Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
jannis
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper on iMac 24" (M1) with Dante Via - No output signals

Hi,

I'm evaluating REAPER on an iMac 24" with the Apple M1 silicon using a Dante audio network. I'm currently using Dante Via and Dante Controller to wire everything up, since Dante Virtual Soundcard is not available for the M1 chip yet.

My issue, in a nutshell, is: recording works fine but when playing things back, there's never any output signal. The wiring is pretty simple:

3 hardware inputs -> 3 audio tracks
3 audio tracks -> master track
master track -> hardware outputs 1 and 2

I have REAPER configured to use the "Dante Via 16 Channel" audio device.

In Dante Controller, I have the REAPER outputs 1 and 2 connected to my Dante-enabled audio interface (Ferrofish A32 Dante) on input 1 and 2.

And recording works fine, there are audio signals coming in an all three tracks and I see that the master bus meter shows a signal when I play things back. But: nothing arrives at the hardware outputs 1 and 2 (neither does the audio interface show anything on its input meters, nor do I hear anything although the audio interface is configured to send inputs 1 and 2 to its outputs 1 and 2 and those go to a monitoring system).

The exact same setup works with Logic Pro X and Pro Tools.

What could this be? Is this a known compatibility issue (maybe between REAPER and Dante Via?) or has anyone else run into this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT 1: This may better fit into the macOS section, if anyone is able to move it.

EDIT 2: Weirdly enough, I got it to work with the non-ARM version.

Last edited by jannis; 11-12-2021 at 05:35 PM.
jannis is offline   Reply With Quote