templates would definitely make sense. Thanks for looking into it!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:56 AM   #1819
Alez156

Hello, Heda!! Again, thank you so much for making this. This has been a crucial tool lately in a bunch of big sessions I have had!

I wanted to ask if there are any settings or something I should check in order to get the most performance out of it?

I am noticing it is causing some lag in my sessions. And after I close it, performance improves a lot. I want to use this, I really do, but the lag is kinda getting in the way.

Here's a recording on a blank project: https://cl.ly/1ee00f9fd1e7
Just selecting tracks and moving things around seems more fluid without track inspector

I already disabled all kinds of meters too and plugins. Not sure what else I can do
Alez156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:20 AM   #1820
heda

Alez156. Thank you. I think the lag is because when changing track it creates a send to the hidden Track Inspector track needed for the RMS and EBUR128 meters. If you don't need the meters you can disable them in the Meters panel menu. Then the send won't be created. Try that and see if it is faster. I'll add normal meter like in HeDaMixer, that won't need creating sends.

_Stevie_, and Skorobagatko I have an update coming for you later today
Old 07-26-2019, 03:26 AM   #1821
Alez156

Yeah I thought it could be that and I disabled it all. I even made a custom start-up action so it deletes the send track the inspector makes as soon as the session opens.

https://cl.ly/a940ebdc8611

Anything else I could try?

Also, having problems with sends where it won't go all the way down: https://cl.ly/696b13ca816f
Wish the "MIDI ALL" thing was centered

Thank you really for your hard and amazing work though. I was some versions behind and you are improving so much. Love these new tag features and this new theme looks great!
Old 07-26-2019, 04:34 AM   #1822
heda

Alez156
in your screen capture.. I see you disabled EBUR128, but you still should disable Show RMS meters, shows peaks, and show peak hold. Because that also needs the send.. if both are disabled then the send is not created, so you shouldn't need custom action to delete the send.

mmmm MIDI sends are not really working as MIDI volume now. There are some settings in the global settings page to control the min and max values for the sends.(Sends Minimum dB, and Sends Maximum dB) But for MIDI sends. it should be from 0 to 127 instead right?
Old 07-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #1823
_Stevie_

Awesome, thanks Hector! And you should release it now! It feels very final to me.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #1824
heda

Default v1.4rc29 (2019-07-26)

Small update. Which one will be released first... REAPER 6 or Track Inspector v1.4?

You need to generate the actions again to include the new one to scroll to first track with tag.

* v1.4rc29 (2019-07-26)
+ Tags: added actions: scroll to first track in tag.
+ Dragging FX to another track: tooltip while dragging over tracks.
+ Dragging FX to another track: ALT drop to move FX into the track.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:48 AM   #1825
_Stevie_

Awesome thanks HeDa! Just tried it and it works, but I forgot about a little detail, sorry!

Just asking if you could add that little detail:
Could the scrolling not only scroll to the first tagged track but to the first visible tagged track? Let me explain why:

I have folders hidden, but when I scroll to the first tagged track, this will be the folder. So it selects a hidden track.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:14 AM   #1826
heda

Default v1.4rc30 (2019-07-28)

Taking care of small details
let me know if it works now as expected

* v1.4rc30 (2019-07-28)
# make "scroll into first track with tag" only for visible tracks in TCP.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #1827
_Stevie_

Wohooo, works as expected! Thanks a bunch HeDa
Old 07-28-2019, 02:38 PM   #1828
_Stevie_

Quote:

* v1.4rc29 (2019-07-26)

+ Dragging FX to another track: tooltip while dragging over tracks.
Btw, is there a setting I'm missing? The tooltip doesn't show here.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:48 AM   #1829
heda

strange... it is not perfect, but I can see it...
Old 07-29-2019, 08:06 AM   #1830
Skorobagatko

Quote:
strange... it is not perfect, but I can see it...
Wow, that's perfect, thank you!
Old 07-29-2019, 10:08 AM   #1831
_Stevie_

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Tooltips in general work, but not on drag & drop. The FX gets copied, too:

https://i.imgur.com/cfVcgs8.gif
Old 07-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #1832
Alez156

Hola de nuevo, Heda!

I am very sad I cannot use this script without lagging and slowing down my workflow. I notice the playback head looks all stuttery and dealing with MIDI feels like a very heavy load.

