Old 03-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
binaryoblivion
Human being with feelings

Default Synth1 buggy (OS X)

I am running into some bugs with the AU and VSTi versions of Synth1 in Reaper OS X:

- When I turn a dial in Synth1 my mouse cursor "jumps" left and up by a couple of hundred pixels. When this happens the dial spins to 100%, which makes fine tuning very difficult.
- When viewing Synth1 in the FX window (rather than free floating) all mouse coordinates are out by a hundred or so pixels. It's like the bug I mentioned above, only worse, since I have to guess where to click in the first place.
- When I browse a Synth1 preset bank, the preset window opens off screen, so that the top of the window is not visible. I can't see half of the presets, or navigate patch banks effectively. Sometimes the preset browser won't close, which makes the rest of Reaper unusable since it obscures Reaper's GUI.

In other words, the synth1 GUI is super super buggy!

Has anyone had problems with Synth1 in Reaper (OS X)? I am using Synth1 1.13 OS X Beta.

Last edited by binaryoblivion; 03-09-2016 at 03:33 AM.
binaryoblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
binaryoblivion

Just an update on this. Synth1 is now working correctly for me in Reaper 5.18 64 bit OS X!

I also has problems with G Force Minimonsta in early versions of Reaper which is also now fixed. Previously the VST UI was being cropped, which made the synth unusable.

I am so happy right now!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
binaryoblivion

Oh, wait wait wait... I realised I installed 32 bit Reaper, and that is why Synth1 and Minimonsta work now. They probably always worked in the 32 bit version of Reaper, and are still incompatible with the 64 bit version. In any case, mystery solved.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
Rangler

There's a 64 bit version on their page. I wonder if it will work correctly now. I'm going to try it.
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #5
vanhaze

I just tried that latest beta version -64bit on my system:

Both AU and VST don't work for me : scr#wed up GUI and all buttons/knobs don't react on any mouse clicking/dialing on them.

Did also check these plugins in Ableton Live 9: same issues , totally unusable.

OSX 10.12.6
Reaper 5.50RC13 - 64bit.
Ableton Live 9 latest - 64bit.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #6
run_esc

Ran into this today, if you disable “slider windows” or something like that in the options panel, it solves the jumpy mouse problem.

The preset menu sticking problem is annoying, I just make the interface smaller and keep it near the bottom of the screen.

Didn’t try anything with the 32-bit version.

Otherwise Mac 64-bit Synth1 is working fine in Reaper and Logic Pro X in 64-bit macOS 10.14, for me anyway.
run_esc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:36 AM   #7
jtayl711

I know this post is a couple years old but are people still able to get the 64 bit version to work? Mine keeps crashing reaper
jtayl711 is offline   Reply With Quote