Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-30-2020, 04:52 AM   #1
bhuether
Human being with feelings

Default Use Logic plugins via SoundFlower - tips?

Hi, I am trying to use some Logic plugins to process some tracks in Reaper.

I have SoundFlower installed, and I can get input to Logic from Reaper, by adding a send from Reaper to Logic using SoundFlower 1/2.

In Logic I set up an aux track on which I have sound designer. That aux track is set to receive SoundFLower 1/2 from Reaper. In Logic I see its meters working. I also have its output set to SoundFlower 3/4. But in Reaper I don't get any input back from Logic's aux track when I set up a Reaper track with SoundFlower inputs 3/4.

I also tried adding audio track in Logic, with its send to a Logic Aux track, and I can see the aux track outputting from sound designer, but I just can't get that output back into Reaper no matter what I try.

Any idea what I need to do?

thanks!
bhuether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
paulthesparky

I don't use sound flower. From what I heard it doesn't have that great functionality these days. I use Rogue Amoeba Loopback2, which helps me route audio internally on my Mac. I had to pay for it, but it's been a god send. Not sure about whether it will route audio from reaper to logic etc. I cant try it as I'm away from my home computer which has Reaper. It definitely does allow me to record in to Logic from youtube or whatever else is playing at the time. I just go in to Logic Preferences/ Audio/ Input Device and select the Loopback option. Similarly on the output, I can set a powersoft audio device, multi output device, which both also show up in monitor section of Loopback.

Last edited by paulthesparky; 11-22-2020 at 09:43 AM.
paulthesparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
kaylec

I’m guessing you’ve seen Kenny’s video?

https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#3q78Qi_1pgo
kaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
poulhoi

I would but BlackHole forward as another modern alternative to Soundflower. Works really great for me
poulhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
bhuether

I ended up getting things working using my RME interface's TotalMix application which can handle internal loopback routing.
bhuether is offline   Reply With Quote