Old 02-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
Count Bassie
Human being with feelings

Default Okay, A Dumb One: Loading Themes!

I've got a couple of these themes, that some of you guys worked on, loaded into my machine. They're Extracted into the Reaper Color Themes folder. Now, How do I get 'em into the Color Themes drop-down menu?

Thanks!

Edit: Allright, I think I have an idea of what I have here. The names of the folders I've downloaded from these threads do appear in the drop-down field of the Preferences window, but sans the .reapertheme extension. When I click on one, the screen blinks, and remains unchanged. I think what I've done is to download sets of icons and bitmaps, which are parts ready to be assembled into themes. Have I surmised this correctly?

If so, I am exposed as a hapless end-user of the work of others... no mods for me today! Back to the woodshop...

-The Grubs

Last edited by Count Bassie; 02-23-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Count Bassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
tonyg

Count Bassie,

When I placed the unique theme folder and the theme file in Reaper's Color Themes folder they automatically showed up in Reaper under "Options>Color Themes".

Not sure why you're not seeing them. Maybe the files are corrupted?

Tony
tonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 AM   #3
teej813

yup. They should be available in a few ways:

- Options > Color Themes
- Pref > Color Theme > Load Theme
- Ctrl-Alt-Pg Up/Down

If they're not showing up, make sure the file extension is .ReaperTheme

teej
Old 02-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
Count Bassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teej813 View Post
yup. They should be available in a few ways:

- Options > Color Themes
- Pref > Color Theme > Load Theme
- Ctrl-Alt-Pg Up/Down

If they're not showing up, make sure the file extension is .ReaperTheme

teej
Thanks for the notes guys. I have the folder icons in the Color Themes folder, and I'm kind of wondering if I should "open" the folder icons, and then copy/paste the contents of those icons back into the same Color Themes folder. See...

...when I open the folder icons, the contents then show up one more level "down" in that Reaper Color Themes folder. Maybe these individual folders' contents should be 'open' and residing exposed, instead of within those folder icons. ?

Am I making any sense? Anyway I'll check my file extensions and if necessary, try what I just said. Thanks again!

You guys are dealing with something of a digidiot here, by the way. A'right...

-The Grubs
Old 02-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
Count Bassie

Aha! They do not say "Reapertheme" at the end of the name. I will try and re-download them. Here I go (whee)...

-The Grubs
Old 02-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
bigwoody

The icons should all stay in their respective folders under Reaper/Color Themes. This will eleminate name duplications and organizational headaches But the Theme files themselves should not be in each folder with the icons, but under the same parent (Reaper/Color Themes. So just to be really specific Under the Reaper/Color Themes folder, you will have a series of icon folders, and the a bunch of individual files with the extension "ReaperTheme". I believe it was designed this way so you could use different icon sets with different themes, and not all icon sets include a related Theme. It is the ultimate mix and match.

Look in you Reaper Program folder, and the Reaper Themes folder will look something like this.

Reaper Themes (Folder)
Acool Icons (Folder)
Morecool_ui (Folder)
Acool.ReaperTheme
Morecool.ReaperTheme

When you download one of these "themes", just make sure that you move the ".ReaperTheme" file out of the icon file and into the root folder. Now look under Options/Preferences/Appearance, and right at the top under UI, you have a check box to let the color theme set the icons, or to choose your favorite icon set here, and the use those icons with which ever Theme you choose.

Kinda long winded but I hope it helps.
bigwoody is offline   Reply With Quote