Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 12-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Mutley
Human being with feelings

Default Can you customise the icons top left of screen

Hi all

My first post here, I am a long time N track and recent Acid user evaluating a VERY interesting DAW application (like wow, this could do it all without the Acid 6 bloat-ware). I see a few other N track users here I recognise too. If it holds up stability wise for me I will be jumping ship, it is so small and powerful.

Anyway, whilst I try and come up with some more serious questions, here's my starter - can you change the icons in the top left of the screen? By change, I don't mean just change the appearance, but customise the functions that you want displayed -add and remove like you would with Microsoft toolbars, that kind of thing?

Its just that some the functions at the moment don't seem that useful to me, I'd prefer to have a render button there for starters.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
Anyway, whilst I try and come up with some more serious questions, here's my starter - can you change the icons in the top left of the screen? By change, I don't mean just change the appearance, but customise the functions that you want displayed -add and remove like you would with Microsoft toolbars, that kind of thing?
No, they're all fixed functions.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
Art Evans
Mortal

I have a distant memory of suggesting some extra buttons up there (labelled 1 - 10 or whatever) that could be assigned with a right click to any action (or three actions?!).
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
teej813

hey Mutley! Welcome to Reaper!

hmmmm.. considering the F key macros Justin just implemented, this is a great idea! If macros can be assigned to F keys, why not to toolbar buttons?

tj