Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-03-2020, 01:21 AM   #1
reapercreepers
Human being with feelings

Default Setting up FL Studio as VSTi in Reaper?

I did some keyword searches on the forum to see if anyone posted about this, but I couldn't find anything about my exact issue. If there is already a post like this, I apologize.

So I am trying to install the VSTi version for FL Studio 20 so that I can open it as a VSTi within Reaper.

I checked this post:

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=214487

I made sure to install the latest version of FL Studio 20, but my issue is a little different because when I check my advanced folder within FL Studio 20, the VSTi plugin folder is missing?

There are no problems using VST plugins in general within Reaper though.

I want to be able to compose music using the FLEX orchestral strings, winds, etc which is only available in FL Studio in combination with the plugins I have within Reaper.

I realize that there is a Rewire option, but I can't get that working. I made sure that the proper channels are selected and that my MIDI device is recognized within Reaper, but when I open an instance of FLEX within FL Studio 20 as it is Rewired to Reaper, I will see a signal when I press the keys inside Reaper, but I get no sound at all.

Would it be easier to set up FL Studio as a VSTi instead?

Last edited by reapercreepers; 10-03-2020 at 01:23 AM. Reason: fixed an error with link provided
reapercreepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
solger

Welcome to the Reaper Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercreepers View Post
I made sure to install the latest version of FL Studio 20, but my issue is a little different because when I check my advanced folder within FL Studio 20, the VSTi plugin folder is missing?
What exactly do you mean with 'the VSTi plugin folder is missing?'?

Is there no option to install the plugin version to a VST plugin folder (that is set up in Reaper under Preferences > Plug-ins > VST), as mentioned in this article? https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio...vst_plugin.htm
Or is there a different issue?
Quote:
Installing FL Studio VST

FL Studio asks to install the VST plugin of itself during the installation. However, if you didn't install the plugin version at that time, or you want to install it on more than one host, from the Windows Start Menu, select Programs > FL Studio > Advanced > Install Plugin Version. You will see a dialog where you can set the plugin folder of the host where you want the connection installed.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:19 AM   #3
reapercreepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Welcome to the Reaper Forums!

What exactly do you mean with 'the VSTi plugin folder is missing?'?

Is there no option to install the plugin version to a VST plugin folder (that is set up in Reaper under Preferences > Plug-ins > VST), as mentioned in this article? https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio...vst_plugin.htm
Or is there a different issue?
Well, thank you for the link. I am trying to follow the directions to get this set up properly, but already running into issues.

For example, on my system, I can't find the Programs > FL Studio > Advanced > Install Plugin Version file path when I look within the Windows Start Menu alphabetized under 'P'. All that is listed is Paint 3D, People and Photos.

I could find this file path: C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 20

Another issue is there is no advanced folder at all. It is missing for some odd reason and I never deleted it. There is a Plugins folder that has all the default VSTs and the VSTs that I downloaded from 3rd parties.

So I guess my issue is a little different now that I realize that my advanced folder is completely missing.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
bodfum

C:\Program Files\Image-Line\Shared\Start\Fl Studio 20
bodfum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 01:00 AM   #5
reapercreepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodfum View Post
C:\Program Files\Image-Line\Shared\Start\Fl Studio 20
Thank you for providing this file path.

Is it alright just to use this? Do I need to fix the missing Advanced folder or is this unnecessary?
Old 10-11-2020, 05:52 AM   #6
bodfum

Not sure. I have no advanced folder in my install but the vsti works fine
Old 10-11-2020, 05:57 AM   #7
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercreepers View Post
Is it alright just to use this? Do I need to fix the missing Advanced folder or is this unnecessary?
I'm not using FL Studio, so I'd recommend to contact Image Line support about this directly (if you haven't already): https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-support/

Quote:
Not sure. I have no advanced folder in my install but the vsti works fine
@bodfum:

Do you know in which location the Fl Studio VSTi plugin file was installed to? And how the FL Studio VSTi plugin file itself is named?
So reapercreepers can maybe try to do a file search on the computer for the plugin file name (to check if the file was installed in the first place. And if that's the case: in which folder).

