Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
ngarjuna
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I think that's fair based on your experience and I can understand what you are saying. If it helps I can only add that during the 5 years or so that I have been here, ngarjuna has never let me down in a technical fashion and he is one of the few who's statements I tend to trust even when I don't completely agree. He has always been matter of fact and isn't afraid to present both sides; he does seem to be a stickler for evidence which I can't argue with in this particular line of work.

I also remember seeing expertise in posts of yours in the past that I also felt like I could trust so I don't think there is too much of a problem here. Hopefully its just great minds (myself not included) bouncing around our views.
That's probably more complementary than I deserve; like most people, I'm sure my opinions vary from useful to deeply personal depending on the matter in question. Along those lines, I'd like to clarify something that has probably gotten lost in the minutiae of the discussion:

I don't think my opinion of what VRM can or cannot do is superior to imsigh's. Really, I don't. There are many tools in audio that some people love and others think are crap (read a thread on GS about the Avalon 737 if you want a really easy [and sometimes funny] example). My opinion on VRM is just another one. And I'll stop addressing the matter once and for all as soon as the matter of "objective provability" is settled. I don't deny that some people have good experiences with VRM, I've even said as much in previous posts. It most definitely wasn't for me and, thus, for other engineers who tend to feel like I do about stuff, it may not be for them (then again, maybe it will, it's best not to be dogmatic about stuff you haven't had a chance to try out yourself).
ngarjuna is offline   Reply With Quote