I now assigned a shortcut to open/close track inspector so I can close it when I am not using it. Not ideal but the difference is very noticeable once I close it. I recorded a video of me closing and opening the script while playing back and editing MIDI.

https://cl.ly/aa0427eecadb

It might be kinda subtle but it is enough for me to feel like my computer is being slow

I have every meter disabled https://cl.ly/6a56fd01ee59

Not sure what else to do. Maybe it's a mac thing? I love this script so much, I would love to use it at its fullest but this slight CPU load is throwing me off. Do you have any other idea I should try?

And like I said earlier I also have deleted the metering track too that it creates by default. I have no idea what else to do

EDIT: I am now trying to see what is causing this behaviour. I actually don't think it's your script. There's just something off about my main REAPER. It is laggier than a fresh install. I tried a fresh install with default theme and track inspector and same session and it works flawlessly. Even with meters on! I also tried it in another fresh install this time with my iLogic theme installed and it works fine as well. Feels very responsive and fast. Again, even with meters on!
I think there is something off about my main REAPER config and I have noooo idea what it is - not sure how to troubleshoot this either but I am trying to see what it is!

EDIT2: I think the problem has to do with iLogic theme and track inspector? I tried on fresh install and track inspector works well with default settings. But as soon as I load iLogic theme config file and use track inspector I start getting lag - however, I can't just change the theme. Cause when I change it to default, same thing happens. So this probably means it is something in the configuration file? in the settings? I don't know, I am about to give up
recording: https://cl.ly/7d6ca3a69de0

Last edited by Alez156; 07-29-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:50 AM   #1833
heda

Alez156
I'm sorry for the problem you are having. I don't have this lag at all on my old Windows computer with a custom theme, with meters and everything. I don't think it is a problem with Track Inspector only. Have you tried other scripts like HeDaMixer VIP for example? Maybe it is a problem with REAPER and Mac OSX. I have seen that there are developing some improvements for OSX lag on the latest pre-releases... Maybe you can try to update to some of the pre-releases. But then if it works well on a default installation without a theme, it is even more strange... We should have to know what is different on the new installation and your configuration that could cause this. Have you changed something about HiDPI mode? Try change settings one by one on the new installation to match changed settings on your normal installation. I would try first to update to latest pre-release. it has some performance tweaks for OSX metal or something like that. Or you could upgrade to Windows just joking Let me know if you find something.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #1834
hopi

I also do not see the tooltips for copy FX to other track
the copy works but no tooltips
Old 07-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #1835
_Stevie_

I think I haven't seen this before:
TI crashes hard, when removing some plugins from the FX list (ALT-click).
I gotta add, that this plugin doesn't seem to work correctly (the GUI doesn't show), but maybe you could add some kind of crash prevention for this case?
https://i.imgur.com/ECYIqFQ.gif
Old 07-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #1836
Skorobagatko

Quote:
I think I haven't seen this before:
TI crashes hard, when removing some plugins from the FX list (ALT-click).
I gotta add, that this plugin doesn't seem to work correctly (the GUI doesn't show), but maybe you could add some kind of crash prevention for this case?
https://i.imgur.com/ECYIqFQ.gif
same issue here
Old 07-31-2019, 01:44 AM   #1837
heda

Default v1.4rc31 (2019-07-31)

Today is a nice day to kill some code bugs
Let me know if it works or if there is some still alive there. Thanks for reporting!

* v1.4rc31 (2019-07-31)
# fix: crash when removing FX in some cases
# fix: issue with ALT dragging.
# fix: crash dragging orclicking FX after some FX has been removed.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #1838
_Stevie_

Dude, it's almost working with the tooltip! However, I have no idea what's going on. Apparently it does only work on one track (the tooltip that is!).
When I move the mouse below or above that track, the tooltip "freezes":
https://i.imgur.com/HgU3OTj.gif

We are close, I can feel it!
Old 08-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #1839
hopi

thanks for the update.... still no visible tooltips when copy an FX to another track in the TCP...
The FX does copy but no tooltip shows while that is being done
Old 08-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #1840
_Stevie_

@HeDa, just in case you missed it. This could potentially break TI in some areas, unless you are not using BR_GetMouseCursorContext_Track()

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=64