Last edited by solger; 10-11-2020 at 06:20 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:10 AM   #8
reapercreepers

Quote:
I'm not using FL Studio, so I'd recommend to contact Image Line support about this directly (if you haven't already): https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-support/

@bodfum:

Do you know in which location the Fl Studio VSTi plugin file was installed to? And how the FL Studio VSTi plugin file itself is named?
So reapercreepers can maybe try to do a file search on the computer for the plugin file name (to check if the file was installed in the first place. And if that's the case: in which folder).
Yes, I actually contacted support originally but I found more help from users within the main forum. I created a thread there as well for help fixing this issue.

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtop...42807#p1542807
Old 10-11-2020, 08:37 AM   #9
bodfum

Quote:
@bodfum:

The VSTis are named FL Studio VSTi and FL Studio VSTi (Multi). They are both in a folder named ImageLine which is in Program Files/VSTPlugins.

As far as I recall the VSTi was installed with the main programs installer. I didn't have to carry out any other steps. Bare in mind I use the demo version although I don't think there's any difference in the install process.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:36 AM   #10
reapercreepers

Quote:
The VSTis are named FL Studio VSTi and FL Studio VSTi (Multi). They are both in a folder named ImageLine which is in Program Files/VSTPlugins.

As far as I recall the VSTi was installed with the main programs installer. I didn't have to carry out any other steps. Bare in mind I use the demo version although I don't think there's any difference in the install process.
I was able to load the FL Studio VSTi within Reaper. I made another recent post within the image-line forum in that link I posted above.

I'm able to load up the VSTi and load up an instrument from FL Studio and I get a signal when I press the keys on my MIDI controller, but I am still getting no sound.

It is strange because I made sure my MIDI controller is set up correctly within the preferences of both programs and all my track inputs and outputs are set up correctly.

I followed this video tutorial one of the forum members posted step by step but he gets sound but I don't.

So I am still trying to figure this out. It is probably some really obvious thing I overlooked.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:47 AM   #11
bodfum

You need to turn on record monitoring for the FL track in Reaper
Old 10-28-2020, 06:36 AM   #12
reapercreepers

Quote:
You need to turn on record monitoring for the FL track in Reaper
I did that but still no sound.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #13
domzy

are the MIDI controller & the VSTi set to the correct (ie the same) MIDI channel?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:24 PM   #14
davon666

Default rewire fl studio to reaper

Hi everyone, this is a long reach after doing a great amount of research on the topic i cannot seem to find a clear explanation on how to rewire fl studio into Reaper.

Since I found the fl rewire option in the fx section in reaper, by clicking it Fl launches and then when playing some audio in fl-> sounds go straight to the fl mixer output that routes to my speakers.

It seems that fl does no act as a slave.

I read articles about the vst version of fl but yet when I reinstall it I do not see any option to install the plug in version.

The solution to install the fl vst via the advanced folder does not display the same on windows 10, the result in windows menu displays fl studio as the application and no advanced folder.

I understand that this post might be more for some configuration in fl studio but unable to sign up in fl studio forum i come here, having received great support in past in the Reaper forum I hope that someone here has managed this already

thanks again for your help

ps dont know if this make a difference but I am looking to rewire audio and midi from fl studio to reaper. thanks

Last edited by davon666; 01-02-2022 at 03:12 AM.
davon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #15
davon666

Rewire does not work after Fl version 20.6, need to download the file provided on this link ->https://forum.image-line.com/viewtop...eaper#p1516531

and follow instructions.

I am not totally sure yet it is usable but rewire works, sending signal from Fl to reaper

also must be logged in lol super hard to find a sign up for Fl ->https://support.image-line.com/actio...tration/signup
davon666 is offline   Reply With Quote