Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

View Poll Results: Would you like an themer's haven?
Cool idea! 26 74.29%
No, I need to punish themers in public if they don't deliver what I demand 9 25.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #41
Coachz
Human being with feelings

righto
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #42
karbomusic

Quote:
But if a client told me something "sucked donkey balls" with no irony or banter when I did something bad (and I do bad all the time, that's part of the process) I would be both uninformed about how to do better AND think they were a bit of a dick.
Just looking at the first few responses following my donkey gland comment its discernible that the comment has the tendency to have more power than it should. Proves my point sorta...

Which is that by making my point, only those with the thinner of skins will react and no matter how it is explained thy nerve will be hit and defended. Understand that I don't or at least didn't have the thickest of skins as I watched those around me who did (in amazement I might add) pass right by me as mere words were ineffective on them.

No matter how well it can be explained and proven beyond any doubt that donkey nuts guy is the reason the world isn't a happy place, there are more important things to be affected by. I don't and never have made such comments to anyone in my entire life and I never will (due to my own less than perfect skin thickness) and I don't condone them. Nevertheless, if I have ever learned anything, it is that one is much better off if they can figure out how to not allow mere words to push their buttons in the first place.

I hate rejection personally such as being told no. My best friend growing up literally doesn't compute that word when told to him. He doesn't bottle in and ignore it, it simply doesn't compute as it might to you or I. He is one hell of a salesmen and can sell anything to anybody simply because the I'm hurt neurons don't fire in his brain. There is extreme value in that ability, and is a much faster path to success, or at least less painful regardless of what should otherwise be meaningless arrangements of letters in the alphabet.

As weird as it may sound I'm sharing what I have learned as a lesser skinned individual before anyone elects to roast me over the proverbial coals.

Last edited by karbomusic; 05-09-2013 at 10:01 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #43
karbomusic

Quote:
The student will be in tears, she will never listen to her song again or trust me
It should be obvious that I didn't condone the behavior. However, I challenge any teacher to also teach them and give them the gift of being less affected by the negative words they will inevitably hear over and over in their future. You can't make it not bother them but you can be the spark heading them in that direction giving more than the music lesson which I'm sure you already know. If however, they cannot overcome it, that single thing may very well be their demise, I don't like it, you don't like it but it is true and very important when coming up, to understand IMHO.

The worst thing to do would be to not prepare them and constantly try to shield them from the negativity that is impossible to escape in this business. I know I'm veering a little from your intended meaning above as I'm just rambling a bit but I hope you see the sincerity in the reply.

Last edited by karbomusic; 05-08-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #44
sstillwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
I'm still here. You realise this isn't about me, yeah?
No...because it's all about ME, damn you! ME, ME, ME!!!

*sob*

*sniffle*

*small voice*i want to go home now*/small voice*

Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #45
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstillwell View Post
No...because it's all about ME, damn you! ME, ME, ME!!!

No, it's marsha, marsha, marsha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZHveWFvqM