Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #1081
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
@Jason, I just checked the Symphonic Brass patches and they have finally included the extra articulations in the core patches (for example: the Horn Solo staccatissimo patch is now included in core).
Thanks for pointing that out. I've added it to the solo bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
EDIT2: something to note: the multitongue articulation in all patches is missing the variation slider. Only the single articulation has it. In practice, this means you can't have tripple, quadruple, etc... tongue. I have no idea why Spitfire forgot to include the whole thing in the core patches. Seems such a major oversight.
Yep. Par for the course with SFA quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynsveil View Post
So, if I make this "Whole Enchilada" reabank that includes all articulations for a given instrument (including fx), is that going to confuse the user? But then - OTOH - would they be happy to load (copy/paste) the reabank bit corresponding to individual articulation when they add that in Kontakt, like what's in that "Individual Articulations" folder?
When I did up all my Spitfire libraries for the factory banks, I just created banks for the Spitfire multi-articulation banks (combination palettes as they call them). Notwithstanding cases where they provided individual articulations they neglected to include in the combination palettes -- in those cases, I created an "Extras" bank that included the forgotten articulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserZero View Post
@tack, this is just an amazing system; extremely well thought-out, great design, great implementation. Thanks in advance for the hundreds of hours and untold aggravation this will save me scrolling up and down the piano roll, hunting for keyswitch locations, trying to trigger KSes with my 61-key controller.
Thanks! And you're welcome.

Quote:
I'm planning to stick with the actual names as they're defined by EastWest, e.g., "Sus Vib", "Exp-Leg", "Trill ht", etc. Thoughts greatly appreciated on this subject.
Yes, I think this is a good practice, and I agree with your reasoning that the bank should be comfortable to use for users familiar with the library in question.

Quote:
On the UACC values: If it's documented somewhere, I missed it
You've well and truly figured it out by now, but for future passers-by, it's documented here:

https://reaticulate.com/reabank.html#program-numbers

There is a link to the UACC specification there as well.

Quote:
I understand the motivation for assigning these using a best guess, in terms of making these things more generally-usable. Personally, I'm not convinced that idea can ever really fly as it was originally intended (e.g., to just swap out sample libraries and use the UACC value to match articulations)
It would certainly be a first approximation. May be good for some quick auditioning of different libraries but, yes, that would be fraught with problems.

The main use case for this practice is to have a quick sketching palette with common articulations on a control surface. The control surface can then send the same program numbers (or, in point of fact, CC values, with a CC that is assigned to one of Reaticulate's "activate articulations by CC" actions), and you can get a basic "good enough" sound for sketching purposes, then go back over the MIDI later to finesse the articulation choices. That's the philosophy anyway.

Quote:
Seems there are plenty of holes (no glissando??), so I'm wondering if you folks are working from a different proposed UACC spec.
The UACC spec is not without its problems, no doubt. Plenty of missing articulations across the universal collection of libraries (earlier, Stevie raised the question about portato). Glissando might be covered by 31 (Slow (portamento/glissandi)) however if you're creating a bank for a library that has both glissando and portamento, what to do?

Basically, use your better judgment. It's more an art than a science at that point.

Quote:
My other question is about the 'chase' entry. Is this something specific to Reaper? Are the values in the entry related to the VSTi the bank will be used with? How is this number sequence determined?
Chasing is a fairly standard concept, however the 'chase' attribute in the bank is explicitly implemented by Reaticulate. It tells Reaticulate which CCs to chase when articulations are activated across MIDI channels.

This is really only applicable for the multi case, where you have multiple patches loaded in on different channels. For example, if your library didn't have a multi-articulation patch, you could load different articulations on different channels. Suppose you have long normale on channel 1, and long sul tasto on channel 2. If you activate long normale and hold a note and swell on CC1 and then activate sul tasto, when you play the next note, you would expect it to have the same CC1 as the other articulation. If CC1 is in the list of CC #s to chase, then Reaticulate will ensure that.

Quote:
EWQLSO NB: this is for the older 'Platinum Complete' product from EastWest, not the newer Hollywood line. I've no idea if they're compatible.
Thanks for the submission, UserZero. I'll include it in the userbanks directory on GitHub, and mark it as "Platinum Complete". I couldn't tell you if they are compatible with the latest versions of the library either.

Quote:
I went ahead and tried to best-guess UACC values for these instead of wimping out with just the key numbers or sequential numbering. Turns out, after the first 7 or 8, it's mostly copy/paste. Although a fair number of them I couldn't really pin to a consistent value.
Nice. And yes, as per above, apart from the more conventional articulations, your best guess is quite good enough.

Quote:
I do find a reference to glissandi under legato but am uncertain whether this is correct, or whether "2 slid" would be the same thing. Happy to hear your thoughts on this.
I wouldn't sweat this too much. If you find a match in the UACC spec, use it. If you have to squint to make it match, that's perfectly fine. If not, use any other number.

Quote:
BTW, as I had said in a previous post, I feel I've sort-of hijacked this thread with my little observations and conundrums whilst trying to create reabanks - sorry about that! - so am wondering if I should start a separate thread for that stuff.
I wouldn't worry about it at this point. You're not that spammy.

Though if you do start another thread, you might PM me about it as there's a good chance I'll miss it. I've not had a lot of free time lately, as you may have gleaned from my very slow response.

And on the subject of my slow reply, apologies to everyone about that. If you have a pending question I forgot to answer, I'd appreciate if you could re-ask it as I'm afraid I've missed it.

Last edited by tack; 09-22-2020 at 05:48 PM.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:56 AM   #1082
Vadium

Hi Jason,

Is it possible to add CCrange functionality? (like a Pitch and Velocity range)

for example, CCrange:1,5-127 = all incoming CC1 events will be output in range 5-127
Old 09-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #1083
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadium View Post
Is it possible to add CCrange functionality? (like a Pitch and Velocity range)
Sorry, that's not currently possible.

https://github.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/issues/10 is that idea, but it's been open for a while. Priorities -- you know how it is.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #1084
crd

Sorry, I know this has already been answered here somewhere but I haven't been able to find it.

How do I select layered articulations? Like long staccato at once.

I have some time and will make some banks of the Spitfire Solo Strings to share in the next few weeks. Sometime this year I am going to make a video showing how I do orchestral writing arranging with Reaper and Reaticulate because I am so sick of people telling me how Reaper is no good for film scoring....

Last edited by crd; 09-27-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: clarity
crd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #1085
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd View Post
How do I select layered articulations? Like long staccato at once.
I'm afraid you need to create a separate articulation that contains the layering you want to use. And even then this would only work for libraries that support this. (Although it would certainly work for the multi case where you have patches loaded into different channels.)

The main reason for this is that the basic unit of articulation control is a program change event, which is a discrete event. There isn't really a way to "layer" program changes as such.

You can see an example in the intro video at 9:53 with the "beefy spiccato" example which is a layering between two patches on different channels. And if you keep listening, around 12:19 I talk a bit about layering using multiple source MIDI channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd View Post
Sometime this year I am going to make a video showing how I do orchestral writing arranging with Reaper and Reaticulate because I am so sick of people telling me how Reaper is no good for film scoring....
Seems to be enough folks around here proving that assumption wrong.

Looking forward to seeing your video!
Old 09-27-2020, 07:20 PM   #1086
crd

Thank you! That is all helpful.
crd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:51 PM   #1087
gwok

Hello, apologies if this has been brought up already, as I haven't read through the entire thread.

I did want to mention that I seem to be noticing that now that I'm using more cc's for volume (cc11 expression) the cc information seems to not always be getting through to the plugin. Sometimes if the cc info is for example a cresendo rising in volume, the instrument won't go up in volume at all, or will jump to the new volume at that very end of the ramp. As well, if I trun off the reaticulate plugin, the cc's are rock solid and there is no erratic jumps.

Let me know if this seems a likely reaticulate issue, or maybe it's user error potentionally. Either way, let me know and I can dig around a little more or pass on any more info that might be relevent. Thanks!!
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:58 PM   #1088
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
As well, if I trun off the reaticulate plugin, the cc's are rock solid and there is no erratic jumps. Let me know if this seems a likely reaticulate issue, or maybe it's user error potentionally.
I haven't heard of anything like that, but if disabling the Reaticulate JSFX makes the problem go away, that does point the finger in that direction. This could come down to configuration, though.

What VI are you using? Can you share the bank you're using? Does it happen with different VIs as well? Is it consistent for any given volume ramp? (You mentioned "sometimes" but I don't know if this means for some ramps and not others, or intermittently with one ramp.)

Are you able to create and share a small test project that reproduces it?

Edit: another idea: if you put ReaControlMIDI instances before and after Reaticulate and turn logging on, do you see any incoming CCs that Reaticulate is failing to output?
Old 09-29-2020, 05:11 PM   #1089
gwok

Hey Tack, thanks. I just did a quick test (can check more thouroughly later) though using the midi logger, the cc's still seem to be passing through reaticulate, though not receiving.

•The instrument is Kontakt 5
•it is using the same ramp repeatedley that has intermitent results
• i made my own bank for the strings

edit:also, double checked, and it does seem to stop when the plugin is disabled

couldnt attach the reabank, but here is the text from the bank

Bank 1 1 NI Strings

//! c=Sustain i=legato o=note:24
1 Sustain
//! c=Fortepiano i=legato o=note:25
6 Fortepiano
//! c=Sforzando i=legato o=note:26
38 Sforzando
//! c=Staccato i=staccato o=note:27
44 Staccato
//! c=Tremolo i=tremolo o=note:28
88 Tremolo
//! c=Pizzicato i=pizz o=note:29
94 Pizzicato
Attached Files
File Type: rpp reaticulate_gwok.RPP (153.8 KB, 133 views)
Old 09-29-2020, 05:27 PM   #1090
tack

Quote:
•The instrument is Kontakt 5
•it is using the same ramp repeatedley that has intermitent results
• i made my own bank for the strings
Unfortunately I don't have the Kontakt 4 factory library so I couldn't reproduce it. I did try loading another patch (from the Kontakt 5 factory library) with the same project and couldn't reproduce that.

Does it happen with any other patches? What about other players than Kontakt, if you happen to have any?

What if you add the Midi Monitor multiscript within Kontakt itself? Does it show any gaps in the CC ramp?

Just to rule out Reaper configuration, if you do a fresh portable throwaway install, does it still happen?
Old 09-29-2020, 11:49 PM   #1091
gwok

Hi Tack, thanks.

I've had trouble reproducing the effect tonight to test. It's been erratic enough that I'm still note quite certain what the specific circumstances are to repro, but I mostly notice it when I'm really digging in and working, which is a little different than testing. So I will keep a specific eye out to see if I can track it down. I'll keep your comments in mind as well, as it could have something to do with Konakt, or my buffer/midi editor settings etc etc.

I'll keep an eye out and report back with more info, or if I find the cause. thanks!
Old 09-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #1092
gwok

Hi Tack,

I think I found the problem and it appears to not be related to Reaticulate. Sorry!!

It seems when interacting/editing notes in the midi editor, cc's ie cc11 get interupted and are not passed through for a few seconds. If editing during playback, this creates the jumps I mentioned. Not Reaticulate related, though just wanted to pass on the info for your/others' reference.

thanks for the help, and thanks for this GREAT tool!!
Old 09-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #1093
tack

Quote:
It seems when interacting/editing notes in the midi editor, cc's ie cc11 get interupted and are not passed through for a few seconds. If editing during playback, this creates the jumps I mentioned. Not Reaticulate related, though just wanted to pass on the info for your/others' reference.
Ah, interesting, and thanks for following up about that.

Out of curiosity, do you have "Disable media buffering for tracks with open MIDI editors" unchecked in Audio/Buffering preferences?
Old 09-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #1094
gwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
Ah, interesting, and thanks for following up about that.

Out of curiosity, do you have "Disable media buffering for tracks with open MIDI editors" unchecked in Audio/Buffering preferences?
I tried both enabled and disabled with no difference
Old 10-07-2020, 08:23 AM   #1095
mozart999uk

So noob with reaticulate here. Just trying to roll my own bank for broadway big band.

It uses keyswitches rather than CC's

Some keyswitches are what Broadway calls "passive temp" which need to be pressed and held before the note and then when released, the articulation goes back to a default legato for the next note played.

I'm using for example "o=note-hold:27" for staccato, but it stays on this articulation (with all subsequent notes being staccato) until something different is chosen.

Is there a way to do a "note hold" keyswitch that only lasts for the duration of the note and then returns to a default value?

I've tried looking through the documentation and also reverse engineering some of the factory banks but I can't work out how to do it.

I've probably missed something....

Last edited by mozart999uk; 10-07-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typing mistake
mozart999uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #1096
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Is there a way to do a "note hold" keyswitch that only lasts for the duration of the note and then returns to a default value?
Reaticulate doesn't support this kind of thing, sorry. Articulations (program changes) are technically independent from notes. The way Reaticulate is designed is that the Bank/Program Select lane tells the story about what articulation is active.

When patches have a default mode of operation that is temporarily altered by holding a keyswitch, Reaticulate handles this case via the poorly dubbed "off program" which essentially describes the default state of the patch. In your case, it sounds like Legato is this default mode, so you would have a Legato articulation in your bank that doesn't have any output events, but the "off" program in the bank definition refers to the program number you chose for Legato. You'd then insert a Legato program change when you're finished with the temporary articulation, and this has the effect of releasing any held notes sent to the patch.

This is better described in the documentation and in the intro video (14:43).

HTH.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:58 AM   #1097
mozart999uk

Quote:
Reaticulate doesn't support this kind of thing, sorry. Articulations (program changes) are technically independent from notes. The way Reaticulate is designed is that the Bank/Program Select lane tells the story about what articulation is active.

When patches have a default mode of operation that is temporarily altered by holding a keyswitch, Reaticulate handles this case via the poorly dubbed "off program" which essentially describes the default state of the patch. In your case, it sounds like Legato is this default mode, so you would have a Legato articulation in your bank that doesn't have any output events, but the "off" program in the bank definition refers to the program number you chose for Legato. You'd then insert a Legato program change when you're finished with the temporary articulation, and this has the effect of releasing any held notes sent to the patch.

This is better described in the documentation and in the intro video (14:43).

HTH.
Thanks Tack for taking the time to explain. Really appreciate it. That sounds like good workaround. I'll try it :-)
mozart999uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:00 PM   #1098
Musiccreator

Default reaticulate single patches

Quote:
(See the 0.4.0 release post.)

Hello REAPER users,

I'd like to announce an alpha preview release of Reaticulate: an articulation management system for REAPER.

[Cross-posted on the Reaper forum, vi-control.net, and thesoundboard.net. Apologies if you frequent multiple forums and this is feeling spammy.]
Hello! I saw several of your posts on the forum on the topic "Reaticulate"
Since I am a composer and musician, it is not easy for me to understand the intricacies of programming. Therefore, I hope that maybe you can help me with my problem.
I installed this script and I did some experiments which I can see works great.
However, I still haven't found a detailed description of how to switch between single music patches. . There are no problems with multiarticulations. However, I cannot find any banks or recommendations on how to control switching between a set of single articulations.
I would be very grateful if you could send me a small version of the bank for switching individual Berlin string patches. Then I could understand how it works. Or maybe just a short explanation. I would be very grateful!
Musiccreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #1099
daeavelwyn

Hello Musiccreator,
what do you mean by switching from single articulation to another ?

Do you mean you have this kind of template :

Code:
| Vl1-track |
    | Legato    |
    | Staccato  |
    | Pizz      |
With a kontakt instance on legato, one on staccato and one on pizz and only one patch loaded on each track ?
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:49 PM   #1100
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeavelwyn View Post
With a kontakt instance on legato, one on staccato and one on pizz and only one patch loaded on each track ?
I'm going to assume that's not the case, since if s/he had a track-per-articulation there wouldn't be any need to use Reaticulate, whose raison d'etre is to switch between articulations on a single track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccreator View Post
However, I still haven't found a detailed description of how to switch between single music patches. . There are no problems with multiarticulations. However, I cannot find any banks or recommendations on how to control switching between a set of single articulations.
Assuming you mean a classic multi scenario where you have one track and load in different articulations on the same track over different channels, there is an example of this in the intro video at 7:34 and another example in the documentation. Hope either or both of those are clear but let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by tack; 10-27-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #1101
daeavelwyn

Quote:
I'm going to assume that's not the case, since if s/he had a track-per-articulation there wouldn't be any need to use Reaticulate, whose raison d'etre is to switch between articulations on a single track.
Yes, that's why I'm first asking for this case
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:32 PM   #1102
Musiccreator

Quote:
intro video at 7:34 and another example in the documentation. Hope either or both of those are clear but let me know if you have any questions.
Yes, I'm asking exactly what you are showing at 7.34. This is a set of detached patches, I have patches from Berlin string loaded. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to do this. Maybe you could post an example of a bank? To switch that set of articulations? unfortunately, since there are no ready-made banks on the Internet for just such a case, it is very difficult for me to understand how to do this. since I use ready-made user banks.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:59 AM   #1103
Musiccreator

I see an example that interests me, but however I still can't figure out how to connect it to Berlin string ...

Simple channel routing
A generic example where we have 3 individual articulation patches on 3 separate MIDI channels and we want to do simple routing only: no keyswitches needed by the underlying virtual instrument.

//! c=legato i=legato o=@1
20 legato
//! c=long i=note-whole o=@2
1 sustains
//! c=short i=staccato o=@3
40 staccato
Old 10-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #1104
tack

Quote:
I see an example that interests me, but however I still can't figure out how to connect it to Berlin string ...
1. Load the Berlin String Patches into Kontakt with the channel assignment of your choice.
2. Create a bank whose articulations map onto the channel assignment you chose in step 1. Suppose you put the legato patch on channel 1, the sustains patch on channel 2, and staccato on channel 3. Then your bank would look like:

Quote:
//! c=legato i=legato o=@1
20 legato
//! c=long i=note-whole o=@2
1 sustains
//! c=short i=staccato o=@3
40 staccato
And the gory details of what those c=... i=... o=... atributes mean, what the numbers mean before the articulations, etc. is documented on the website.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #1105
Musiccreator

Hey. It looks like I made some mistake, since now I have the following error:

DataRoamingREAPERScriptsReaticulateappreabank.lua3 11 attempt to perform bitwise operation on a nil value (field 'msb')

I did a reinstallation of the scripts but it didn't help. can you tell me how to fix it?
Old 10-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #1106
tack

Quote:
DataRoamingREAPERScriptsReaticulateappreabank.lua3 11 attempt to perform bitwise operation on a nil value (field 'msb')
The likely cause is a syntax error in your user bank file. If you paste that here (or PM me if you prefer), I can point out where the problem is.

Reaticulate should never crash this way of course. I have an open issue to make Reaticulate more robust in the face of these kinds of syntactical errors.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #1107
Musiccreator

Quote:
The likely cause is a syntax error in your user bank file. If you paste that here (or PM me if you prefer), I can point out where the problem is.

Reaticulate should never crash this way of course. I have an open issue to make Reaticulate more robust in the face of these kinds of syntactical errors.
Thanks for the answer! I have sent you files. please check your email, spam folder.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:49 AM   #1108
Kitarraman

Default Little bit out of topic, but...

Tack, I'm curious: do you use TouchOSC? I'm creating my custom layout for controlling Reaper's Mixer and MIDI CCs on Virtual Instruments, I'm trying to recreate what you did with your script for synchronizing MIDI CCs with a Motorized Control Surface. I kinda achieved what I was going for, another Reaper user here on the forum told me to add a send out to MIDI hardware to get the controls moving in TouchOSC. It worked, but I have to manually remove the send anytime I arm a new track, otherwise TouchOSC will get flooded with all the MIDI CC messages coming from all the tracks. You think your script could work in my favour here?
Kitarraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:57 AM   #1109
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
Tack, I'm curious: do you use TouchOSC?
Not actively. A bit for testing. I used to use it for articulation switching but since Reaticulate I've moved to a model where common articulations are triggered from my MIDI keyboard and I just use Reaticulate's GUI for everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
You think your script could work in my favour here?
Reaticulate supports feedback of CCs to control surfaces and this will work with TouchOSC as well.

https://reaticulate.com/usage.html#f...ontrol-surface

(Bidirectional sync of articulations I wasn't able to make work, but CC faders work bidirectionally with TouchOSC.)
Old 10-29-2020, 07:31 AM   #1110
Kitarraman

Quote:
Reaticulate supports feedback of CCs to control surfaces and this will work with TouchOSC as well.

https://reaticulate.com/usage.html#f...ontrol-surface

(Bidirectional sync of articulations I wasn't able to make work, but CC faders work bidirectionally with TouchOSC.)
Thanks, I'll look into that
Old 10-29-2020, 03:30 PM   #1111
robynsveil

Default Tina Guo Vol 2 Arco Legato

Not sure if someone else has posted this... I have the Tina Guo Legato and Legato Arco (vol 2) Artist Series libraries. Here's a quick-n-dirty reabank for the Arco Legato:

Code:
//------------------------------------------------------
//     Tina Guo - Volume 2 Arco Legato

//! g="CineSamples/AS Tina Volume2" n="Cello Solo"

Bank 22 1 TinaGuoVol2 - Cello Solo

//! c=long i=legato-slurred o=note:24
1 Arco
//! c=long i=note-whole o=note:25
8 Open Strings
//! c=long i=legato-sul-pont o=note:26
18 Sul Pont
//! c=long i=harmonics o=note:27
10 Harmonics
//! c=short-light i=spiccato o=note:28
42 Spiccato
//! c=short-dark i=marcato o=note:29
52 Marcato
//! c=short-light i=pizz o=note:30
56 Vib Pizz
On the nki there are some settings that I can't figure out how to automate via Reaticulate: you can toggle Attack Overlay, Legato and Bow on and off

[image]https://tightbytes.com/images/composition/cockos/TinaGuoAL01.png[/image]

but clicking on it reveals nothing in the Kontakt info section, whereas clicking on the notes does. I'm still such a complete gremmie when it comes to all this... perhaps there's no way to actually control this, or - far more likely - I'm failing to understand that aspect of cobbling these reabanks.
robynsveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:31 PM   #1112
robynsveil

Default Tina Guo Vol 2 Arco Legato

Not sure if someone else has posted this... I have the Tina Guo Legato and Arco Legato (vol 2) Artist Series libraries. Here's a quick-n-dirty reabank for the Arco Legato:

Code:
//     Tina Guo - Volume 2 Arco Legato

//! g="CineSamples/AS Tina Volume2" n="Cello Solo"

Bank 22 1 TinaGuoVol2 - Cello Solo

//! c=long i=legato-slurred o=note:24
1 Arco
//! c=long i=note-whole o=note:25
8 Open Strings
//! c=long i=legato-sul-pont o=note:26
18 Sul Pont
//! c=long i=harmonics o=note:27
10 Harmonics
//! c=short-light i=spiccato o=note:28
42 Spiccato
//! c=short-dark i=marcato o=note:29
52 Marcato
//! c=short-light i=pizz o=note:30
56 Vib Pizz
On the nki there are some settings that I can't figure out how to automate via Reaticulate: you can toggle Attack Overlay, Legato and Bow on and off

but clicking on it reveals nothing in the Kontakt info section, whereas clicking on the notes does. I'm still such a complete gremmie when it comes to all this... perhaps there's no way to actually control this, or - far more likely - I'm failing to understand that aspect of cobbling these reabanks.

Last edited by robynsveil; 10-29-2020 at 04:02 PM.
robynsveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:34 AM   #1113
tack

Quote:

but clicking on it reveals nothing in the Kontakt info section, whereas clicking on the notes does.
I happen to own this library as well so I took a look and indeed there doesn't seem to be any out-of-the-box way to control these settings.

This would have to be done through customizing the patch to MIDI learn some unused CC for each of these buttons and then Reaticulate can send the appropriate CC value to turn the button on or off. If you share the bank with other users, they would have to make the same customizations on their end for the Reaticulate bank to work properly.

A pretty obvious oversight from Cinesamples if you ask me.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:18 AM   #1114
PuerAzaelis

Eternal noob here - started installing and using Reaticulate with Dementum's East-West HO packs the other day, it is working like a charm - I'm liking Reaticulate!
PuerAzaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #1115
Hartley Mays

Default Spitfire Union Chapel Organ problem

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Spitfire Union Chapel Organ banks created and downloaded by Wolfgang Augustus in May, 2019, Post #406.

I can only get one stop turned on at a time, despite many of them being intended to turn on multiple stops by sending multiple notes concurrently. It works correctly when I use a keyboard and hold down more than one keyswitch at a time.

A midi log in between Reat and Kontakt shows a note off being generated after the first note on and before the second. Is there a way to prevent it being generated assuming that's the problem?

Any other ideas why this might not be working?

Thanks,
Hartley

Last edited by Hartley Mays; 11-07-2020 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Additional info on the problem
Hartley Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #1116
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley Mays View Post
A midi log in between Reat and Kontakt shows a note off being generated after the first note on and before the second. Is there a way to prevent it being generated assuming that's the problem?
That is indeed the problem, and this is a regression. It's not supposed to behave this way.

Will look into it.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #1117
tack

Default 0.4.6 released

0.4.6 is out with some bug fixes.

Installing
If you're a new user (not upgrading), just follow these installation instructions.

Upgrading
If you've installed using ReaPack, you should eventually receive the update, but you can force it by following the updating instructions.

Here are the changes since 0.4.5:

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed regression where articulations with multiple note output events would fail to send all note-ons together before sending note-off events.
  • Reaticulate JSFX no longer popup when being added to tracks (#120)
  • Improved robustness when loading malformed banks
  • Added hidden feature for shift-click on the reload toolbar icon to scrub all MIDI items for misconfiguration that might prevent showing articulation names.
  • Fixed problem where autostart setting would not work reliably (#107)
  • Improved reliability of window pinning when Reaticulate is undocked
  • Added note number to articulation tooltip (#96)
  • Now respects Reaper's MIDI octave name display offset configuration when displaying articulation tooltips

Last edited by tack; 11-07-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #1118
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley Mays View Post
Is there a way to prevent it being generated assuming that's the problem?
Give 0.4.6 a try?
Old 11-07-2020, 03:39 PM   #1119
Hartley Mays

Default 4.6 works

Works fine now!

May all your bugs be regressions.

Thanks particularly for the great turnaround.

Later,
Hartley
Hartley Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #1120
Kitarraman

Quote:
0.4.6 is out with some bug fixes.

Installing
If you're a new user (not upgrading), just follow these installation instructions.

Upgrading
If you've installed using ReaPack, you should eventually receive the update, but you can force it by following the updating instructions.

Here are the changes since 0.4.5:

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed regression where articulations with multiple note output events would fail to send all note-ons together before sending note-off events.
  • Reaticulate JSFX no longer popup when being added to tracks (#120)
  • Improved robustness when loading malformed banks
  • Added hidden feature for shift-click on the reload toolbar icon to more scrub all MIDI items for misconfiguration that might prevent showing articulation names.
  • Fixed problem where autostart setting would not work reliably (#107)
  • Improved reliability of window pinning when Reaticulate is undocked
  • Added note number to articulation tooltip (#96)
  • Now respects Reaper's MIDI octave name display offset configuration when displaying articulation tooltips
I'll give it a try. Thank you for your work Tack!