Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
Klinke
Human being with feelings

Default Mackie Control Klinke Update (v0.8.3)

I have just updated the Mackie Control extension and suggest all users to update to this version. It does not contain new features (beside a more official support of the 2nd controller hack), but different improvements and bug fixes, an improved manual and a lot of new FX maps.
You can find the update in the download section of the bitbucket repository:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker..._mcu/downloads

And I want to use the opportunity to announce that I do not plan to invest a lot of time into the extension in the future. Currently I'm involved in a live playing/improvisation oriented project and therefore I'm using Usine in combination with an own Looper-Software, which I'm currently developing. So the development of the MCU extension is cut down to only important issues (like this update ;-)).
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
musicbynumbers

Thanks for this

As a user of multiple devices, I'm curious what you mean by the 2nd controller hack?

Sounds promising for me to move my 2 main devices upto this version instead of 0.6.4
Old 01-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Thanks for this

As a user of multiple devices, I'm curious what you mean by the 2nd controller hack?

Sounds promising for me to move my 2 main devices upto this version instead of 0.6.4
In the case that you are using for one controller 0.8 and for the other one 0.6.4, then the hack is really useful for you (e.g. I use it for the iPad, so that I have a remote control when I'm recording). I have released it already some time ago, but now it is also described in the manual and I will release in the future always the updates of both extensions at the same time.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:05 AM   #4
musicbynumbers

Ah, I know what you mean now thanks.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #5
Bloomooroom

Thank you very much. I noticed, that the faders move after loading the project much slower to their position. With the version before, the faders "shot" to the positions.
Bloomooroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #6
Icchan

It would be great if you added notification about this new thread to your original thread's first post.

It would make it easier to follow the whole thing.
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
ashasha

I've got a question about assigning actions. I seem to be getting a constant MIDI Channel 1 CC4 signal from my MCU. I looked at it in MIDI-OX and it's spitting this out constantly.

\

Is this normal? I can't imagine that it is. It does it in HUI and MCU mode, but not in Logic mode. It makes it a real hassle to assign actions as you can imagine; even worse I worry about what it is doing in terms of performance to flood the system with MIDI data. I can't even seem to figure out what this data is supposed to be doing.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #8
Klinke

This is the External Controller Message, so I assume that you have attached a foot controller to your MCU.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:37 AM   #9
ashasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
This is the External Controller Message, so I assume that you have attached a foot controller to your MCU.
Have I told you recently just how awesome you are? Because you are. The sad part is that I hooked the stupid thing up quite a while back and had the damn thing stuffed under the desk and forgot about it....obviously not using it at all. Unhooked it and the mysterious data stopped.

Thanks buddy!
Old 02-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #10
jamesd256

I saw your response on the older thread about the second (b) instance support in 8.3, so I tried it out.

What happens for me is not quite as described in the manual

I unpacked the two DLLs (x64) to my plugins folder, and removed any old ones.

Instead of seeing the B instance listed, I see two entries both the same except one says dev 7.7 and the other says dev 4.4.

It makes no difference which one I assign to which controller, I always get the situation that the error is thrown, but that the controllers both work.

The button reaper actions seem to apply to either the first controller added or the 7.7 one, I'm not sure which.

As always thanks. I found the donate button!
jamesd256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:11 PM   #11
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd256 View Post
I saw your response on the older thread about the second (b) instance support in 8.3, so I tried it out.

What happens for me is not quite as described in the manual

I unpacked the two DLLs (x64) to my plugins folder, and removed any old ones.

Instead of seeing the B instance listed, I see two entries both the same except one says dev 7.7 and the other says dev 4.4.

It makes no difference which one I assign to which controller, I always get the situation that the error is thrown, but that the controllers both work.

The button reaper actions seem to apply to either the first controller added or the 7.7 one, I'm not sure which.

As always thanks. I found the donate button!
To be honest, I think I have not checked the 64 bit B instance before the last release. And I don't have access to my MCU before the weekend, but I will check it then. And thanks alot for the donation.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:17 PM   #12
Klinke

Default v0.8.3.4 Update

I have uploaded a new version (0.8.3.4) to bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

In this release several bugs are fixed:
- "Folder view inc parent" setting does not count the folder track when calculating the bank pagination (#15)
- Reduced XML output (to project file) (#21)
- Support of RUDE SOLO led (#13)
- Move to root when return from folder mode to flat mode (#20)
- Freezes when all 8 channel stripes are used as anchors (#5)
Old 07-02-2016, 10:07 PM   #13
Tristan Young

Default LED lights - rational

Hello!

I noticed when Reaper is stopped, the STOP button LED does not illuminate. The PLAY button LED illuminates when playing. If I press PLAY while it's playing, it pauses playback and the STOP LED illuminates.

Would it not be better to have the LED's work like this:

STOP - STOP LED illuminates solid.
PLAY - PLAY LED illuminates solid.
PAUSE - PLAY LED blinks, signifying it's paused and needs to be pressed to unpause.

I also noticed the FFW/FRW buttons don't illuminate at all while being pressed.

In the lower lighting environment of my studio, it would be nice to have at least one of these LED's illuminated at all times, either a solid light or a blinking light. This way I can easily see where the transport controls are, and press the correct button based on the color and solid/blink status.

It seems like the LED's in the transport panel aren't being fully utilized.

So naturally, I'm curious about the rationale behind it.
Tristan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:31 AM   #14
fael097

hey, I'm trying to control reaper from my yamaha 01v96i via klinke, but I'm struggling. some dude reported he did it, but it was a post from 2 or 3 years ago, and nobody else reported anything.

I see that the yamaha receives midi inputs when I installed klinke and enabled it on reaper, but I don't know how to configure the mixer as a controller from the remote layer, it doesn't do anything.

anyone knows how to do so?
thanks
fael097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:44 AM   #15
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Young View Post
Hello!

I noticed when Reaper is stopped, the STOP button LED does not illuminate. The PLAY button LED illuminates when playing. If I press PLAY while it's playing, it pauses playback and the STOP LED illuminates.

PAUSE - PLAY LED blinks, signifying it's paused and needs to be pressed to unpause.

In the lower lighting environment of my studio, it would be nice to have at least one of these LED's illuminated at all times, either a solid light or a blinking light. This way I can easily see where the transport controls are, and press the correct button based on the color and solid/blink status.

What controller are you using? I have the Novation SL MK II (25 key) coming today and the X TOUCH coming next week to test.

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #16
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Young View Post
Hello!

Sorry, I have overseen this post till know.
The rationale from me side: It just was already implemented in this way in the original MCU source code.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #17
SEA

Quote:
I have uploaded a new version (0.8.3.4) to bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

In this release several bugs are fixed:
- "Folder view inc parent" setting does not count the folder track when calculating the bank pagination (#15)
- Reduced XML output (to project file) (#21)
- Support of RUDE SOLO led (#13)
- Move to root when return from folder mode to flat mode (#20)
- Freezes when all 8 channel stripes are used as anchors (#5)
How do I know which version I have? I just downloaded everything from your original link from your first post.

When I right click on the .dll it says "Date Modified 5/25/2016" so I assume this is the latest version correct?

Also, I have the Novation MK II and the X TOUCH coming. Novation uses Automap 4.10. Will these 2 units work together or will their be conflicts? I can also
plan on plugging in 1 unit at a time (for now) since I'm not setup for having both.

Thanks and will donate once I test everything out!

Thanks Klinke for all you do!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #18
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
When I right click on the .dll it says "Date Modified 5/25/2016" so I assume this is the latest version correct?

Also, I have the Novation MK II and the X TOUCH coming. Novation uses Automap 4.10. Will these 2 units work together or will their be conflicts? I can also
plan on plugging in 1 unit at a time (for now) since I'm not setup for having both.
When you add the csurf extension, the version is also shown in the Control Surface dialog. But yes, the version from 5/25/2016 is the latest version.

And I don't expect any problems when you use the Novation MK II at the same time then my extension, but I have never tried that.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #19
OttoPus

Hello Klinke, I just installed the lastest version of the plugin with the lastest version of Reaper (5.24 64 bit) with a QCon Icon, and the control surface lost the "follow track selection" function.

In past versions, when I selected a track in Reaper, the control surface automatically did bank through the faders until it reached the selected track.

Now it only lights up the "Sel" buttons, but I have to manually bank to find the track in the control surface.

Is there any way to make it turn back to the old behaviour? Thank you very much!
OttoPus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:10 AM   #20
Klinke

This can be changed by the "Follow Reaper" Option, that you can adjust with the VPots when you press Shift and Option buttons at the same time. See also section 7.1.7 in the manual.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #21
George Gargalas

Default Problem with the surface(Nanokontrol 2)

Quote:
I have just updated the Mackie Control extension and suggest all users to update to this version. It does not contain new features (beside a more official support of the 2nd controller hack), but different improvements and bug fixes, an improved manual and a lot of new FX maps.

And I want to use the opportunity to announce that I do not plan to invest a lot of time into the extension in the future. Currently I'm involved in a live playing/improvisation oriented project and therefore I'm using Usine in combination with an own Looper-Software, which I'm currently developing. So the development of the MCU extension is cut down to only important issues (like this update ;-)).
How you install Klinke control surface on Mac? i follow the instructions nad paste the folder of klinke in plugins folder but i cant' t find the Mackie Control Universal, (Klinke) in the control surface(Mac)
George Gargalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #22
Klinke

Unfortunately the extension works only with windows.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #23
keviny

Hi there,

I just bought a used Mackie Control Universal (non-pro) and have run into some issues. Not sure if some of these are hardware or Reaper or Klinke-related. If anyone has run into these, please feel free to let me know. I've also made a video demonstrating my issues here: https://youtu.be/H2shRHxw9Tc

Issues w/ MCU (non-pro) firmware v2.1.2 (connected via MIDI to
USB cable) in Reaper running Klinke v0.8.3.4
-------------------

1. On Reaper startup, text is garbled (remnants of "REAPER! Initializing... please wait..." message)

2. Faders don't all snap to their current DAW position. Have to manually use the 'Channel' button on MCU to scroll through each channel to "refresh" its position.

3. Buttons (mute, rec, solo, etc) don't all always correlate. Same solution as above, although sometimes it still doesn't fix.

4. Master fader doesn't snap on load. Since you can't use the 'Channel' button for the master fader, only way to update it is to touch it on MCU or in the DAW.

5. Unity on Mackie = ~+1.5db on Reaper (could be a Klinke or Reaper or hardware issue)

6. Group read doesn't move fader (could be a Klinke issue)

Thanks in advance for any help!
keviny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #24
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviny View Post
Hi there,

I just bought a used Mackie Control Universal (non-pro) and have run into some issues. Not sure if some of these are hardware or Reaper or Klinke-related. If anyone has run into these, please feel free to let me know. I've also made a video demonstrating my issues here: https://youtu.be/H2shRHxw9Tc

Issues w/ MCU (non-pro) firmware v2.1.2 (connected via MIDI to
USB cable) in Reaper running Klinke v0.8.3.4
-------------------

1. On Reaper startup, text is garbled (remnants of "REAPER! Initializing... please wait..." message)

2. Faders don't all snap to their current DAW position. Have to manually use the 'Channel' button on MCU to scroll through each channel to "refresh" its position.

3. Buttons (mute, rec, solo, etc) don't all always correlate. Same solution as above, although sometimes it still doesn't fix.

4. Master fader doesn't snap on load. Since you can't use the 'Channel' button for the master fader, only way to update it is to touch it on MCU or in the DAW.

5. Unity on Mackie = ~+1.5db on Reaper (could be a Klinke or Reaper or hardware issue)

6. Group read doesn't move fader (could be a Klinke issue)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi,
Not sure, but that sounds like the midi USB cable. If you can borrow some sort of real midi interface, it would nail it down.
Except for your # 5... I've seen discrepencys also.
Also a midi feedback loop would show those issues also, but I don't know how that would happen in your setup.
Hth
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:54 PM   #25
themixtape

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but is there any way to make the jog wheel (of the original MCU, not the "Pro" version) scrub by MEASURE? It seems it aligns to the start of each measure every three measures, with every turn (counter-clockwise or clockwise). Kind of useless when you want to just jog quickly from measure 16 to say, 24. I could use markers but I would much prefer to use the jog wheel.

Thanks guys! And thank you Klinke for the great Reaper functionality!
Old 05-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #26
Steviekeys

Hi klinke, I am using version 8.3.4 (latest version?) with a Behring X Touch one and the extra functionality is nice, but the signal meters on channels 4-8 don't work properly. (The same happens with reaper native MCU) Any Ideas? Is it a compatibility thing or a defective unit?
Firmware 1.15 BTW

Thanks
Steviekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:33 AM   #27
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviekeys View Post
Hi klinke, I am using version 8.3.4 (latest version?) with a Behring X Touch one and the extra functionality is nice, but the signal meters on channels 4-8 don't work properly. (The same happens with reaper native MCU) Any Ideas? Is it a compatibility thing or a defective unit?
Firmware 1.15 BTW

Thanks
There are some problems with the level meters when you solo a parent track (the child tracks level meters are not shown in this case), but if you have a flat track layout and the signal meters of channel 4-8 don't work, then it's likely a defective unit.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #28
Julacho

Merci Beaucoup. ça fonctionne parfaitement avec la Behringer XTOUCH one.
Julacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #29
edding

Quote:

Thank you very much for your effort. I've found this solution the best for now.
I have tried 3:
-MCU default by reaper
-CSI
-Klinke

The MCU Editor (Alt+PAN/SURROUND) just worth it to use this solution for now.

The only feature i miss is the ability to select a track in reaper with the mouse and becouse of this the surface can automatically scroll to show any change. If the surface is in a diffent channel bank you cannot see any feedback meanwhile you are manipulating tracks on reaper with the mouse.

MCU reaper default and CSI looks able to do it.

There is any way to address this using Klinke?
edding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #30
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by edding View Post
There is any way to address this using Klinke?
You need to enable the "Follow Reaper" option.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....14#post1976114
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #31
edding

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
You need to enable the "Follow Reaper" option.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....14#post1976114
EDIT: I saw it doesnt work when is selected other folder mode different than flat...
But anyway i can live with this..

Thank you very much!. It works

Last edited by edding; 04-25-2020 at 10:58 AM.
edding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:22 AM   #32
nikguitar

Default Mcu + bcf2000

Hi, im trying to have a mackie universal control and a bcf 2000 as an extender. Having trouble making it work. Should i use the old version of kinkle? (v0.6.4) having trouble finding the old version
nikguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:49 AM   #33
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikguitar View Post
Hi, im trying to have a mackie universal control and a bcf 2000 as an extender. Having trouble making it work. Should i use the old version of kinkle? (v0.6.4) having trouble finding the old version
It's here:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu/downloads/
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:59 AM   #34
sonicbrian

Quote:

Hello, I hope you are well in these strange times and thank you for all your work.
I recently bought a Korg Nanokontrol 2 to have some xtra control during mixing, and have stumbled upon the well known issue of track grouping. I have read that the Klinke control surface version of Mackie fixes that, but although I have installed it as specified, when I go to control/osc/web in preferences, it doesn't even give me the option of adding the Klinke version. What am I missing here?
Thanx in advance!
sonicbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:23 AM   #35
Klinke

Default v0.9.0.5 update

I uploaded v0.9.0.5 yesterday, as usual you can download it from https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

New:

It is now possible to control plug-ins on the master track. You
must select the master track via a self-assigned action or the
mouse, since there is no master track select button on the
hardware.

Bugfixes:

The track count for bank switching was incorrect if Anchors were
set in the Track Settings dialog, but the "Use Anchor" option was
set to No.

Fix for possible crashes when reopening a dialog.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:44 PM   #36
tomo34

Thanks Klinke so much for your work on this project!
tomo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 01:55 PM   #37
darkswan

Digging .9.0.5 release w my x touch
darkswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:26 AM   #38
chinpou

Default Reaper wineskin port just for klinke

Thinking of using Wineskin to run “windows” reaper on my mac just so I can use Klinke. Any Mac users try that?
Looked through the klinke manual last night and it seems ideal for me vs moss/csi.
chinpou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:00 AM   #39
nightscope

Quote:
It is now possible to control plug-ins on the master track.

Awesome.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:47 AM   #40
msoficial

Is there any way to use it on Linux?

Thanks

Quote:
I uploaded v0.9.0.5 yesterday, as usual you can download it from https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

New:

It is now possible to control plug-ins on the master track. You
must select the master track via a self-assigned action or the
mouse, since there is no master track select button on the
hardware.

Bugfixes:

The track count for bank switching was incorrect if Anchors were
set in the Track Settings dialog, but the "Use Anchor" option was
set to No.

Fix for possible crashes when reopening a dialog.
msoficial is offline   Reply With Quote