COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > NINJAM Discussion > NINJAM User Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #1
pcx901
Human being with feelings

Default Streaming a Stereo Channel on Original Ninjam Client?

Hi,

Is it possible for the original Ninjam client (Windows) to stream a stereo channel? The only way I can see this to be possible is to create 2 channels, but this is counterproductive as only you (or anyone who actually pans you) will hear the stereo.
In case anyone asks, I normally do use ReaNinjam. The reason I am hoping this will work is there's something wrong with the chat window in ReaNinjam for me. I am blind and the chat display where all messages are posted doesn't seem to allow me to scroll through it, so if I am to keep up with the chat I must hear every single message every single time I check it. Original Ninjam client does not have this issue (nor does the revised TeamStream version.)
I tried to check the ninjam.cfg file for clues on how to set up a stereo mix but duplicating the settings from the ReaNinjam cfg file does not work.
Any ideas?
pcx901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
pljones

Unlike the ReaNINJAM client, the legacy client only has mono inputs, so unfortunately, there's no option to select a stereo channel.

I'm guessing JamTaba is even less accessible that ReaNINJAM as it's heavily graphical.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:26 AM   #3
pcx901

JamTaba actually crashes for me when I connect my USB Interface (Roland Duo Capture Ex.) The app itself, from what I can see, does have text descriptions for at least some of it but hard to say for sure since it crashes. I had found some old threads about that problem but never figured out if there was a solution.
I guess it's ReaNinjam for now then. I've just been hopping back and forth between it and the old client when there is a conversation. Wish someone could update the chat window -- otherwise accessibility is perfect in ReaNinjam. It is a very strange text box, I cannot think of any others which prevent me from scrolling through them with the arrow keys.
pcx901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #4
urednik

You can stream two mono signals can't you?
W10 (64) Lenovo E540 - SSD; Lenovo B590; W7 (32), Compaq 610 (2.1Ghz core 2 duo, L2 cache, 2GB RAM); DPA 4018, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MTSC 64, Neumann mk184, AEA Ribbon 88mk, AKG SolidTUBE; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, recording merely live acoustic music.
urednik is offline   Reply With Quote