Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
not_so_new
Human being with feelings

Default Getting automation to follow tempo changes

I have a track with a LOT of automation and I need to make a pretty big global tempo change to the whole project without having to redraw all automation points.

I looked around the site and for YouTube videos but everything I found (so far) seems to be related to moving individual automation lanes with items but not with a global tempo change, is there a way to do that?

It looks like that used to be a bug but it was fixed a while back? Maybe I am just missing something? I am on 6.12c

Thanks in advance
not_so_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
not_so_new
Human being with feelings

Oh....

Okay so anyone else searching for a solution, in the Project Settings I set Timebase for items/envelopes/markers to "Beats (position, length, rate)" and it seems to be working.

When changing the global tempo now it appears the automation points in each lane are moving with the project items.

If anyone else reading this has a better solution or if that setting in the Project Settings page is going mess up other things please let me know?

Thanks!
not_so_new is offline   Reply With Quote