Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-30-2020, 06:43 AM   #1
Andaraginga
Human being with feelings

Default Zoom midi part to 100% and *not* get those "jumps"

Hello,

when working on a part in the midi editor and playing it in a loop, I want that part to
* take the whole width of my screen -and-
* not change the view (zoom in and out and make a jump when going from end point to starting point)

I don't get that to work. What actually happens, is this:
When reaching the end of my region "chorus", it makes that jump and changes the view. When working on a midi part, I find that very confusing.

I guess this has to do with the midi editor following the project settings as a whole.
If taking a look at booth the mixer window (above) and the midi editor (below), I can see that there is a difference in how my midi part is displayed.
If I zoom in so that that part/region exactly takes the whole width of the midi editor, it is cut off at the left of the mixer windows. Because of this, it makes that jump in the mixer window and this is followed in the midi editor.

1. How can I avoid that?

2. Can I use zoom settings that are different for mixer window and midi editor so that both parts show exactly a 100% view of my part and none of both make that jump?

3. What is the function of "Options > Sync editor transport to project transport" in the midi editor?
I thought it would do exactly that, but if I zoom in or out in the mixer window, the setting is still replicated in the midi editor?

Thanks for your help.
I hope I didn't overlook the same question somewhere else. If so, please just add a link.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaraginga View Post
2. Can I use zoom settings that are different for mixer window and midi editor so that both parts show exactly a 100% view of my part and none of both make that jump?
Make sure you have MIDI editor timebase set to something else than project synced (ME main menu/View/Piano roll timebase). Then you can zoom independently in main arrange and MIDI editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaraginga View Post
3. What is the function of "Options > Sync editor transport to project transport" in the midi editor?
It syncs the transport controls so that when you use them in MIDI Editor, the main arrange transport will follow.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Andaraginga

Thanks, tried 2 and it works ;-)