Old 11-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #121
istominmusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Regarding this problem (shown in the video). I haven't seen this behaviour before here, but would like to repeat it. The buttons you are using to add the FX - can you tell me how they are set up?

On your system - if you add an fx plugin by the built-in FX Browser dialog window - does it do the same?
. I tried to load FX through a regular effects list, but the problem remained. Plugins flash until I change my focus. At the same time - if the plugin is not yet "trained" by the controller - nothing "flashes."

P.S.
It turns out that not all plugins "flash." Those previously trained for CSI. Although I turned off the SCI, they still lead seductively. On this I will completely delete the CSI and then I will be able to confirm this information!

A few more questions:

1. How do I implement feedback in order to send the name of the parameters for the screen to my controller (also the Mackie format). Well, I have it working great at CSI.

2. I can't figure out how to assign controller buttons to layers. Can it be done like "globally"? And then if I, for example, assigned the button A1 to Layer1, A2 to Layer 2 and the rest to Layer 8 (for example). But if I press the A2 button and switch to Layer 2, then all the buttons in it need to be re-assigned. It turns out that in the setup for each plugin, you need to create all the layer buttons each time (the same)?

3. If I am in "PLUGIN" mode, then I cannot work with the track. Switching from the LBX menu every time is not convenient. It would certainly be cool if LBX understood what I was focused on. That is, if I pressed the plugin, then it automatically switched to plugin control. If I clicked on the track, he realized that I was focused on the track and switched myself. Maybe there's this regime? If not, then what is the easiest way to implement switching between "PLUGINS" and "TRACK" modes and other modes?

4. You wrote that you can provide a script that can show and hide the LBX window (whatever it is constantly on the screen).

Thank you very much for your time!)
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #122
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
. I tried to load FX through a regular effects list, but the problem remained. Plugins flash until I change my focus. At the same time - if the plugin is not yet "trained" by the controller - nothing "flashes."

P.S.
It turns out that not all plugins "flash." Those previously trained for CSI. Although I turned off the SCI, they still lead seductively. On this I will completely delete the CSI and then I will be able to confirm this information!

A few more questions:

1. How do I implement feedback in order to send the name of the parameters for the screen to my controller (also the Mackie format). Well, I have it working great at CSI.

2. I can't figure out how to assign controller buttons to layers. Can it be done like "globally"? And then if I, for example, assigned the button A1 to Layer1, A2 to Layer 2 and the rest to Layer 8 (for example). But if I press the A2 button and switch to Layer 2, then all the buttons in it need to be re-assigned. It turns out that in the setup for each plugin, you need to create all the layer buttons each time (the same)?

3. If I am in "PLUGIN" mode, then I cannot work with the track. Switching from the LBX menu every time is not convenient. It would certainly be cool if LBX understood what I was focused on. That is, if I pressed the plugin, then it automatically switched to plugin control. If I clicked on the track, he realized that I was focused on the track and switched myself. Maybe there's this regime? If not, then what is the easiest way to implement switching between "PLUGINS" and "TRACK" modes and other modes?

4. You wrote that you can provide a script that can show and hide the LBX window (whatever it is constantly on the screen).

Thank you very much for your time!)
Hi,

Ok - it would be good to see if the plugin focus issue is CSI related (may be a clash somewhere).

1. What exact controller is it? I would need to check the sysex string format (which are used to send scribble strip data)

2. I'm not sure I'm understanding you fully, but in the Assignment Properties window - there is a button on the top left which shows which layer you are currently on - and assignments will be added to that layer. Clicking the layer button changes what layer you will be adding an assignment to.

If you wish to switch to a different additional layer (purple) - then you can select the layer in the main SK2 GUI.

But if you mean - adding the layer switch buttons - then you should always add those to one of the global layers (green, or even permanent (white)). You can activate a global layer by clicking on one of the global layer buttons in the main SK2 GUI (they are green at the top). When a global layer is active - and you open the properties window by clicking on an empty assignment slot - the layer button should indicate you are on the global layer.

3. There is a setting for this which I've labelled experimental - but it does work fine so far. you'll find the Auto Mode Switch setting in the right-click SETTINGS menu. Tick this option and it should switch between plugin and track modes depending on what window is focused.

4. I'll dig this out tomorrow.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:33 AM   #123
gandjo

Really looking forward to digging in deep with this, I bought an X-Touch straight away after seeing that podcast you did! I don't have much time at the moment though and won't until early next year so I was wondering if there were any example templates? I know it's a hugely variable, personal thing but I think it could be pretty helpful to see what kinds of things you're doing with it. Like really seeing the possibilites of the layers in action, some of the ways modifiers can be employed to do etc
gandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:54 AM   #124
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandjo View Post
Really looking forward to digging in deep with this, I bought an X-Touch straight away after seeing that podcast you did! I don't have much time at the moment though and won't until early next year so I was wondering if there were any example templates? I know it's a hugely variable, personal thing but I think it could be pretty helpful to see what kinds of things you're doing with it. Like really seeing the possibilites of the layers in action, some of the ways modifiers can be employed to do etc
Hi, we've (dev team) spoken about providing templates - and all agreed it would be a good idea. The main issue would be it is difficult to cater for everyone's different setups - so would probably limit it to templates suitable for the XTouch and/or Extender only).

Also - as you mention - most templates are likely a personal preference. The main one I can think of providing is a mixer control surface layout - which would likely be the same for most people. But things like plugins - apart from Reaper stock plugins - it's very hard to know what should be included - there are thousands of plugins (and of course I don't own most of them).

It would be good to set up a repository for (XTouch) plugin templates, but will see how things go...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 11:45 AM   #125
gandjo

A mixer layout would be great to have as a starting point, perhaps including some mappings for stock eq, reverb and compression? Getting in and out of different automation modes, opening envelope lanes, opening/switching plugins etc would also be pretty cool to see in action. Once I have time I'll be giving it a go and will be happy to share mine!
gandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:26 AM   #126
reapero

Can this possibly work with my old Novation Remote SL keyboard? I don't think it can do MCU and so, how could it receive text from the plugins parameters?
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:10 PM   #127
reapero

Updating this thread as Leon made it work! Remote users can make good use of SK2 now. After looking a bit into it, I think it's very well thought and layed out. Possibly a game changer script for me.

Big thanks!
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote